Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 12:24   #451
BHPian

I get FE of 12 and I am running it at various speeds but restraining myself not to go beyond 2000 rpm
Old 25th November 2009, 14:16   #452
BHPian

I get a FE of 9-10 If I tankup at Shell and 10-10.5 If I tank up in IOC or Speed.
Not sure whats the difference. I always thought Shell was vending unadulterated fuel but now have second thoughts?

Is the rear spoiler of Fiesta-S available as a accessory? I have a ZXI and want to add a S spoiler for my rear. I find the S spoiler more sporty than the normal rear spoiler.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:35   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
Is the rear spoiler of Fiesta-S available as a accessory? I have a ZXI and want to add a S spoiler for my rear. I find the S spoiler more sporty than the normal rear spoiler.
Yes, it's available as an accessory. It costs 12K. 4.5K more than the regular one.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:05   #454
Senior - BHPian

S -original ford spoiler
When I checked with my dealer (one month back), he was quoting a rate of Rs.8500/- . I did not follow up further hence no update on this, but this can be checked with all dealers to see the price variation.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:11   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
S -original ford spoiler
When I checked with my dealer (one month back), he was quoting a rate of Rs.8500/- . I did not follow up further hence no update on this, but this can be checked with all dealers to see the price variation.
He might have given you the one with LED lights for 8.5K. I have posted the accessory price list in one of the earlier pages of this thread. I don't believe there can be too much of a variation in prices across cities.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:20   #456
Senior - BHPian

IMO, I got the rate for original spoiler without LED (this dealer do not keep all these things in his store except emergeny spare parts. If we order any such items, he will then get it from Ford Chennai and give a official reciept for every purchase).

Anyway Bangalore do have more than one Ford dealer and @speedkrish can check with them all??
Old 25th November 2009, 16:58   #457
Senior - BHPian

My first ticket for overspeeding !

My Fiesta got its first official over-speeding ticket 2 hours back ! Oh man, when did they start hiding on the outer ring road between 1 signal to another (hardly 2 kms between BigBazar Hebbal and BEL Circle) ? I have been moving around this area since 4 years almost every alternate days. Never ever seen an interceptor hiding here, except on International Airport road. What more to say ? My wallet said good bye to 3 hundreds.

I could not feel happy even after seeing 2 Innovas, 1 Santro and a Sumo flagged down behind me. Oh you have to see that grin on the cops, though money doesnt go to their pockets ! I think they do that between lunch time to 4pm in this stretch, because thats the only time you can see this stretch empty. I returned after 2 hours and cops were gone, may be they moved to a better place this time.

Btw, speed limit here is just 60 kmph (I never knew !!) and I was doing 85 according to their photo record !! Anyway that doesnt matter because any speed between 61 kmph to 240 kmph you pay the same penalty !

Last edited by shajufx : 25th November 2009 at 16:59.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:27   #458
Senior - BHPian

@shaju
you paid the penalty - bad, you cut down your expenses for next one week atleast-LOL
Hope other bangaloreans are listening - Unni , you there ? keep some money in the wallet?
Old 25th November 2009, 17:40   #459
Senior - BHPian

shaju, get the photo record and post it here.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:49   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post

im in the same situation and was looking for the S type spoiler.
12k did seem a little too steep and was also on look out for customised spoilers!!
btw,wanted to know how a rear lip would look on the fiesta?any pics or links would be welcome too!
Old 25th November 2009, 18:22   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you cut down your expenses for next one week atleast-LOL
Agreed, but such things happen only when we are actually pressed for money. May be I should avoid 'Dal' for a month as a compensation !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
shaju, get the photo record and post it here.
Do they really give the printout ? I got only a mini-printer generated receipt (details typed on their blackberry and printed via bluetooth). Man these guys have all the advanced gadgets !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
wanted to know how a rear lip would look on the fiesta?any pics or links would be welcome too!
Arien, now what is this rear lip ? I am curious !! Yes Yes, I got it, I think I have seen them on SX4 or some similar cars. Its like a bulged out spoiler without the gap right ? Do we get the same for Fiesta ?
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 25th November 2009 at 18:34.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:39   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Its like a bulged out spoiler without the gap right ? Do we get the same for Fiesta ?
Attachment 234262
yup that's more like it but i was looking for something little more integrated into the boot like that of the sx4 and should look like a part of it!

Last edited by ariendj : 25th November 2009 at 18:47.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:10   #463
Senior - BHPian

I think this is the kind of lip spoiler he is talking about. Not the big black one, but the orange one integrated with the boot.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...3-gts-csl.html

I think one for the Fiesta will have to be fabricated if you really want one. Get in touch with Autopsyche if you are interested.

Last edited by Gilead : 25th November 2009 at 19:17.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:37   #464
BHPian

Thanks for the Information Shaju and Moonraker. I am also suspecting wheel balancing issues. Will get it done shortly.
Old 25th November 2009, 21:05   #465
BHPian

Quote:
@shaju
you paid the penalty - bad, you cut down your expenses for next one week atleast-LOL
Hope other bangaloreans are listening - Unni , you there ? keep some money in the wallet?
Shaju. Bad luck.

I try my best not to take car out for runs in the city. All that will change shortly though. Have a bike which I use mostly. But a 60kmph speed limit, weird.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed