Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 18:06   #796
Senior - BHPian

Sounds very German !! Do they protect us from the Indian sun ?
On a serious note, a 3M and Garware Icecool combination can do the work for you at less than half that cost, trust me. Cost of all these things are brand based, end of the day you get similar performance.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:29   #797
BHPian

+1. Yes, it is German.

For me VFM comes first. Next affordability. Brands be damned as far as attached accessories go.

3M on my current Ikon looks new even after 7 yrs. Hence I am biased towards that. But it seems for 13K with the front windshield thrown in, even 3M would more or less cost the same.

HuperOptik however claims 99% UV protection whereas all others including V-Kool maxes out at 70-80% it seems if I remember correctly. Also, with this metallic paints of others, some users have complained on the forums regarding GPS/Mobile reception interference becos of metallic content.

Seems like bit of investigation is in order.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:41   #798
BHPian

I have made the booking now. Finally

Booked ZXI Ltd edition Platinium color.

Getting Michelin 15'' Alloys and body colored side mouldings from the dealer. Paying 7.5k extra for the alloys and 3.6k for the side mouldings. Happy with the ICE for now but plan to upgrade it sometime next year. Getting the delivery early next week.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:51   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
But it seems for 13K with the front windshield thrown in, even 3M would more or less cost the same.
I am not very sure of the 3M total, because I got my 4 windows and rear done free from the dealer and front windsheild was done by Garware Icecool shield for 2.5k. I remember doing my previous car windows and rear with 3M just for 3k. So even if I club up all that and add bit more it should be close to 6k or max 7k.

Forget all that 70% and 99% figures, there is no way to prove all those tech talks by all these brands. Unless you are in the celebrity line who cares so much for the skin tone and texture, dont bother much. Lol. I heard some heroines use Bisleri water to take bath. They will defenitely prefer the most expensive sunfilms around them.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:12   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Forget all that 70% and 99% figures, there is no way to prove all those tech talks by all these brands. Unless you are in the celebrity line who cares so much for the skin tone and texture, dont bother much. Lol. I heard some heroines use Bisleri water to take bath. They will defenitely prefer the most expensive sunfilms around them.
Point Taken. Since I have a covered car park both at home/office, doubly so.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:30   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post
I have made the booking now. Finally

Booked ZXI Ltd edition Platinium color.

Getting Michelin 15'' Alloys and body colored side mouldings from the dealer. Paying 7.5k extra for the alloys and 3.6k for the side mouldings. Happy with the ICE for now but plan to upgrade it sometime next year. Getting the delivery early next week.
Can you please elaborate on the alloy wheels deal??
Old 10th December 2009, 20:20   #802
Senior - BHPian

Alloy wheels are costing too less, what make it is?
Old 10th December 2009, 20:53   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Paying 7.5k extra for the alloys and 3.6k for the side mouldings.
Could you elaborate what side moldings you referring too? Is it 1.6S side skirts or you mean side strips?

If side strips then I think you going for non-chrome one. If am correct then I recommend you to go from chrome one for which you need to pay additional 2K but its worth as it adds shine to your car.

If its side skirts then not sure how come you getting it at just 3.5K?
Old 10th December 2009, 22:47   #804
BHPian

Thoroughly enjoyable thread.
I should be on the list already. Add
marlinspike 1.6 S

Its a Platinum and is a year old todate with 14,921 KM on the ODO.

DTE is showing 380 KM on a full tank with autocutoff. I used to top it up earlier and it used to be 430KM
Milage seems to be around 9.5 KM in the city (8 if its peak hour) and 14.5 on highway AC on 95% when I check it on a tank full to tank full measure a couple of times.

One question, how to see the outside temperature display. I have seen a mention of it in some place may be on a thread or the manual but couldn't figure it out.

Last edited by marlinspike : 10th December 2009 at 22:51. Reason: add milage details...
Old 10th December 2009, 23:59   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Can you please elaborate on the alloy wheels deal??
I getting the stock tyres on my zxi model replaced with Michelin 15'' Alloys. Each alloy is costing Rs.4500/- and they are paying around Rs.2900/- per stock tyre so i am paying balance of around Rs. 1600/- per tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Could you elaborate what side moldings you referring too? Is it 1.6S side skirts or you mean side strips?

If side strips then I think you going for non-chrome one. If am correct then I recommend you to go from chrome one for which you need to pay additional 2K but its worth as it adds shine to your car.

I meant side strips. Yes, i am going for the non-chrome ones because the chrome one is with silver strip which does not go well with the platinium exteriors. I asked dealer if their is an alternative which they have denied so settled with the normal body colored ones. I most certainly do agree the chrome ones looked awesome on white, not sure if that silver would go well with the platinium

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:43.
Old 11th December 2009, 00:41   #806
BHPian

Thanks to all you guys for the suggestions. I will need to talk to the sales exec at Bhavna again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
@nairrk,
this is so because as per the website: india.ford.com, this scheme on ZXI is ending on 13th december, but no reference of S, may be some marketing gimmick or confusion.
The sales guy said that the Ford Factory in Chennai will not be accepting new orders from 15th Dec 2009 till the end of the year. Wonder why?
Hence the 13th cut off..they will extend the discounts depending on the stock situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Guys, I have been reading about this free insurance offer from Ford all over..please note that at any point in time, there is only one discount offer going..so if it was free insurance in say Oct/Nov, now it is upto 35K-75K discount offer in Dec depending on the variant Z/SXi or S.

@Satya, pls double check the ex-showrom price..seems pretty high. Check my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1623250

My breakup here in Chennai for SXi is as follows (same applies for S also)
Ex Showroom: Before 4th Dec : 708000/- Post this 75K ad splashed all across by Ford, the ex-showroom is discounted by 35K, i.e, now it is 673000/-

Now add LifeTime Road Tax @8% on ex-Showroom in Chennai (53840/-) + 1500/- Road Safety Tax + Regn Charges of appx 6500/-(which is high) - the price comes to
673000+61790=734790/-. Add to this appx 17-20K Insurance if you take it on your own. This gives me a Chennai OTR of around 755K.

If you have a existing Ford vehicle and you are retaining the same, you can claim 3rd Year Extended Warranty Free as per loyalty bonus..if you are selling the same, you can claim 10K exchange bonus.

IMHO, regarding all this antirust/exterior coating/essential pack accessories like mat etc try not adding it at the time of booking and do it post delivery on your own outside.
The higher price in Mumbai is due to the Octroi that we pay here. There is a difference of around 40K between the Chennai ex-showroom and Mumbai ex-showroom for the 1.6S.
However, the Ford website shows the Ex-showroom as Rs. 740,342, whereas the dealer list shows Rs. 750,477! I will definitely check this variance with Bhavna Ford, as well as try to get the 35K discount on the Ex-showroom.
I will also check about getting the Insurance from outside, since the difference looks substantial. Maybe, I can get it done from my existing fellow handling the Palio Insurance. I am working for a corporate , but they are not on the Ford List, so I guess the corporate discount is ruled out.

Curse my luck...I am travelling for work for the next 2 days, and will be back in Mumbai only on 13th afternoon. Just hope I don't miss this chance.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:19   #807
Senior - BHPian

Is there a IMMOBILIZER feature in Fiesta SXI, i read it somewhere that it does have.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:58   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Is there a IMMOBILIZER feature in Fiesta SXI, i read it somewhere that it does have.
+
Engine immobiliser is there even in ZXi variant (I think all fieasta's have this immobiliser).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post

+
Please see below the body side mouldings with chrome line, got from ford accessories. It costs Rs.5000 including painting ( to make body colour):
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-alloys-014-small.jpg  

Old 11th December 2009, 10:06   #809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I getting the stock tyres on my zxi model replaced with Michelin 15'' Alloys. Each alloy is costing Rs.4500/- and they are paying around Rs.2900/- per stock tyre so i am paying balance of around Rs. 1600/- per tyre.
There are two things you need to replace here, 15" alloy wheels and 15" tires. So shouldn't it cost more? Am I missing something here?
Old 11th December 2009, 10:08   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
Thoroughly enjoyable thread.
I should be on the list already. Add
marlinspike 1.6 S

Its a Platinum and is a year old todate with 14,921 KM on the ODO.

DTE is showing 380 KM on a full tank with autocutoff. I used to top it up earlier and it used to be 430KM
Milage seems to be around 9.5 KM in the city (8 if its peak hour) and 14.5 on highway AC on 95% when I check it on a tank full to tank full measure a couple of times.

One question, how to see the outside temperature display. I have seen a mention of it in some place may be on a thread or the manual but couldn't figure it out.
+
Thanks,
will add your name also in the Fiesta Owner list.
AFIK, Fiesta do not have that feature i.e seeing outside temperature display.

Updated List (the list growing daily - year end purchase?)
+

Owner list:

66. Souravdebiswas--- 1.6--- S
67. marlinspake ------- 1.6--- S
68. Anuj G------------ 1.6--- S

Booked and waiting for delivery:

1-ruchirtnt -----1.6 ----SXi
2-rpmx1000 ----1.6-----ZXi
3-sanjayc ----- 1.6-----SXi
4-kiku007 ------1.6-----ZXi
5-rouheet------ 1.6-----ZXi

anyone else?

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks