Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 13:41   #631
Senior - BHPian

ruchirtnt, please tell your dealer to shut up. He seems intent on only clearing his stock and does not seem to care enough about what you actually want. Typical dealer attitude. Can't blame them as well. You first decide which variant makes sense to you and then stick to that. Don't let the dealer talk influence you.

I would suggest you take the 50K corp discount and get the SXi. You get a fully loaded car and you don't have to waste your time putting in accessories later. I have always found that cars that have been touched by the dealer to fit accessories start rattling and squeaking after a while because their re-fit is never as good as the factory fit.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:49   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Ford is spoiling us with choices

Wait for the 2-3 days man. Stocks won't clear that soon.

Can you pls elaborate on the corporate discount of 50K? Whom do you work for?
I am working for TATAS, and currently they are offering 50k on all fiesta models, but there is a discount of 75k on ZXI for all indiviuals.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:53   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I am working for TATAS, and currently they are offering 50k on all fiesta models, but there is a discount of 75k on ZXI for all indiviuals.
+
These offers/calculation may change next week (closer to the month end). May be we can anticipate better offers on all models
Old 4th December 2009, 14:45   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
These offers/calculation may change next week (closer to the month end). May be we can anticipate better offers on all models
This is subject to model availability, as the dealer is saying that we are checking with the ford whether they can procure a white sxi petrol or not.

what say fiestians, if i am getting a discount of around 75k should i go for ZXI, the only difference being Airbags and chrome grills, rest all can be done outside
so is it worth? as i think airbags are an essential part in a sedan.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 21:00.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:27   #635
Senior - BHPian

If airbags are part of priority to you, why hesitate ? Close your eyes and book the SXI. If the stock SXI accessories are to your liking, there is no second thought required in this decision. Make sure you see the SXI and ZXI in flesh and understand the differences, not just comparing it on paper or a forum. End of the day, its the owner satisfaction that matters most !

Last edited by shajufx : 4th December 2009 at 15:29.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:33   #636
BHPian

Quote:
what say fiestians, if i am getting a discount of around 75k should i go for ZXI, the only difference being Airbags and chrome grills, rest all can be done outside
I think you should stick to SXi. Air bags is the only major component that you need to think about. And, do you actually want to skimp on a safety feature for around 25k? Sorry, if it came of as a speech of sorts, but safety is paramount.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:34   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Only Airbags you cannot get it done outside.

(Chrome grills also can be fitted outside)?

However take a decision as per your taste and preference
Old 4th December 2009, 15:37   #638
BHPian

Quote:
the dealer is offering me to switch for ZXI instead of SXI,
I will save around 75K if i go for ZXI
SXI - Do they have SXI's still being sold? I thought SXI has become SXI premium.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:09   #639
BHPian

fiesta 1.6S mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABZ View Post
I'm getting 9 kmpl while driving in the city and around 12 kmpl on the highway. This is with 100% AC and most of the time she hovers between 2200-3000rpm
Same here guys.

I get about 9 kmpl within the city in my fiesta 1.6S which has clocked about 14000km on the odo. Thats probably because I drive with AC on always and the distance of 10 kms from home to office and back is mostly driven on 1st and 2nd gears (for about 7kms).

I have also tried using in other parts of the city with less congestion and I have clocked about 11kmpl. So its all about driving style and traffic situation.

But highway driving has given the best mileage. I have got 15kmpl definetely everytime I have travelled on the highways. Even last weekend I drove on NH2 till agra and back with average speed of about 100kmph and got a mileage of just above 15kmpl.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:54   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Spoke to a Ford Sales person. He asked for an hours time to get back on the detailed split up of the 75K discount flashed in today's papers!
Split up provided here,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post1616432 (2009 Year End Discounts on Cars)

Last edited by kiku007 : 4th December 2009 at 17:58.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:57   #641
BHPian

i know we have a totally dedicated audio thread but just wanted to get some general info..does anyone know about boston speakers??how are they!!
Old 4th December 2009, 18:02   #642
Senior - BHPian

Boston is supposed to be one of the best. Its not easy to find as other brands though. It was one of the brands I considered, but getting the brand itself was an issue unless directly ordered through sites like crutchfield.
Old 4th December 2009, 18:10   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Boston is supposed to be one of the best. Its not easy to find as other brands though. It was one of the brands I considered, but getting the brand itself was an issue unless directly ordered through sites like crutchfield.
my local car accessory dealer got a shipment of boston Si 503, its 5.25 inch speakers and output of 280W..what say guys!!
Old 4th December 2009, 18:21   #644
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I need help in upgrading the headlamp bulbs in my car.

My initial efforts were turned down by most of the accessory shop dealers who said there is lot of wires that need to be cut to power the bulbs in the Fiesta!

The current setup is good but it loses out big time on the unmarked highway roads.

Please help!
Old 4th December 2009, 18:35   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
my local car accessory dealer got a shipment of boston Si 503, its 5.25 inch speakers and output of 280W..what say guys!!
Do you really want 5.25 inch ? Are you taking it for the front doors ? You will get 5X7 from Hertz and few other brands which is a perfect fit on the doors and rear. Even a 6.5 inch can easily go on our fiesta with a spacer, expect lower quality output as you go down the inches regardless of the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I need help in upgrading the headlamp bulbs in my car.
Check my garage for details on what I have done. You should be fine with that. Get a reliable electrician who has done bulb upgrades on different sedans. Fiesta front bumper needs to be removed for a neat job, which an electrician can not do, but an experienced tinker can do. I did the same, now I am happy. 100/80 is not bad !!

Last edited by shajufx : 4th December 2009 at 18:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks