Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 20:20   #301
BHPian

I bought a Myshaldan lime this Saturday and have kept the can in the cup holder near the handbrake like shaju, but there is a warning label in the can stating "Do not Eat" i was wondering how someone would eat the gel. Maybe it was meant for the kids. But the smell was so tempting that for once it looked like a lemon jelly which can be eaten.

I dont think we have an option to check the outside temperature in fiesta.
Old 17th November 2009, 20:57   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Is it possible to see the outside air temp somewhere in the display?
If you are ready to spend some bucks, here are few links:
Auto Outside Temperature Sensor Gauge Auto Outside Air Temperature Gauge [101] - $86.00 :

Also check cyberdynegauges.net and temperature guage products

Try some DIY project on this and save the cost, you can easily get digital temperature sensors (I think bosch should have it) which can be either fixed near the air-intake area or beside the front tires and the digital display fixed on the unused dash board area inside. Another option is removing the whole thing from a damaged/totalled car (you need to visit the junkyard or tinkering people for guidance).

Comeon Gilead, take up some initiative, lets all feel proud of you !!

Last edited by shajufx : 17th November 2009 at 21:00.
Old 17th November 2009, 21:10   #303
BHPian

Looks like we have quite a few Team Bhpians using Myshaldan. I also use, them but find them a little bit strong. Hence I only make a small opening in the Aluminium foil. This way, the smell is also mild and lasts longer. A can normally lasts anywhere between 60 to 80 days. BTW it has a Made in Japan tag( I hope its not one of those fake Made in Chin Chin stuff) Looks like we also get some Organic stuff and they seem to be cheaper as well.

My Shaldan Organic :: My Shaldan Air Fresheners | Higante Works, Ltd. Co.

Last edited by Chillout : 17th November 2009 at 21:15.
Old 17th November 2009, 22:30   #304
oss
BHPian

Does this My Shalden (or should i say Your Shalden) last its usual lifetime when the car is parked in the sun? I have been using the ambipur and stuffs but they hardly last for a week as the car is parked in the open during the days. In the Chennai sun it doesn't stand a chance.

I started using the room freshner which is spray at night so that the car smells nice when i get-in in the morning.

If this Shalden gel stuff is one of those tough guys who can put up a fight with the Chennai heat, i can give it a try.

BTW, is this available in all supermarts or do i have to car accessory shop?
Old 17th November 2009, 22:37   #305
BHPian

I got it from Haute Carzone - OMR road and since its in gel form it should last long than the ampipur. But even i am waiting to test its lasting part, so cant comment on that.
Old 17th November 2009, 23:46   #306
BHPian

OSS, I have been using these for the past 6 months and I am on to my third can now. As I mentioned if you make a small opening they would last for a minimum of 5 to 6 weeks. I park my car in Tidel Park and its under the sun for over 7 hrs. As Shaju mentioned I also place it in one of the cup holders. Try one and see how it works out for you
Old 17th November 2009, 23:55   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I dont think we have an option to check the outside temperature in fiesta.
Well the 2006 1.6sxi models do have this option in the car clock.
Old 18th November 2009, 01:01   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If I say I dont like the 2010 Fiesta, it will be a pure lie. I love everything about the new design. According to me the new design is better than what you find on Civics or Accords, defenitely feels few segments higher. By the way, doing TD on the SX4, did you feel more manly ? Its supposed to be owned by more 'manly' people ! (Men are back !!)
IMO current Fiesta barrel headlamps are amazing & when it stand next to any sedan it wins admiration

No doubt that 2010 will be having tons of new features & we can't compare it with current version except the headlamps. I think the current headlamp design is more appealing than the new (sorry I can't restrict myself without admiring its front look)

SX4 TD was a good experience as the Maruti sales chap allowed me to drive it for an hour & was supporting to go further however my Ford dealer usually gives 5mins drive & that too in congested city drive. There is another Ford dealer in Pune who offers bit long TD (15 - 20 mins) , so I always preferred this dealer for TD.

After driving Fiesta for 1.5months now I can compare SX4 in better way.
  • SX4 is known for ground clearance so full marks.
  • Immediate overtaking & taking quick turn/cornering - IMO Fiesta scores here may be its having better ABS (I am comparing in layman term so please do not consider it in terms of technical jargon).
  • I felt SX4 is bit heavy on steering & you need to push hard to overtake.
  • In SX4 you get a feel like you sitting in Volvo & with this you can visualize front and rear view.
  • Front console is better in SX4 and I think it has climate control so no need to turn off the AC.
  • While leaving the Maruti showroom there was no second thought to rethink on Fiesta deal.
  • Overall SX4 TD was one hour enjoyment & the next family (maybe genuine SX4 buyer) was badly waiting in showroom for its TD.

Last edited by kumar7 : 18th November 2009 at 01:04.
Old 18th November 2009, 09:55   #309
Senior - BHPian

Perfume - Ambipur (aqua) seems pleasant fragrance (after all it is a Godrej group product?), but the bottle seems very small (net content only 9.6ml as written there) and costs Rs.168/-.
The company ad says that this small bottle lasts for upto 60 days?

The Store, where I bought this pocket do not have the refil pack -in that case this is going to be more expensive.
Also they claim that by adjusting the knob (air vent) you get light to rich fragrance?
For me it looks okay as no need to fix the bottle anywhere with a sticker
Old 18th November 2009, 10:07   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are ready to spend some bucks, here are few links:
Auto Outside Temperature Sensor Gauge Auto Outside Air Temperature Gauge [101] - $86.00 :

Also check cyberdynegauges.net and temperature guage products

Try some DIY project on this and save the cost, you can easily get digital temperature sensors (I think bosch should have it) which can be either fixed near the air-intake area or beside the front tires and the digital display fixed on the unused dash board area inside. Another option is removing the whole thing from a damaged/totalled car (you need to visit the junkyard or tinkering people for guidance).

Comeon Gilead, take up some initiative, lets all feel proud of you !!
+
Yes, Let Gilead take up some initiative and found something useful for others too. However, I dont think this is of much importance to have extra gauge to see the outside temp.?
Old 18th November 2009, 12:26   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I dont think this is of much importance to have extra gauge to see the outside temp.?
If you want to get the outside temp in the present fiesta, you have to buy that extra temperature sensor and fix it outside the car as recommended by the product catalogue and to display it inside, you should also buy the gauge that would go on the dashboard. I dont think there is any other short cuts.

Now about the importance, personally I dont care about the temperature inside or outside as long as I feel comfortable enough driving without sweat. But its of high importance for anyone who is into atmospheric analysis (like weather man, research fellows, scientists etc). I think Gilead is planning for a space trip in 2010, so he has to study and analyse the momentary flactuations in temperature, humidity, altitude (sorry I am not familiar with all these terminologies). All the best Gilead my friend !!
Old 18th November 2009, 12:32   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think Gilead is planning for a space trip in 2010, so he has to study and analyse the momentary flactuations in temperature, humidity, altitude (sorry I am not familiar with all these terminologies). All the best Gilead my friend !!
I want the outside air temp for purely sadistic reasons. lol When the outside temp is 38 degrees, I like to sit inside at 22 degrees and feel good about it.

How many here have gotten an underbody rust protection done? I think Ford dealers offer 3M. How much does it cost?
Old 18th November 2009, 12:55   #313
Senior - BHPian

The outside temp.- whether it is 38 or 22deg, I always drive with A/c on
( I found in most of time, minimum i.e keeping the knob at '1' is sufficient for me, especially in my car, fiesta).
Sometime (especially when driving on heavy traffic), if I feel it is not sufficient then I increase the speed to '2' (later come back to '1' when condition become normal). Like this, when I feel too cold, then switch off the A/c for few minutes/few kms till the cabin back to normal and then again switch on the A/C ( I dont know technically this excecise is bad for A/C?)
Old 18th November 2009, 14:09   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

How many here have gotten an underbody rust protection done? I think Ford dealers offer 3M. How much does it cost?
Metro Ford @ B'lore had offered this for Rs. 2800 + tax during my first service last week. I was told they use Waxoyl which is approved by Ford. Not sure if 3M is also approved by Ford. I decided to do it probably later as seat cover was priority for me.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:35   #315
ABZ
BHPian

mudflaps@S - possible?

Just thought of checking with other S owners.
My dealer had said that floor mats, mud flaps would be provided with the car but I was later told by my dealer that the 1.6S does not have a place for fixing the mud-flaps and hence I was given the floor mats only.
Is this true?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks