Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 18:57   #196
BHPian

I am in. Hopefully I will be getting my DL tomorrow and have planned a drive to mahabalipuram on Saturday. So anytime after this weekend is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I am game. There's you, me, Stronghold, Hummer Guy and oss as far as I know. Stronghold is yet to get a DL though. Anyone else? My car has not even done 100 kms yet, so ripping will not be possible.
Old 12th November 2009, 19:24   #197
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv, as a true team-bhp member, you are expected to drink only purified water or soda. Anything other than that written here would be standing on the roof top and yelling "Please give me infraction, please give me infraction". Ford RSM is a very nice guy, he gave me complimentary underbody coating (for Fiesta), so I am sure if you do the communication well, there is much more he would be obliged to do. I can bet he is reading the Ford threads as well from the day he met me.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:18   #198
BHPian

Fiesta TDCI behaviour in 2nd Gear

Have any of the owners of 1.4 TDCI found it a bit different handling the car when driving slowly in 2nd gear? If the rpm drops below 1000, if the clutch is released and you try to accelerate, the engine shudders, at times stalling - is this something you have experienced?

Instead of depressing the accelerator, if you gradually release the clutch, the car on its own gathers some momentum and moves on. And if you gradually release the clutch and meantime depress the brakes, it tries to adjust with a little power thrust on its own.

Yet another question is - if you stall say in the middle of traffic, then to reignite, you need to turn the key all the way back to off and then ignite again - but do you wait for the tell tale lights to go off on the odo before ignition. If one does not wait, will ti cause damage to the engine/turbo charger or any other critical part?

Thanks,
Lin-jo.
Old 12th November 2009, 21:16   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin-jo View Post
if you stall say in the middle of traffic, then to reignite, you need to turn the key all the way back to off and then ignite again - but do you wait for the tell tale lights to go off on the odo before ignition. If one does not wait, will ti cause damage to the engine/turbo charger or any other critical part? .
Key to the complete OFF position before reignition is what is recommended by Ford (as instructed at the time of delivery). But the first thing I wanted to check on my Fiesta was if the engine will restart without going all the way to OFF, and I realised it will work. Now the engine/turbo charger stuff, I am ignorant. A mechanical engineer could clear the doubt technically.
Old 12th November 2009, 21:45   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Have any of the owners of 1.4 TDCI found it a bit different handling the car when driving slowly in 2nd gear? If the rpm drops below 1000, if the clutch is released and you try to accelerate, the engine shudders, at times stalling - is this something you have experienced?

Instead of depressing the accelerator, if you gradually release the clutch, the car on its own gathers some momentum and moves on. And if you gradually release the clutch and meantime depress the brakes, it tries to adjust with a little power thrust on its own.

Yet another question is - if you stall say in the middle of traffic, then to reignite, you need to turn the key all the way back to off and then ignite again - but do you wait for the tell tale lights to go off on the odo before ignition. If one does not wait, will ti cause damage to the engine/turbo charger or any other critical part?

Thanks,
Lin-jo.
Lin-jo, don't try to run the car below 1000 rpm, I mean change the gear accordingly, don't try to lag the engine, it is not good for engine, I do drive on 2nd gear in B2B traffic but if required I immediately shift to 1st gear, you won't get sudden acceleration until you reach 1750+ rpm, till that you have to be patient as this is diesel you can't expect result like petrol so sudden acceleration is not possible until you reach 1750+ rpm.
To restart the engine you don't have to wait, as already engine has attained the required temperature, I don't think it will cause damage to engine/turbo, but when you start engine first time and switching off engine before parking do wait at least for 30 - 60 seconds to preserve the turbo.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:38   #201
BHPian

Thanks for the replies Shaju and Rajeshvin!

Well, please count me in too as a proud owner of Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi SXI.
8 months now, done 4500 Kms( on the lower side I know ).

Yet another question to Fiesta owners is whether anyone tried front windshield films? I know there is a separate thread on suncontrol, but I wanted to hear from the Fiesta Owners what their experience has been using/not using sunfilm on the windshield.

Am contemplating suncontrol, but not too sure about the front windshield. Last month on a drive early in the morning, the front glass was fogging like anything. I have tried 3M Windshield Demister, but not sure of its effectiveness. With that experience, windshield film is posing many unanswered questions to me . Appreciate any comments on this aspect.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:48   #202
BHPian

Sun Films

Quote:

Yet another question to Fiesta owners is whether anyone tried front windshield films? I know there is a separate thread on suncontrol, but I wanted to hear from the Fiesta Owners what their experience has been using/not using sunfilm on the windshield.

Am contemplating suncontrol, but not too sure about the front windshield. Last month on a drive early in the morning, the front glass was fogging like anything. I have tried 3M Windshield Demister, but not sure of its effectiveness. With that experience, windshield film is posing many unanswered questions to me . Appreciate any comments on this aspect.
Yes, there is a very good thread on sun films, but as we are covering everything for fiesta owners, here is the master file for sun-films covering all major vendors and their products.
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-sunfilms.jpg  

Old 12th November 2009, 23:49   #203
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note:

Some posts have been deleted from this thread since due to some past incidents, the Support Team has decided to discourage Brand-Specific clubs or meets.

We hope to keep all meets TEAM-BHP meets from now on, without focusing or prioritizing any particular model or brand.

I hope you can understand the reasons for the above.
Please do repost your meet thread in a general sense if you still wish to have some sort of meet.

Thank you,
Team-BHP Support.
Old 13th November 2009, 00:32   #204
BHPian

Quote:

I am using 3M CR70 in my front windshield, and i still have the front windsheild fogging issue. I have tried to use heater, A/c, recirculation mode, fresh air mode nothing happens. One reason could be that i just travel 3Kms and by the time the heater or A/c starts working i would have reached my home or office and had to switch off the engine. Every saturday i goto Mahabs and i did not have any fogging issues during day or night.

At this stage i cannot comment if this is because of the suncontrol film or is it because of the rainy season or is it because of the design. I am still trying to find out.

Currently when i start from office i do not roll down the glass and there is no fog in the windshield when i start, but by the time i reach home the front windshield would have the fogging as the A/c would be running.
Old 13th November 2009, 08:30   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I am using 3M CR70 in my front windshield, and i still have the front windsheild fogging issue. I have tried to use heater, A/c, recirculation mode, fresh air mode nothing happens. One reason could be that i just travel 3Kms and by the time the heater or A/c starts working i would have reached my home or office and had to switch off the engine. Every saturday i goto Mahabs and i did not have any fogging issues during day or night.

At this stage i cannot comment if this is because of the suncontrol film or is it because of the rainy season or is it because of the design. I am still trying to find out.

Currently when i start from office i do not roll down the glass and there is no fog in the windshield when i start, but by the time i reach home the front windshield would have the fogging as the A/c would be running.
IMO, it has nothing to do with the front windshield. I have the Icecool Shield from Garware and have had no problems with it. Yours is a superior quality 3M, so am certain it has no hand in the fogging.

ideally, with the ac on and with the blower knob on the 'defogger' option, you shouldn't be seeing fogging from inside of the windshield even if all the windows are rolled up with 4 adults breathing inside the cabin.

we used to have this problem on our earlier car quite a bit until we found the appropriate setting on the panel to keep the fogging away!

Last edited by raamki : 13th November 2009 at 08:40.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:36   #206
Senior - BHPian

@Moonraker

Defoging windsheild - Hope, tried this way?

1- Set control Knob to windshield position

2- select fresh air mode (switch off the recirculation button and ensure
that the illumination is off?)

3- Set the knob in maximum hot position (for quick defogging)

4- Set the knob in max blower speed

5- Switch on the AC (to dehumidify the air)

Once the windshiled is clear, the controls can be adjusted to your
convenience.

please try once.

Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 10:07   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@stumpz

Is this the mileage figure for your Fiesta 1.4 Diesel?
And you saying that your car achieved 13.79kmpl on city driving?
Yes that is correct. I'm getting 13.79kmpl for the diesel. If you know Banglaore, travel is on Outer Ring Road then on to Old Airport Road and into Bagmane tech Park. All during normal working hours. I'm not exactly clear if this is good or bad, but I am pretty content with it. Would like to hear other diesel owners' mileage as a comparison if possible. Always with the AC on. Weekend with the wifey and the little one around Bangalore.

[quote=stronghold;1579033]@stumpz, can you please let me know the iPhone app name.

Surely...it's Vehical Ver 1.0
VehiCal
Available at the app store for free, the last time I checked.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:44   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Yes that is correct. I'm getting 13.79kmpl for the diesel. If you know Banglaore, travel is on Outer Ring Road then on to Old Airport Road and into Bagmane tech Park. All during normal working hours. I'm not exactly clear if this is good or bad, but I am pretty content with it. Would like to hear other diesel owners' mileage as a comparison if possible. Always with the AC on. Weekend with the wifey and the little one around Bangalore.
Stumpz, I do keep the record of mileage, but I have covered only 1730 kms till date.
In my first tank full to tank full reading, I got 18.38 kmpl (30% city and 70% highway with 100% AC on), In second reading I got 17.52 kmpl (this time 70% city and 30% highway with 100% AC on).
I think what you are getting in B2B traffic is better figure.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:53   #209
Senior - BHPian

@Thebeastfiest

I think it is time to add following members:

=tortoise -- 1.6 SXi
=lin-jo -- 1.4 Sxi
=Stumpz -- 1.4 (variant not available?)

Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 11:27   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@Thebeastfiest

I think it is time to add following members:

=tortoise -- 1.6 SXi
=lin-jo -- 1.4 Sxi
=Stumpz -- 1.4 (variant not available?)

Thanks
Sxi for myself please. It's the so called platinum-goldish color.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks