Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:47   #601
BHPian

Some people suggest not to drive the car with windows down as dust might settle in the AC ducts and this might cause some health issues later on. I down the windows only when I drive the car in less congested/polluted areas, any idea on this?
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:54   #602
Senior - BHPian

ABS - someone's doubt has now resulted in a lengthy discussion and many comments
and clarifications from member fiastans giving a better knowledge. This is why the forum is here, and how quickly getting informations from fellow members. I doubt if anybody can get similar explanations from any book?.
Thanks to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Some people suggest not to drive the car with windows down as dust might settle in the AC ducts and this might cause some health issues later on. I down the windows only when I drive the car in less congested/polluted areas, any idea on this?
+
Not only in the A/C ducts, but all over the place -the dust particle will settle and sometime difficult to clean it out

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 21:01.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:24   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I have my first complaint which is the vibration of the driver side window glass.
Do you have the habit of lowering the window glass every now and then ? And most importantly do you open and close the doors with the glass down ? If YES, that explains the issue. I read somewhere in the manual not to open and close the doors with glass down as it can misalign the glass which eventually will cause rattles, vibrations etc. I always make sure the glass is fully closed before even the engine is off after a drive, because I know my 3.5 yr old boy (even wifee) will bang the door so hard, even the glass could slip to the floor through the door bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
Can anyone please tell me how do I go about getting this retouched. Can the Service center do it?.
I am not sure of Lathangi, but Metro has a well-equiped body shop at Hasseraghatta road. Check with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
AC ducts would be the last place for dust to settle in. What about the seats, huge plastic areas, rear speaker platform and even the interior roof ? All these areas are highly prone to dust collection as the material used act like absorbing agents. Its no exception to Fiesta, majority of cars have the same materials used. But a scheduled professional cleaning can clear off every dust and dirt collected through exposure. What about the humans exposed inside ? You spent over 7 laks and happy with a ride thats equal to a bike (exposed to dust, smoke, chemicals etc.) ?
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:05   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I have made up my mind to go for a White SXi, there is one doubt i my mind, and that is regarding doing the booking in dec or to go for a new year model,
As i am getting the news there is a definite rise in price in Jan 2010, so is it any better for me to go for a New year model?
dealer also told me that even if you book a car in Jan 2010 you will still end up having a 2009 model and if you specifically want a 2010 VIN number then you have to wait till Feb 2010
and is there any benefit to go for 2010 model even if i have to keep a vehicle for 5 -6 years?
1. The current version of Fiesta for sale in India has an engine which is BS III emission standards complaint. Starting April, 2010, RTA's in ten cities in India[National Capital Region (Delhi), Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Kanpur and Agra] are going to register only BS IV complaint engines. So, what that means is that there is going to be a new Fiesta release with a modified or a different engine to pass that certification. There are two possibilities:
a. The overall design of the car may be retained with the change in the engine only.
b. They may introduce the newly designed Fiesta(see point 2 below for more info on that).

2. Ford released a new design of Fiesta in China this March, try searching for 'Ford fiesta 2010' and you will see images of the new Ford Fiesta. The dealers are not sharing much information about whether this model will ever come to India. At present, Ford India is busy with Figo(a hatchback) they are planning to bring-in by Feb, 2010.

3. IMHO, the change in the current version of Fiesta is not going to happen anytime before mid of February, 2010. So, even in Jan, you will still end-up getting the same vehicle, just as your dealer said, perhaps with a prise-rise. If you are planning to wait, kindly wait until mid of March, 2010 to get a definitive idea on Ford's plans.

4. Here is my take on what might happen and how it may/ may not benefit one if one waits for the new Fiesta:
a. If one chooses to buy now, they get a proven vehicle in Indian conditions, the pricing offered for Fiesta is at its best in the current season(there are discounts and benefits of upto Rs 55,000.00 as discussed by you earlier). Infact, as I type this, I received an SMS from my dealer that there is a heavy discount and they are offering upto Rs 75,000.00 discount until Dec 15th starting today.
b. If one waits, and if Ford introduces the new Ford Fiesta 2010 in India, one would get an uber cool car with all modern features, perhaps something missing in the existing models like Auto Climatizer AC, etc. The re-sale value of the existing models will depreciate further if this happens. IMHO, the pricing of the new model will definitely be about 1 lac more than the current models, so what one saves now is what one will lose later. On the other hand, the engine in the new models may/ may not offer as much as the current ones do. [Remember, the day's when Yamaha 2 stroke's were taken off-road and we got all those 4-stroke motorbikes with less power and poise]

All in all, there are pro's and con's either way. And as @nair sir said, do stay away from the dealer for a while as you plan your purchase.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:33   #605
Senior - BHPian

imo, 2010 model will not be introduced in Indian market straight away.
It will take some time and that too after some modification keeping in mind of the indian conditions and peoples taste ?
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:50   #606
Senior - BHPian

The '2010' Fiesta will launch in India in late 2011 or early 2012. When it does launch, it wil probably be in the 10-12 lac range. It's bigger, more luxurious and more powerful than our current Fiesta. Might be a good upgrade for current Fiesta owners. Take a look at this link. We'll get the sedan version. I have seen pics of the Sedan somewhere else on Team BHP. Review: 2010 Ford Fiesta Euro-Spec almost ready for U.S. arrival — Autoblog

The current Fiesta's engines will the tweaked to comply with BS4. And there is a good chance that the BS4 Fiesta will be less powerful and therefore a bit less fun to drive.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd December 2009 at 14:54.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:54   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
RTA's in ten cities in India are going to register only BS IV complaint engines.
That applies only to the new buyers. We still have 20 years old M800s and Fiats on our roads. Not forgetting the 50 yrs or more older Jeeps and antique pieces seen on our roads, still getting resold to the 5th or 10th owners without issues ! Depreciation of a car is applicable even on the second day of buying one. People who are already driving their Fiestas and happy with the engine power, driving comfort and other related things will not sell it unless 1)totally broke for money, 2)upgrading to a luxury segment, 3)moving overseas, 4)looking for a brand/segment change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
imo, 2010 model will not be introduced in Indian market straight away. It will take some time and that too after some modification keeping in mind of the indian conditions and peoples taste ?
The chinese so-called 2010 fiesta will adapt easily to the indian conditions and taste, because geographically we dont have anything more than that terrain. We already have different Fiesta engine types (diesel and petrol with different power ) and different suspension types (S and Others) on Indian roads. So adaptation is not a thing to worry even if they are sold here without alterations.

Other brands like Toyota, Skoda, Nissan, Mitsubishi etc have their variants on Indian roads with no major alterations from its overseas products (not considering the drive side difference).

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd December 2009 at 14:59.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:30   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Do you have the habit of lowering the window glass every now and then ? And most importantly do you open and close the doors with the glass down ? If YES, that explains the issue. I read somewhere in the manual not to open and close the doors with glass down as it can misalign the glass which eventually will cause rattles, vibrations etc. I always make sure the glass is fully closed before even the engine is off after a drive, because I know my 3.5 yr old boy (even wifee) will bang the door so hard, even the glass could slip to the floor through the door bottom.
Shaju this happens with me too. People are either too catious that they close the door too slowly that it does not close or the BANG it like the old premier padmini

One important update All.

I had persistent cough due to the Fiesta AC and I could feel the irritation which triggered this cough every time I jumped in the car. Nobody else might have felt the irritation as noone else was alergic to whatever was coming out of those AC vents.

Recently I did the 1st servvicing of the car and specified this problem and the service center people said they will clean the AC vents and filters.
Good news - Immidiately after the servicing I could feel take a deep breathe without getting the irritation kicking off my cough.
Its been 10 days and the dry cough has gone 98 %. (I think the remainig 2 % is due to the winters)

I am really happy as I was worried how can I live with the fiesta without using the AC.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:40   #609
Senior - BHPian

@rastapopoulos

Good that your cough has gone, otherwise you will be suffering whenever you sit in /drive your fiesta with A/C on.

Door closing-BANG : many are still on those Ambassodor or fiat days where one has to bang the door. What can be done -Childrens enjoy the bang sound but they dont realize that the sound knocks on our heart!
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:43   #610
BHPian

Quote:
@rastapopoulos

Good that your cough has gone, otherwise you will be suffering whenever you sit in /drive your fiesta with A/C on.

Door closing-BANG : many are still on those Ambassodor or fiat days where one has to bang the door. What can be done -Childrens enjoy the bang sound but they dont realize that the sound knocks on our heart!
Yeah the bang knocks the heart :-)
When the door is closed with the correct motion it really gives a wonderful thump sound. showing that everything was perfect.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:44   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

December offers for Ford have come in!

Fiesta Petrol & Diesel - Discounts for ZXi and SXi --> 35,000 & 45,000 respectively. Insurance not offered as free.

I don't know what exactly is the difference wrt erstwhile offers.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:50   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the sound knocks on our heart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Yeah the bang knocks the heart
Couldnt agree more, but that knocking happens everytime I take my Fiesta out with the family. Either the co-passengers close the door too light (it doesnt lock) or bang it like a sixer.

Another knocking on the heart is when I pass uneven speed breakers. I had few instances the underbody was scraped with 3 people inside at different places in the city. Whenever I pass those speed breakers again, there is a scraping effect in the stomach and heart even if car passes without touching this time. Should I meet my service technician or a psychologist ?
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:02   #613
Senior - BHPian

@shaju

Psychologist first, as your car only get scratch underbody sometime wheras your heart and stomach both getting scratches in advance (in anticipation whenever you see a speed breaker ?)
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:02   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I am really happy as I was worried how can I live with the fiesta without using the AC.
I think the pollen filter must have been replaced as well.

Quote:
Another knocking on the heart is when I pass uneven speed breakers.
I have not had a scrape till now thankfully. The stiffer suspension does not bottom out that easily.

Quote:
there is a scraping effect in the stomach and heart even if car passes without touching this time. Should I meet my service technician or a psychologist ?
I had feelings like these every time a bike or an auto came close to my car during the first couple of days. Some Eno might help? lol

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd December 2009 at 16:08.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:40   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I think the pollen filter must have been replaced as well.
Is the pollen filter still there? I was given to understand that it has been removed and they are not replacing it. Need to check about this in my next service.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks