Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 15:08   #781
BHPian

am on the owners list

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
updated List (will add to the main list once all below 5 booked members taken delivery of their car's):
+

Owner list:

= Anuj G -----1.6----- S

Booked and waiting for delivery:

1-ruchirtnt -----1.6 ----SXi
2-Souravdesbiswas ---- 1.6 --- S
3-rpmx1000 ----1.6----- ZXi
4-sanjayc ----- 1.6----- SXi
5-kiku007 ------1.6------ZXi

Ready to book:

1- rouheet

anyone else?
hey nairrk,

I would be on the owners list and not the other one.

I already own the fiesta 1.6S since September 2008.

Regards,

Sourav
Old 10th December 2009, 15:21   #782
Senior - BHPian

Updated List (will add to the main list once all below 4 members taken delivery of their car's):
+

Owner list:

= Souravdebiswas--- 1.6--- S
= Anuj G------------ 1.6--- S

Booked and waiting for delivery:

1-ruchirtnt -----1.6 ----SXi
2-rpmx1000 ----1.6----- ZXi
3-sanjayc ----- 1.6----- SXi
4-kiku007 ------1.6------ZXi

Ready to book:

1- rouheet

anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Guys, I have been reading about this free insurance offer from Ford all over..please note that at any point in time, there is only one discount offer going..so if it was free insurance in say Oct/Nov, now it is upto 35K-75K discount offer in Dec depending on the variant Z/SXi or S.

@Satya, pls double check the ex-showrom price..seems pretty high. Check my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1623250

My breakup here in Chennai for SXi is as follows (same applies for S also)
Ex Showroom: Before 4th Dec : 708000/- Post this 75K ad splashed all across by Ford, the ex-showroom is discounted by 35K, i.e, now it is 673000/-

Now add LifeTime Road Tax @8% on ex-Showroom in Chennai (53840/-) + 1500/- Road Safety Tax + Regn Charges of appx 6500/-(which is high) - the price comes to
673000+61790=734790/-. Add to this appx 17-20K Insurance if you take it on your own. This gives me a Chennai OTR of around 755K.

If you have a existing Ford vehicle and you are retaining the same, you can claim 3rd Year Extended Warranty Free as per loyalty bonus..if you are selling the same, you can claim 10K exchange bonus.

IMHO, regarding all this antirust/exterior coating/essential pack accessories like mat etc try not adding it at the time of booking and do it post delivery on your own outside.
+
Registration charges - One can do it, If willing to stand in the que for couple of hours and spare atleast half a day time. The saving will be atleast Rs.2/2500 (or you can engage an agent who will do it for fees of around RS. 2/300 however the dealer will charge too much for this job!)

@souravdebiswas

Thanks for your PM
just seen your thread/postings !

Very nice/detailed write up and beautiful photgraphs.

Those who still have second thought about buying fiesta, here is a fully
satisfied owner who has been driving his proud fiesta (S-Aquarius blue) since september 2008.

What other justification required?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:47.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:47   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
anyone else?
There is one more. DipantS- 1.6S
Old 10th December 2009, 15:48   #784
BHPian

Agree on the regn. However, let's also accept the fact that dealers are here to make some money. At least if it is done in some ethical / transparent way, I do not mind a couple of K's considering the total amount of the vehicle and if one can afford it.

What I would definitely mind is quoting insurance at 30K and then giving a discount of 10K as if they are doing a favor. This amount to insult of the customer sensibilities.

Suppose a guy is getting a monthly salary of 50K, his per day salary comes to appx 1700/- taking leave from one's work, add the fuel prices to/from RTO, god forbid if the car gets some scratches etc...well the trouble is not worth it.

When I asked the salesgirl for the regn breakup, it came to 5450/- which includes some 500/- for the number plates. For first time vehicle owners I think it is better to leave the regn done by the dealer instead of doing themselves...RTOs are notorius for taking you for a ride.

My 2 cents.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:50   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My breakup here in Chennai for SXi is as follows (same applies for S also)
Ex Showroom: Before 4th Dec : 708000/- Post this 75K ad splashed all across by Ford, the ex-showroom is discounted by 35K, i.e, now it is 673000/-
Could you please check that the 35k discount is on ex showroom or OTR, because as per the dealer in my area the discount is on OTR price
Old 10th December 2009, 15:51   #786
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

The exshowroom price quoted by Wasan Ford in my case of 1.6ZXi was abt 6.97 L. When I showed him the internet price for Thane and asked him to apply octroi acco (4.5%) the ex showroom cost came around 6.63L a savings of abt 34K. the reason given by Ford dealer was they had to take care of staff and showroom costs. Similarly for the registration the cost given by Wasan was 56K whereas actual cost was around 49.5K which I finally got when I poked him abt the same a lot. The same again applies to Insurance. Wasan quote: 26K, I got it on my own for 18.5K. I forced Wasan to waive off the depot charges of 2K and also took the 3rd and 4th Year EW with Road side assistance in place of Corporate discount of 10K.
You need to refer to the Ford website for the latest prices. Also take some paisn to visit the Municipal Corp to know about the Octroi (if applicable) and the RTO for reg charges, You can greatly benefit from it.
Afterall its your hard earned money. Why give it to someone for free?
Old 10th December 2009, 15:57   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There is one more. DipantS- 1.6S
+

Dipant S - name already there. (owner no.65)

Will bring it in the full list soon.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:06   #788
BHPian

@ruchirnt,

Discount as below is on ex-showroom in Chennai -both at MPL/Chennai Ford.

Exi - 28K
Zxi - 60K
S/Sxi - 35K

All for 1.6 Petrol. Please note that the diff off 28/60/35K is in comparion to pre/post 4th Dec ex-showroom.

The way Ford is claiming max 75K offer for Zxi is 60K guaranteed min discount + add 10K for exhange bonus + 5K 3rd yr EW as loyalty bonus
Old 10th December 2009, 16:20   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
god forbid if the car gets some scratches etc...well the trouble is not worth it.
The car goes to the RTO in either case. It can get scratched any time during it's journey from the yard to the showroom to the RTO to the service center (for fitting accessories, coating etc). They had put a tiny scratch on my car door during one of these journeys. But they were honest enough to admit it and fix it like new.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:24   #790
Senior - BHPian

there are 5 of my friends and family members who are purchasing the car in this month:
Uncle going for city, one friend going for wagon R, one friend going for Estillo, one friend going for Dzire, one senior going for Wagon R and me going for fiesta
Old 10th December 2009, 16:35   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
there are 5 of my friends and family members who are purchasing the car in this month:
Uncle going for city, one friend going for wagon R, one friend going for Estillo, one friend going for Dzire, one senior going for Wagon R and me going for fiesta
+
So more and more car's on the road !
How it will be, if all should have been FIESTA's
asking too much !
Old 10th December 2009, 16:41   #792
BHPian

Quote:
The car goes to the RTO in either case. It can get scratched any time during it's journey from the yard to the showroom to the RTO to the service center (for fitting accessories, coating etc). They had put a tiny scratch on my car door during one of these journeys. But they were honest enough to admit it and fix it like new.
Agreed...but if it is the dealer, at least they will try to remove it or do something about it free of cost

Though I am not sure, it is a ploy or not for charging extra, but do these dealers really take the vehicle to the RTO or there is an arrangement wherein the RTO inspector will visit these showrooms and do the job onspot. Begining this month I happened to visit the adambakkam RTO and was there from 9am-2pm - did not see a single new vehicle.

I mean appx 500-600 vehicles are regd everyday it seem in Chennai (now with the offers it must be touching 1000)...the salesgirl at CF claimed that the vehicle will be taken to RTO at around 12 and will be back by 2pm. In 2 hrs. I smell a scam there!!

@Ruchir, ask your uncle to settle for a Fiesta and subsidize rest 4 with the City-Fiesta difference...all 5 then can feast on a Fiesta each. In return your HUF can get a minority stake in Ford India;-}

@Nair, has the BHP Fiesta team scored a century! Only slog overs - last 4 days - are remaining now!

I am afraid Ford will screw up the delivery schedule with such numbers being booked!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:45. Reason: Please read the note in your post very carefully, thanks
Old 10th December 2009, 16:53   #793
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is indeed too much, TWO PEOPLE NEVER THINK ALIKE,
otherwise there would be only Fiat Padmini and Ambassador in India.

My uncle booked a City today and taking the delivery as well, kind of a confused as city is also a beautiful piece but not a VFM ( thats what i thought while booking the Fiesta)
Old 10th December 2009, 17:45   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did get the pillows though. They are kept in the rear parcel shelf and they look cool!
It looks cool as a show piece, hope you dont get a temptation to use it while driving !

Quote:
For first time vehicle owners I think it is better to leave the regn done by the dealer instead of doing themselves...RTOs are notorius for taking you for a ride.
Very true, so dont take up the head ache of registering yourself unless you know someone in the RTA office who can help you out in saving that million dollar cost !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
there are 5 of my friends and family members who are purchasing the car in this month: Uncle going for city, one friend going for wagon R, one friend going for Estillo, one friend going for Dzire, one senior going for Wagon R and me going for fiesta
If you were in Bangalore, I would have suggested pooling money and going for an Innova or some other 8 seater vehicle than competitively crowding the roads !

Quote:
+
So more and more car's on the road !
Nairji, I hope they will reconsider the Innova or the Tavera or even a Winger Tata Motors International :: Products :: SCV :: ACE
All the best !!
Old 10th December 2009, 17:59   #795
BHPian

OT, Anyone heard about Huper Optik window tints? How good is it..seems to be some new nano technology which is better than v-cool metallic stuff...I was qouted a price of 13K for Fiesta 1.6 Sxi - all windows (side+rear+front windshield) from Chennai Ford while doing accessory shopping. They showed me their GM's Endeavour car which apparently was using the same..looked cool.
(Huperoptik Main Page)

Posted in the Sun Film thread but seems not many are visting..no reply yet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks