Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 03:22   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
IMO, it has nothing to do with the front windshield. I have the Icecool Shield from Garware and have had no problems with it. Yours is a superior quality 3M, so am certain it has no hand in the fogging.

ideally, with the ac on and with the blower knob on the 'defogger' option, you shouldn't be seeing fogging from inside of the windshield even if all the windows are rolled up with 4 adults breathing inside the cabin.

we used to have this problem on our earlier car quite a bit until we found the appropriate setting on the panel to keep the fogging away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@Moonraker

Defoging windsheild - Hope, tried this way?

1- Set control Knob to windshield position

2- select fresh air mode (switch off the recirculation button and ensure
that the illumination is off?)

3- Set the knob in maximum hot position (for quick defogging)

4- Set the knob in max blower speed

5- Switch on the AC (to dehumidify the air)

Once the windshiled is clear, the controls can be adjusted to your
convenience.

please try once.

Thanks
@Ramki - thats what i had also thought so i can't really blame the suncontrol file for the fogging as it happens both outside and inside the windshield.
@nair: Only if the setting is in Warm i am able to see the road, i am trying this for the past few days during the Chennai rains. Have read about this setting in BHP and it was partialy working.

Today i am planning to take her to the 3M distributor to check if he can help me out.
Old 14th November 2009, 09:47   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hi guys,
I'm not sure how many of you have seen this show on TV that compares the ANHC, the Linea and the 1.6 S. It is really interesting to watch and will make you feel proud of owning a Fiesta

Mid-size madness-Times Drive-Weekend Shows -TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

P.S.---listen to it in loud volume--the background music is scintillating.
+
Nice report and ofcourse the background music.
I have seen this few days back, when I was searching something in the time of india web. But thanks for you to bringing it here so all members can see (and enjoy the music).
Thanks
Old 14th November 2009, 09:51   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
No no no. This time its towards Kerala, Kasaragod to be exact. Sad part is my camera is out, the XD Card gave up. So won't be having any pics of the trip . Well, there is a reason, I was getting bored with spending weekends at home!! Have invited a friend along, if he doesn't turn up, then its going to be just me.
+
Hope you might have already left for this drive?
So you are coming to Kasaragode,close to my place i.e just 60/70kms away from payyannur
Old 14th November 2009, 10:54   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I think Fiesta rocks. I have this beauty since 2006 and done around 62K in three years, and i must say, i didnt had any major problem till now. Just that last week i had the clutch wire broken while driving down to CHD in a major traffic jam. Thank god to local people that i got it fixed in time and went on to CHD.
Otherwise its a dream drive.
+

62k kms in three years without any major problem - A good certification from a longtime owner. Whatelse one need (those who are still considering) to prove that fiesta is a solid performer
Old 14th November 2009, 11:06   #245
Senior - BHPian

When Reverse Parking Sensor may not be accurate?

How many of you all read about this ?

Reverse Parking Sensor

The System may not operate accurately and sensing range may be
narrowed under following situations:

= Conical and Angular reflective objects.

= Cotton, snow and other obstacle that absorb sound waves.

= The obstacle height lowers 30cm from gound/higher than 1mts. from
ground

= When the Sensor received interference from other ultrasonic
transmission

= On irregular surface, cobblestone roadways, slant street, bushes.

So, what above suggests that dont believe the sensor blankly and you always careful about the surrouding when you try to park your cark
(reverse mode). Also it is recommended to maintain a slow speed of 5kmph when reversing (i.e give due time to the sensor to react)

Thanks
Old 14th November 2009, 18:37   #246
BHPian

Overdrive tests in the new Ford Fiesta 1.6S

Just got hold of this in my routine Youtube visit, many of you must have seen it already, but its worth seeing again.

Old 14th November 2009, 23:41   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
@nair: Only if the setting is in Warm i am able to see the road, i am trying this for the past few days during the Chennai rains.
I have been driving in the rain with the AC on the last two days. The only place where it fogs is the rear windshield and the defogger takes care of it in 30 seconds. I never had the need to blow hot air on the front or the side windows.
Old 15th November 2009, 01:27   #248
BHPian

The 3M distributor was unable to help me in anyway, and he says that it seems to be unusual for a fiesta to fog like this. Well i guess i have found a workaround, i have changed my driving route so that i atleast drive 6Kms to reach home and this is helping me and the road which i am takng is a 200feet road so the A/c cools faster and helps me in keeping the fog away. May be the short distance travel was causing the issue. Having my fingers crossed.
Old 15th November 2009, 08:32   #249
BHPian

I am too facing the fogging issue on the front wind shield. My drive was short.
It seems to be gone when I used the heater but with AC it was fogging again.
Any solutions??

@Gilead, do you know shop in chennai were we can buy car related stuff like cleaning cloth, perfume, leather upholstery cleansers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I have been driving in the rain with the AC on the last two days. The only place where it fogs is the rear windshield and the defogger takes care of it in 30 seconds. I never had the need to blow hot air on the front or the side windows.

Last edited by stronghold : 15th November 2009 at 08:34.
Old 15th November 2009, 09:01   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronghold View Post
I am too facing the fogging issue on the front wind shield. My drive was short.
It seems to be gone when I used the heater but with AC it was fogging agai Cn.
Any solutions??

@Gilead, do you know shop in chennai were we can buy car related stuff like cleaning cloth, perfume, leather upholstery cleansers etc.
I drive with AC blower position in the face and legs position if that helps. Not seen fogging in the front windshield till now. Maybe it's got to do with the humidity in the particular area as well?

@Stronghold, sent you a PM. Try Haute Car Zone on OMR since it may be close to your place.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th November 2009 at 09:02.
Old 15th November 2009, 09:43   #251
BHPian

Try to minimise the inside-outside temp of car

I am not able to understand all the fuse about this windshield issue,

What I know is if there is big difference between inside an outside temp of car there will be fogging.

Like in rainy days we switch on the AC and outside air is bit warm and humid and hence fogging, specially in non-rainy days, the solution is increase the temp inside the car. The best to do is keep the AC mode to hot and switch on the AC and send the air to windshield.

In Northern India (I live 30km from delhi), the same happens in winters when inside temp is higher then outside and in this what I do i try to lower the inside temp, by lower windows glass by 1 cm or by throwing cool AC air to windshield.

In both the cases it takes hardly 30-45 sec. to do the trick, but you need to maintain it else it (fog) will come again.
Old 15th November 2009, 11:21   #252
Senior - BHPian

Prolonged use of recirculated air may cause the windows to mist up. If the windows
mist up,follow the settings for defrosting and demisting the windsecreen. (some fresh air intake also reduce the misting problem?)

The side vents are required to remove mist and ice from the side windows.
During winter once you attain sufficient cool in the cabin, the centre vents can be
closed (in cold weather), or opened for extra fresh air when heating.

Learn to adjust the controls and it will sort out all misting problems gradually.
Old 15th November 2009, 12:27   #253
BHPian

One more!

Didn't see my name in the list-so here goes.2007 Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol) in Brush Steel.
Old 15th November 2009, 12:46   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
Didn't see my name in the list-so here goes.2007 Fiesta 1.4 Zxi (Petrol) in Brush Steel.
+
Will add your name also in the list.
@Thebeastfiest is doing the work of updating the list and he will update the list with your name.
Thanks
Old 15th November 2009, 21:41   #255
BHPian

I went to Haute Car zone to checkout their Art leather seat cover range. The base price starts from 6000 and it goes upto 11K for PU leather seat covers. Seems to be bit costly than or GP road guys. They were marketing for a brand named Haiton and they can provide me with customised seatcovers. Tomorrow one other fiesta is getting her seat covers and i am going to visit their showroom to take a look at their work.

Any thoughts about their price for Fiesta seat covers
Make - Haiton PU leather seat covers
Price quoted - Rs 9000 (after bargaining)
Consists of only covers for the seat, Steering cover and door trims will cost extra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks