Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 14:13   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Well i want to test this, but i also want to know the undo function, just in case i need it
+
IMO,Deactivation of this function, probably, may be repeat of what steps used to activate the function. I checked with my dealer about this but he has no idea.
Old 21st November 2009, 15:07   #377
oss
BHPian

I will anyway try this today. I liked this feature in the Autocop i had fitted in my Swift earlier. It locks as soon as the ignition key is turned on (even before the engine is cranked). However if you open it after the activation of autolock it stays that way, so no worry of getting locked outside the car.

Hope it works the same way in the Fiesta too - fingers crossed
Old 21st November 2009, 18:06   #378
BHPian

Guys,

When you mean unlock in step 2 , is it unlock using the lever or using the remote. I love this function and find it useful when you have kids.

[quote=nairrk;1592207]+
Old 21st November 2009, 18:33   #379
BHPian

@OSS: Best of luck for taking the dive to test this feature. After some googling and binging the undo function seems to be same procedure.

Please update us with the results.
Old 21st November 2009, 21:12   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
@OSS: Best of luck for taking the dive to test this feature. After some googling and binging the undo function seems to be same procedure.

Please update us with the results.
Moonraker, as this function is active in my Santro, today morning I was tempted to try it in Fiesta, as you mentioned I followed all the steps but no beep, no autolocking at 5 kmph, contrary while trying to activate autolocking function, manual locking stopped functioning, I got frustrated and locked the car with remote key and again manual locking unlocking was in right place.

@ Oss, IMO it won't work in Indian Fiesta, but do give try and if you get better result please let us know.
Old 21st November 2009, 21:20   #381
BHPian

hmm... So second secret also failed. Lets wait for results from OSS before we scrap this as useless tip.
1. One touch window down - Scrapped for indian fiesta
Old 21st November 2009, 21:35   #382
BHPian

Quote:
hmm... So second secret also failed. Lets wait for results from OSS before we scrap this as useless tip.
1. One touch window down - Scrapped for indian fiesta
Moonraker, my humble query, as you are in better position, why don't you try yourself to check function and let us know if any better result can be achieved.

Last edited by rajeshvin : 21st November 2009 at 21:40.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:18   #383
BHPian

Well the auto relock didn't work for me! any body succeeded yet?
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:13   #384
Senior - BHPian

Autorelock- imo, it may not be there otherwise the service guys should have been aware of this (they get special training whenever new model cars introduced by the company) - Anyway we have more than 62 fiesta owner members here and lets see if any one find a way on this?
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:17   #385
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Chillout;1594330]Guys,

When you mean unlock in step 2 , is it unlock using the lever or using the remote. I love this function and find it useful when you have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
+
Your question is not quite clear - Are you talking about remote locking/ unlocking for only drive side door as well as all doors?
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:19   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I will anyway try this today. I liked this feature in the Autocop i had fitted in my Swift earlier. It locks as soon as the ignition key is turned on (even before the engine is cranked). However if you open it after the activation of autolock it stays that way, so no worry of getting locked outside the car.

Hope it works the same way in the Fiesta too - fingers crossed
+
Couple of members have already tried and failed.
Now, it is your turn - all the best
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:24   #387
BHPian

2. Autolock - Tried & Failed - No beep whatsoever. :( - Scrapping it.

But i had spent my day purchasing the seat covers and its installed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1594374
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:44   #388
Senior - BHPian

Beep is not possible because you need a separate device (siren) like in the after market security systems which can make a loud enough beep. I am sure an enterprising DIY guy can hook up the horn to the Fiesta's security system so that it honks once when unlocked and honks twice when locked. The blinkers already do this and it may be possible to hook up the horn as well. Any volunteers?
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:11   #389
BHPian

Upadate of my delivery

Hi Friends,
Sorry for belated response, finally I was able to take delivery of my blue oval last week. It was pouring in chennai as gilead told earlier was also busy with official work so wanted to share this pic taken on the rainy day at the garage (wet looks). I do 50kms a day and its a breeze it just flies at 100kph in OMR terrific road sense no words to feel the joy of handling this machine.

Congrats Gilead! and thanks for guiding me through the delivery, the number plate issue was not resolved i went myself fixed and came, next day a guy from the dealership called me up and sorry sir it was raining
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-033.jpg  

Last edited by TheHummerGuy : 22nd November 2009 at 17:28. Reason: to add picture
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:06   #390
oss
BHPian

Quote:
2. Autolock - Tried & Failed - No beep whatsoever. :( - Scrapping it.
I too tried it, and ended up getting a weird look from wife & son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Beep is not possible because you need a separate device (siren) like in the after market security systems which can make a loud enough beep. I am sure an enterprising DIY guy can hook up the horn to the Fiesta's security system so that it honks once when unlocked and honks twice when locked. The blinkers already do this and it may be possible to hook up the horn as well. Any volunteers?
Since it already beeps when you leave the headlights on while getting out of the car, i think the same can be used to lock/unlock audible indication as well. Just don't know how to link it up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks