Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 11:58   #976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
aquarius blue in the fiesta 1.6 S and platinum colour in all fiesta varients has been discontinued. A new color called chill metallic replaces these 2 shades.
Correct, Blue and platinum gone. See the link of the colors available

Ford - Ford Fiesta Colours/Trims
Old 18th December 2009, 12:11   #977
Senior - BHPian

So, it means the beautiful Aquarius blue 1.6 S is gone. S variant definitely have a better look/style in this colour ! Dont know why Ford change the well going colours all of a sudden?
Old 18th December 2009, 13:07   #978
Senior - BHPian

and to add in it, the platinum color is the most sold one
Old 18th December 2009, 13:27   #979
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we were the last few lucky ones to get hold of the Platinum beauty. The Ford website shows a "Thunder" colour for ZXi variant. Wonder what color would that be. Maybe Ford is trying to reinvent a new colour.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:33   #980
BHPian

Got Delivery of my 1.6 Zxi LTD

Hi Folks,
I got delivery last Saturday (Dec 12) of my Morello 1.6 Zxi. Could'nt wait so took it out for a 540 km run on Sunday. Bangalore - A temple near Vellore and back.Now it may sound strange but I'm a little superstitious and I got a number 8 on my car.So just wanted to be assured it was ok and wanted to keep this car for a long time.The odo reads about 730 km already! The DTE meter was pretty accurate on my car.
The highway run (touched speeds upto 140 many times) yielded an average of about 13kmpl with A/c on almost all the time.The city runs are giving about 11kmpl with A/c on. Of course I did'nt buy this car for the mileage but could'nt resist taking down the figures and they seem par for the course. The best part is that I did not feel tired at all at the end of nearly an eight hour drive and could do my babysitting duties at the EOD quite happily. Same state was unimaginable in my old Indica Turbo where
all the driving effort used to take its toll.This one is relatively effortless in comparison.

I could'nt stop myself from driving at insensible speeds (of course I try drive as safe as possible) because of the awesome character of this car. I do feel a little guilty of driving the brand new beast over 100 but AFAIK this car does not have a run-in period so I took the liberty - of course did not go anywhere near redlining her nor did I have the scope.

The ownership experience is good so far with couple of small bothers.. The power window lock to he left of the driver is not working but the rest is . Took some time to get used to the indicators positioned on the left instead of the right. I love the rotary-type light knob.It feels very classy. The other thing I don't like is that this SVP limited edition does not have the AUX input in the stereo. I will upload snaps soon.Still haven't taken them . also had to search a bit for the child lock which we use quite often to keep my mischeivous 2 year old at bay.

I'll keep updating my driving experiences as I go along.Any tips at this juncture from the more knowledgeable owners?

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 18th December 2009 at 13:35. Reason: changes
Old 18th December 2009, 13:42   #981
Senior - BHPian

Congraulations - so you have become another Fiestan !

hmm..140kmph -thats bit high in the initial stage ?

Hold your breath atleast the odo crosses 1500kms and go for any speed!

Enjoy -safe drive -Cheers !
Old 18th December 2009, 14:07   #982
BHPian

rpmx1000@, Congrats. You have started giving me ideas by driving @140 in a day old car.

My vehicle got registered a few minutes back. Had a bit of chaos while doing that.
For address proof, have given LIC policy. Got a call from the dealer that the policy provided by me is not being accepted by the RTO..it should be something like a policy bond whereas mine was a like a premium receipt. Was told to go to KK Nagar RTO (3 kms from my residence) and the mobile no of the dealer staff at RTO was provided to me. Gave a call to the person before leaving my residence that I will be reaching in 15 mins. Once I reached there, again gave a call to locate the person. He told me that the registration process is complete and no need for any other proof..I can go back. Double-checked with the showroom and they also confirmed the same.
For all this, a "Sorry Sir" was what I got.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Chennai sky has now started turning grey..weather was fine till now with bright sunshine. Seem like it will be raining in some time.

Have got my timings all mixed up. Am selling the Ikon which I own currently and all was decided between me and the buyer that at 10am today we will exchange the amount and reqd docs. At 10 he calls up and says, "Sorry Sir", but it seems 3-3:30pm is the auspicious time, and only then he will come..the same time window when I am supposed to take my new veh delivery.

Seems like now I have to tell "Sorry Madam" to the salesgirl for reaching late for taking delivery.

Will update soon on how it goes.

PS: Any advice on what sort of "thank you gift" can be provided to the salesperson/deaer staff? Will a box of sweets/chocolates do? Please share you experiences in this regard.

Last edited by sanjayc : 18th December 2009 at 14:16.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:17   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
rpmx1000@, Congrats. You have started giving me ideas by driving @140 in a day old car.
Dude, I did feel guilty about it , but don't get the same ideas. Congrats to you too on your new beast. But let's keep in touch - We've bought it kind of at the same time.I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot in this forum.
I haven't done anything funny in the city drives yet but the ORR keeps tempting me as its on my daily drive to work. There'll be another drive to Mysore tomorrow but may take my wife's Zen Estilo as that poor thing has'nt had a long drive experience yet.Let's see.I had a long stretch where an TN06 registered ANHC and a slightly older Fiesta passed me and were doing well over 130 when I was slowing down thanks to wifey's wise counsel.I am glad to say I kept my head.

To summarize, the addictive feeling of driving this is too much to overcome.Have to be more sensible - I do take Nair saab's words seriously.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:17   #984
Senior - BHPian

@sanjayc

Am waiting for your post, after rpmx1000, confirming that you have taken delivery of the car from showroom. Anyway its gone for registration and the car is yours. So changing your name from booking list to owner list alongwith rpmx1000.

Advance congratulations !

Last edited by nairrk : 18th December 2009 at 14:19. Reason: correction
Old 18th December 2009, 14:31   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Hi lamborghini,

Request you to read the entire sequence leading up to the post in question, before accusing of fanboy-ism..On the contrary, raking up this issue, if any at all, will only help clarify doubts, IMHO.

Buddy, I am not accusing you of fanboy-ism at all. You simply tried to provide answers to previous questions.
I even noticed that you mentioned that the link may not be authentic too.

Please note that earlier to this post, I have put up a question regarding the ncap rating for Fiesta (actually after reading somewhere that Jazz is the safest car with rating of 5)..since I am purchasing Fiesta, wanted to know about Fiesta rating.

As mentioned earlier, the NCAP rating for the fiesta and jazz sold in India will differ from the ones sold in Europe due to different design or kit levels between the two countries.
NCAP ratings are totally useless in India for that very reason.
BTW, there will be no NCAP ratings for the Indian fiesta as the model is not sold in Europe. ARAI should introduce crash testing in India, as that is what would give us buyers knowledge about our cars safety.
However, that is something i don't see happening anytime soon, as the Govt. has no laws for safety standards of automobiles in India, except for seat belts, High Mounted Stop Lamp, and a headlamp leveler.

Also, please note that before you, myself have given the note that the authenticity is doubtfull.
I saw that, and I am not accusing you at all. In fact I am not accusing anyone. It was just the perceived tone I felt in the replies to your post that made me feel like it was something similar to faboy-ism.

I seriously assume that any new buyers will not read a single post and decide. Further, my post taken in conjunction with yours, further strengthens the fact the users should do more research before buying...what if a new user reads the article only and not come to TBHP at all, since any goole search of +Ford +Fiesta +India +safety +rating will throw the article link with TBHP nowhere in picture..now at least any prospective user will get to read both and decide for themselves.

I would hope not, but given that the link was on an automobile website in India, many non enthusiastic, and uninformed buyers might get swayed by it.
In fact, in after thought, I felt that I removed the anger I felt after seeing the link, on my previous post.
I even sent a strong worded feedback for that post.

No offence taken. In fact I spend almost 3 hrs yday searching for the Fiesta India rating and posted a Wiki link as well, if you care to read the last 2 pages. Further, after going thru Ford India's website. Have sent a mail to them yday asking for the ncap rating..yet to receive a reply.

As mentioned earlier, the indian fiesta doesn't have an NCAP rating, and will not have one unless it sold with similar trim in Europe.

And by no means giving Fiesta a 'safe' tag leads to misleading potential buyers. On that basis, all product manfucaturer's claims in their ads/brochures should be banned.

I agree. Many manufacturers provide lots of misleading information and they should be pulled up for the same. It is okay to say that the car offers safety features such as ABS, Airbags, etc and should be safe. However, it is not okay to say that the car is the safest in its segment because it offers those features (when even competitors offer the same features).

Anyway, since the intentions are not to be a salesman for Fiesta but to have clarifications on its safety and other aspects.

I agree. I just felt that the posts after yours felt a bit like fanboy-ism. Maybe it was too premature to call it fanboy-ism, but I am very passionate about the fiesta and ford due to previous experiences, and I literally spend all my free time dreaming about upgrades to our fiesta.
However, I am just scared that this passion which is growing for the fiesta should not be thought of as fanboy-ism as we see in the Fiats v/s others threads.
I am sorry, and I labeled the posts following yours as fanboy-ism, as that is how I felt (with little sleep and lots of anger at the website which didn't even authenticate the information it provided). In reality, it was just misinformation which led to it. However, to be completely honest, I still get a small vibe from some of the replies to your post that make it seem like fanboy-ism might start soon, and that is something I don't want, as more fanboy-ism just reduces the quality of posts and threads on this wonderful forum

BTW, your fiesta link is "Access Denied"

My fiesta link was just a picture of the European fiesta.

Rest, am leaving upto the Mods.
Please see my replies in Bold.
I forgot to comment earlier, but your car looks FANTASTIC!!
I love the way the fiesta has matured over the years.
Hope you have an amazing ownership experience!
Old 18th December 2009, 14:39   #986
Senior - BHPian

Updated List of Fiestans:
+

Owner list:

66. Souravdebiswas--- 1.6--- S
67. marlinspake ------- 1.6--- S
68. Anuj G------------ 1.6--- S
69. akash m -----------1.6---EXi
70. nura---------------1.6---ZXi
71. jk @mumbai------- 1.6---SXi
72. rouheet------------1.6---ZXi
73. rpmx1000 ---------1.6--- ZXi
74. sanjayc -----------1.6--- SXi

Booked and waiting for delivery:

1-ruchirtnt -----1.6 ----SXi
2-kiku007 ------1.6-----ZXi

anyone else?
Old 18th December 2009, 14:44   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Whatever you do to him, dont forget to buy and give a box of sweet or choclates for all the guys in the showroom
That is what the showroom people give to the customer, had a similar experience when got a City yesterday when the Showroom owner send a Sweet box for us, I think of doing something different.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:55   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
That is what the showroom people give to the customer, had a similar experience when got a City yesterday when the Showroom owner send a Sweet box for us, I think of doing something different.
+
Yes, but that box comes from the dealer and those guys will not get anything
When I took delivery of my car, they too gave me a pocket of Chocolates packed in gift paper. In inturn gave some money to the guy and ask him to buy chocolates for all of them. Those people around all liked it and seen a smile on thier faces.

Ofcourse you can think of something different?
Old 18th December 2009, 15:08   #989
Senior - BHPian

Giving sweets is a good option. I had in fact prepared 3 small boxes of sweets -one each for Sales exec, sales staff and workshop. You cant forget the workshop guys since they will the ones having a longer relationship with you. I gave Rs 101/- for the mechanic who did the puja at the showroom during the delivery (he it seems was a seasoned guy in doing showroom pujas).
Other options - perfumes, Card holders etc
Old 18th December 2009, 15:10   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Please see my replies in Bold.
I forgot to comment earlier, but your car looks FANTASTIC!!
I love the way the fiesta has matured over the years.
Hope you have an amazing ownership experience!
Thanks a ton for the clarifications.

I clearly now see the benefits of being a Senior BHPian. Have'nt come across a more sensible and level headed reply.

IMO, a little fanboy-ism should be allowed - after all passion have to express itself someway or other. Without Sreesanth or a Miandad, cricket will be a monotonous.

This particular thread, IMO, is not about die-hard auto enthusiasts (like the guys who know their machines inside-out)..it's just a place to share the initial ownership enthusiam/excitement and everything that goes with it.

Rest assured, we are plunking down hard earned money here..when it comes to service and quality, no mfrs will be allowed to get away easily..being a fan or not will not come in the way of taking them to task.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks