Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 15:42   #991
Senior - BHPian

thanks, all are good options.
i also did the same as @nairrk, gave the money to the boy so that he can bring sweets for them all.
will do the same for my car as well

Please tell me what is faboy-ism?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:21.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:54   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Thanks a ton for the clarifications.

I clearly now see the benefits of being a Senior BHPian. Have'nt come across a more sensible and level headed reply.

Thank you for understanding what I meant.

IMO, a little fanboy-ism should be allowed - after all passion have to express itself someway or other. Without Sreesanth or a Miandad, cricket will be a monotonous.

Haha, I completely agree. I just don't want there to be a level of fanboy-ism where we owners feel our car can do everything right, and other cars and people who feel otherwise should be shunned from our lives. I have seen many posts and threads where people would take a side and just argue about each car, boasting about the positives and ignoring the negatives, being rude to people who felt otherwise, etc., which required a lot of mod action in terms of editing and deleting posts. A good example would be the Linea threads.

This particular thread, IMO, is not about die-hard auto enthusiasts (like the guys who know their machines inside-out)..it's just a place to share the initial ownership enthusiam/excitement and everything that goes with it.
i completely agree. This thread is for prospective owners, new owners, and long term owners who love the car. It has all the information about various accessories, features, etc. and that is what I love about this thread.

Rest assured, we are plunking down hard earned money here..when it comes to service and quality, no mfrs will be allowed to get away easily..being a fan or not will not come in the way of taking them to task.
And that is what makes T-BHP better than other websites and forums
Once again, please see my replies in bold.

To all owners:

- As you'll know, we have a 2006 fiesta TDCi ZXi. I would like to upgrade the ICE part by part, next year onwards, depending on my grades, as a reward to myself. This would include 6*9 in the back, with 5*7 in the fronts, and possibly a sub and an amp. How does this sound?

- Are there any other accessories I could get for my baby? Something not very expensive, but nice at the same time. I am bored of the fully stock look and want to do her up a bit.

Waiting for your replies.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:19   #993
Senior - BHPian

@lamborghini,
i would advise you to go for ICE - Kenwood DDX5032, i just love the Touchscreen model with SATNAV, Rear camera functionality and others.
Even personally i have also planned to go for the same in the coming time.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:37   #994
Senior - BHPian

@lamborghini

Your above comments well noted.
As you said, this thread is mainly used for giving ownership experience
(new ownership as well as longtime ownership) of this particular model car which all of us have been driving (ofcourse including you) and I have not seen anywhere compelling some one to go only for this car. Also this thread has no intention to downgrade any other brand/model cars. All cars are good and only the person to person opinion defers and it is the choice of individuals to decide which car they should go for - Thanks.

Re ICE -@ ruchirtnt has given some suggestion already
@frankmehta has done lot of upgradation recently, also @shajufx -they are the better persons to give opinion on this.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:49   #995
Senior - BHPian

Dear Nair

Superb post...
Extremely informative...

This will certainly help buying a Fiesta a lot easier for the prospective buyer.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:49   #996
Senior - BHPian

Could also go for Sony XAV-W1 but it does not have a SATNAV, as in Kenwood.
But still for a die hard sony fan, it can be a good option

link for the same:
Mobile Display : Xplod In Car Visual : Sony India
Old 18th December 2009, 17:04   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This would include 6*9 in the back, with 5*7 in the fronts, and possibly a sub and an amp. How does this sound?
Sounds good !
First thing is to fix a budget before considering any brand or size or capcity. Once that figure is clear, then we have over 15 brands in the market right now to chose from, except the 5X7 being rare with very few brands (like Hertz etc.). Infact Fiesta stock speakers are 5X7 both on front doors and rear.

What I have done is a simpler ICEing within 25k, what Frank has done is an extensive, expensive (over 10 times), time consuming set up for a full-fledged sound experience.

I used Blaupunkt amp, Rockford Fosgate 12" sub and 5X7 Hertz components, no rear, retaining the stock 2 DIN HU. I can do further mods on the ICE only after upgrading the HU, because there is nothing more you can connect to a stock HU.

You can find detailed photos in my garage and very detailed write up and photos on Frank's thread. But, as the first thing, fix the budget, otherwise bank accounts will go for a toss.

Last edited by shajufx : 18th December 2009 at 17:08.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:44   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
The ownership experience is good so far with couple of small bothers.. The power window lock to he left of the driver is not working but the rest is .
This is nothing to worry about. The window lock is only applicable for rear windows and not the front left window.

Congrats on your buy and welcome to the club!
Old 19th December 2009, 10:58   #999
Senior - BHPian

@sanjayc

Hope you have taken delivery of your new car yesterday?
May be you were busy whole of yesterday evening because of the delivery
proceedures and then a short drive ?

Await your report soon !
Old 19th December 2009, 11:11   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will update soon on how it goes.

PS: Any advice on what sort of "thank you gift" can be provided to the salesperson/deaer staff? Will a box of sweets/chocolates do? Please share you experiences in this regard.
Great, so I suppose your delivery is today? Post some pictures. I have a box of chocolates and got some Haldiram sweet box in return. Fair trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
aquarius blue in the fiesta 1.6 S and platinum colour in all fiesta varients has been discontinued. A new colour called chill metallic replaces these 2 shades.
Wow, so the Aquarius has become like a limited edition color now. I am happy I got it when it was still available. Does anyone know if paintjobs over the years will become more difficult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
- As you'll know, we have a 2006 fiesta TDCi ZXi. I would like to upgrade the ICE part by part, next year onwards, depending on my grades, as a reward to myself. This would include 6*9 in the back, with 5*7 in the fronts, and possibly a sub and an amp. How does this sound?
You may want to consider 5x7 at the back as well as it's the stock size. 6x9 will need spacers and their installation needs to be really good.
Quote:
- Are there any other accessories I could get for my baby? Something not very expensive, but nice at the same time. I am bored of the fully stock look and want to do her up a bit.
The sports spoiler! It's 12K. If it's too much, the regular spoiler then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Maybe we were the last few lucky ones to get hold of the Platinum beauty. The Ford website shows a "Thunder" colour for ZXi variant. Wonder what color would that be. Maybe Ford is trying to reinvent a new colour.
I saw 'Thunder' gray on the road once and nearly gagged. It's not a very nice color in my opinion. The sea gray, on the other hand, is quite classy.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th December 2009 at 11:26.
Old 19th December 2009, 11:43   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I saw 'Thunder' gray on the road once and nearly gagged. It's not a very nice color in my opinion. The sea gray, on the other hand, is quite classy.
I also felt the same. In fact when i was deciding on the colour, in one of the discussions with the service manager, he pointed out that Thunder could do a good job to conceal minor body scrapes. And I see quite a few Thunder on the roads these days.

Is Sea Grey same as the old Brush Steel?
Old 19th December 2009, 12:07   #1002
BHPian

Yep guys..brought it home yday around 7:20pm.

Sorry for not being able to put a post yday..though I did check the thread..since last post I saw was from sv1976 @5:44pm..thought you guys might have gone to bed..also wanted to check everything thoroughly and go thru the manual cover-to-cover, before blabbering any further (thanks to lambho bhaisaab, being somewhat catious)

As I pointed out earlier, got my timings royally rogered yday. Was able to reach the showroom only around 5:30pm. It was ready for delivery with all the accessories fitted and cleaned.

The moment I saw the car, all pdi planning based on the checklist here in TBHP went out of the window. As usual, since it was late, the people there were trying to rush things. Got the invoice of car (ex-showroom value totalling to 6.73L) and the delivery note alongwith the owner's manual. Still to get the invoice of the regn taxes and accessories. Had to pay an amount of 15K+ in cash (balance pending for accessories) without a receipt (since it was late and invoicing unit has left it seems).

Got a box of chocolates from them. Distributed around 1200 bucks in cash there. Was the last person it seemed for the day to take delivery..hence seemed like all the dealer staff gheraoed me, post the pooja was done and the customary sqaushing of lemons. Overall experience was good.

Will get the number plate/rest of the invoices today.

It was a nightmare driving back - the stretch during the evening peak hours is so lousy..it was really nerve-wracking, made worse due to my paranoia about scratches. Somehow managed.
Did a thorough pdi at home today morning (post-delivery instead of pre-delivery..hope I am not committing blasphemy by going against TBHP rules;-})

Touchwood, everything is clean as a whistle. Nothing missing. Everything in place.

Maybe I am being too finicky..only sore point is that the polythene cover from driver's seat was removed (so that the dealer's driver can be comfortable), it had some wrinkles (guess I have to become used to it with the leather+biege combo)

The red flashing indicator sure is a pain..alongwith the 10 mins or so switch-off delay for the control panels..look/feels odd when the car is parked in the dark. Before going to bed at 12 midnight, have to go down to the parking to check if the lights are really off and the doors are locked.

Have got a lot to say/share about the experience post joining TBHP last month. Apologies for posting long messages most of the time..did'nt win any prizes in school for précis writing;-} Will come back shortly with a detailed write-up..Need some time. Lot of official work backlogs to clear thanks to the humongous amount of time spent on TBHP past couple of weeks;-}

PS: Am told by dealer that no road tax docs will be given. The RC will have all these details, which might take about 2 weeks. The only docs I have is a) Sales Invoice b) Insurance Policy/Certificate c) Delivery Note, which according to dealer is sufficient for the suspecting cops for a new car. True?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Please tell me what is faboy-ism?
To put it very mildly, fanboy means "a boy who is an enthusiastic devotee"..I am being very charitable here (definition as per meriam-webster online dictionary)

An extreme example being Apple Mac Fanboys!

Am in the process of cutting a CD with MP3 to test out the audio system..advice reqd:
1. Rear/Front balance, Tone/Bass settings etc-what are the numerical values you guys have configured?
2. Any suggestions of some songs to test the effects?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:23.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:34   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep guys..brought it home yday around 7:20pm.
Congrats! Team BHP recommends that you take delivery during bright sunshine, but then it's not always possible to wait an extra 12 hours when you know your car is all ready for delivery.
Quote:
It was a nightmare driving back - the stretch during the evening peak hours is so lousy..it was really nerve-wracking, made worse due to my paranoia about scratches. Somehow managed.
Which route did you take? PH Road is at its worst at that time of the evening.

Quote:
The red flashing indicator sure is a pain..alongwith the 10 mins or so switch-off delay for the control panels..look/feels odd when the car is parked in the dark. Before going to bed at 12 midnight, have to go down to the parking to check if the lights are really off and the doors are locked.
The red light flashes to inform prospective thiefs that the car has a security system and that they might be better off trying their luck with a softer target. But I have no idea why the green lights switch off only after a few minutes. Never found a good explanation till now.

Quote:
PS: Am told by dealer that no road tax docs will be given. The RC will have all these details, which might take about 2 weeks. The only docs I have is a) Sales Invoice b) Insurance Policy/Certificate c) Delivery Note, which according to dealer is sufficient for the suspecting cops for a new car. True?
True. If you take insurance from the dealer, the policy might take a month to come. I got mine yesterday. Managed with the cover note till then.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:49   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Which route did you take? PH Road is at its worst at that time of the evening.

Drove down the PH road toward 100ft road junction (where the flyover is being constructed)..took a left turn towards Vadapalani and again left at Vadapalani crossing towards Kodambakkam High Road/Arcot Road. It was absolute nightmare!

The red light flashes to inform prospective thiefs that the car has a security system and that they might be better off trying their luck with a softer target. But I have no idea why the green lights switch off only after a few minutes. Never found a good explanation till now.

Maybe to lure prospective thiefs and then lock them inside - like a rat trap!

True. If you take insurance from the dealer, the policy might take a month to come. I got mine yesterday. Managed with the cover note till then.

Since I took the insurance thru my channels at New India Insurance, got the original policy itself from their office at Teynampet on payment of the premia check.
My quotes in bold.
Does that mean RTO's are no longer issuing a Road Tax receipt?
Old 19th December 2009, 12:55   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My quotes in bold.
Does that mean RTO's are no longer issuing a Road Tax receipt?
I just checked my docs and I do have a separate road tax receipt. Of course the 'bribe' amount is missing. I got mine through MPL.

EDIT: I posted this in a hurry. What I have is an invoice from MPL for 'registration' charges. The road tax is clearly mentioned in the RC book and no separate receipt for that.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th December 2009 at 13:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks