Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 12:26   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I just hate it! And if you have half a dozen pics on your PC, I think you can post some more here. So that people can hate it more.
LOL, Unni, dont write more on that, I understood how angry you are with face-lifts ! I dont think anyone would like a face-lift when you own the immediate previous generation. Googling fiesta 2010, you will find plenty of pictures, so lets not overload our server here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Somehow I didn't liked the headlamp of 2010 model.......After booking Fiesta, just for fun in my leisure time I took SX4 TD.
If I say I dont like the 2010 Fiesta, it will be a pure lie. I love everything about the new design. According to me the new design is better than what you find on Civics or Accords, defenitely feels few segments higher. By the way, doing TD on the SX4, did you feel more manly ? Its supposed to be owned by more 'manly' people ! (Men are back !!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
2010 Fiesta - IMO, Ford may not introduce the car with same design to India.
Even if Ford wants to roll it on Indian roads from 2010 January, we have no choice but to be happy with what we have. I defenitely liked the face-lifts executed on wagonR, Honda city, Innova, Scorpio, Civic, Accord etc. Its a psychological impact on customers, you see a product for 2 or more years and you get a new design but same product, majority will like the change.

When can we put our wives (I am not sure about you guys !) through some face-lifts ? I like to see my wife thinner, fairer and less talkative !

Last edited by shajufx : 17th November 2009 at 12:28.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:34   #287
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

When can we put our wives (I am not sure about you guys !) through some face-lifts ? I like to see my wife thinner, fairer and less talkative !
The first two are ok; Aren't you getting greedy with the third one?

BTW, MMC may be possible, but it is much more exicitng to go after a sleek/petite second car for city run-abouts

What say you
Old 17th November 2009, 12:47   #288
Senior - BHPian

@shaju

Facelift does not change ones talkativeness -thats a born gift - you have to live with it -LoL
Old 17th November 2009, 13:01   #289
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a Poppy car perfume. Where is the best to keep it? I didn't want it right up in front of my face, so I have kept in in the rear parcel tray between the two speakers. Will it be effective there?
Old 17th November 2009, 13:10   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
BTW, MMC may be possible, but it is much more exicitng to go after a sleek/petite second car for city run-abouts
I dont mind, but people in the family mind !

Quote:
Facelift does not change ones talkativeness -thats a born gift - you have to live with it -LoL
Agreed, when I see our grandparents who have completed 50 years of marriage, I always admire them for 'living with what they have' without any face-lifts for over 50 years !!! So, if they can live with a '1940' model, why should we worry about a 2009 model ? Lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I just bought a Poppy car perfume. Where is the best to keep it? I didn't want it right up in front of my face, so I have kept in in the rear parcel tray between the two speakers. Will it be effective there?
It will be effective, but it might be on your lap when you apply sudden break !! I couldnt tolerate the Poppy smell, is it not some hard-boiled candy smell ? You should try 'My Sheldan', lime is too good. Infact, fiesta do not have a proper place for fixing a perfume bottle. Car fragrance is supposed to be away from direct sunlight, so dash board is a No No. I have kept 'My Sheldan' in the cup holder behind the hand break. Its very effective and secure.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:11   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is it that bottled one (not that the one which can keep on the a/c vent?)and it has to be fixed with a sticker or?.
Keeping at rear may not yield good result ?
How about keeping on the storage tray on the dashboard
Old 17th November 2009, 14:43   #292
Senior - BHPian

Transfer of Warranty(EW)

Extended Warrany transfer (hope you all got the Extended Warranty Plan Certificate?)

When you sell the car, the Ford EW which one has taken also can be transferred. What it says :

''This warranty is specific to the VIN number stated in the Extended Warranty Plan Certificate . You can transfer this warranty only to a new owner of the vehicle bearing this VIN number. This warranty cannot be transferred to another vehicle. To request for a transfer of the Warranty, contact your Ford Dealer and furnish the details of the person to whom you will be selling your vehicle. This warranty will not be transferred if the vehicle is sold to a motor vehicle dealer or trader or to anyone excluded under the terms and conditions of this warranty and it will be cancelled automatically on such a sole.''

Vehicle Service Requirements:

In order to maintain the validity of this Extended Warranty, the vehicle must be serviced by an Authorized Ford Dealer in accordance with the Service Schedules mentioned in the Owners Manual. If you do not comply with these servicing requirements, we will refuse a claim or cancel this plan. Service effected following more than 500kms or 10 days from the recommended service interval shall invalidate this extended warranty.

++
Above terms/conditons are printed in the EWP certificate. Some of you all might have seen/read this already.
Still there are more terms/conditions -what is covered, what is not covered etc but too much to type out whole thing here. You may pleasel refer the certificate for information

Last edited by nairrk : 17th November 2009 at 14:57. Reason: correction
Old 17th November 2009, 14:53   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will be effective, but it might be on your lap when you apply sudden break !! I couldnt tolerate the Poppy smell, is it not some hard-boiled candy smell ? You should try 'My Sheldan', lime is too good.
I didn't like the Lime and Orange in Poppy. I bought Cologne instead. I hope it doesn't smell like after shave now! lol I'll try My Sheldan next time. I can't keep it in the cup holder 'cos it would be within the reach of my 2 year old. Anything within her reach is in danger.

Quote:
is it that bottled one (not that the one which can keep on the a/c vent?)and it has to be fixed with a sticker or?.
Keeping at rear may not yield good result ?
How about keeping on the storage tray on the dashboard
It's a bottle type perfume with a sticker at the bottom. The ones that can be fit in the vent look rather tacky to me.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:18   #294
Senior - BHPian

Gilead, then dash board is the only option for you. But remember to keep it away from sunlight (as it will cause some chemical reaction). One way is to get a sun shade for the front windshield, so when you park in the sun, use that shade. Some of my friends told me, when you have car perfume exposed to the sun, it loses its freshness and original effect. 'My Shaldon' is a gel perfume, so even if its not straight, it wont fall off.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:33   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gilead, then dash board is the only option for you. But remember to keep it away from sunlight (as it will cause some chemical reaction). One way is to get a sun shade for the front windshield, so when you park in the sun, use that shade. Some of my friends told me, when you have car perfume exposed to the sun, it loses its freshness and original effect. 'My Shaldon' is a gel perfume, so even if its not straight, it wont fall off.
+
So, another headache for @Gilead - where to keep the perfume. No
'perfect' place for the 'perfume'?
If keep it on the dashboard -then sunlight will change the perfume into hot water and eventually he will get a different smell. Or he has to buy a sunshade to protect the perfume from the sunlight. But he shuld not forget to cover the sunshade whenever the car is parked -more work now
Old 17th November 2009, 16:07   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
So, another headache for @Gilead - where to keep the perfume. No
'perfect' place for the 'perfume'?
I am not going to stress myself so much over this. It's going to stay in the rear parcel shelf for now.

The Fiesta IRVM has got some kind of an anti-glare coating on it. I don't have to squint at high beams in the IRVM any more. I don't like the reflection of the AC vents in the ORVMs though.
Old 17th November 2009, 16:19   #297
BHPian

my shaldon is a cake type perfume with a lid (tiny holes) on it, very similar to the plastic box type odonils. it should be safe in the cup holder, but yeah you never know with kids!!

i guess for now, you're better off with something like an ambipur that can be clipped on to the ac vents!

@nair sir, i have to follow up with metro on the extended warranty that was promised at the time of making the deal, the sales person told us that the EW info would be mailed to us directly from ford, which we havent received till date!
Old 17th November 2009, 16:38   #298
Senior - BHPian

@raamki

Perfume - yes, I opted for the ambipur and clipped on the a/c vents (so no sticking process). I think @gilead not liking the ambipur.

EWP Certificate - In may case, within a week time after making the payment for EW, my dealer sent to me a copy of the certificate (without any terms/conditions written therein). Today, I have recieved another Certificate from the dealer (seems this is the original) with terms and conditions printed overleaf. What I understood is that FORD send all certificates to the dealer asking them to forward it to the Owners
(each dealer sell more number of cars and it is easy for them to forward to the customers?). Suggest you chase the dealer (why dont you tell them that those who have bought cars after you from other dealers all got it and you still not recieved??)
Old 17th November 2009, 19:34   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't like the reflection of the AC vents in the ORVMs though.
Either you can paint the aluminium rings black (wont reflect anymore) or install an anti-reflection window film. Infact its not reflecting on the ORVM but on the window glass. Just keep your hand on the window glass from inside (while seated), you will find the reflection is gone. It used to bother me in the beginning, but now got used to it.

Quote:
my shaldon is a cake type perfume with a lid
Mine is gel based, it will come on your finger like tooth-paste if you poke through the lid.

Quote:
I think @gilead not liking the ambipur.
Ambipur is very good, they have plenty of choices too, but I could not find a stand alone bottle. Somehow I dont like the clipping types. It disables the flexibility of the air-vent.

Last edited by shajufx : 17th November 2009 at 19:36.
Old 17th November 2009, 19:48   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Either you can paint the aluminium rings black (wont reflect anymore) or install an anti-reflection window film. Infact its not reflecting on the ORVM but on the window glass. Just keep your hand on the window glass from inside (while seated), you will find the reflection is gone. It used to bother me in the beginning, but now got used to it.
You are right. Coming to think of it, there is no way it can reflect on the ORVM, but the reflection on the window is nicely superimposed on the ORVM. I find myself looking at the vent reflection rather than what's on the ORVM. Hope to get used to it soon as well.

Is it possible to see the outside air temp somewhere in the display?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks