Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 16:56   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairji, she was driving in the middle east without issues, but our return was an immediate decision, otherwise I wouldnt have thought of an expensive license there. Now this 1 year break has put her back to a newbie, although the skills can be regained within a month of regular driving.
+
There is lot of difference in driving in the middle east and in india especially places like Bangalore/chennai/mumbai etc.
Dont worry, go for a drive in the weekend with your wife, like our Unni, may be to the border and when you find less crowded/less traffic place, give the wheel to her ! You can be the instructer (save money)
Old 1st February 2010, 17:16   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Yes there is a huge difference, first one is the speed of 120kmph maintained in most of the major roads there, being best quality roads not seen in India yet. Then its the road sense, polished manners and respect to the road rules. A person from there will have a nightmare looking at our roads here, forget the driving part.

She can drive here without any issues infact, but I dont have the confidence to send her out alone. May be I am too much in love with my fiesta, so I am being stupid not letting her take the wheel. Secondly its the driving comfort you experience in the fiesta which you dont want to let go for anything.

All said and done, if I fall unconscious in the house, she will be the only person to literally carry me and drive out to the nearest hospital without wasting time calling for help. So there she will not think about a fiesta or a 50 year old car, its just the engine and a steering to reach a place!
Old 1st February 2010, 17:22   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
if I fall unconscious in the house...
hmmm..what are you upto in the house? Get a breath analyzer quick & fast! Heard the latest mumbai girl report?
Old 1st February 2010, 17:32   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be I am too much in love with my fiesta,
Let her not read above wordings - she may not like it

Yes true, it is the comfot of driving fiesta making you not leaving the wheel, even if you are tired. Am now planning Trivandrum trip in few days
because I want to drive (otherwise it would have been easier to travel by train?)
Old 1st February 2010, 17:46   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
hmmm..what are you upto in the house? Get a breath analyzer quick & fast! Heard the latest mumbai girl report?
Dont worry, I dont faint that easy and I meant things related to cardio, low/high BP etc. that can start popping up from the moment you are close to 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Am now planning Trivandrum trip in few days because I want to drive
You are the man Nairji. I would love to copy what you are doing, but not yet achieved that financial freedom.

Last edited by shajufx : 1st February 2010 at 17:47.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:58   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are the man Nairji. I would love to copy what you are doing, but not yet achieved that financial freedom.
+
I think, better you copy Unni because he is the one enjoying heavily with his fiesta - driving weekend/fortnight to alleppey and nearby border's etc?
Even after doing two guruvayur trip, one chennai trip- my fiesta odo showing only 4035kms (in about 3 months time)?
Old 1st February 2010, 18:13   #1702
BHPian

Can anybody tell me how is the After Sales Service of Ford and cost of service in general?
Old 1st February 2010, 18:46   #1703
Senior - BHPian

So far nothing to complain about. It has improved 10 times over the last 5 years as commented by Ford owners since its launch in India long back. Cost of service is similar or slightly lower than same segment cars. These are just 2 reasons I chose a Ford.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:03   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
+
I think, better you copy Unni because he is the one enjoying heavily with his fiesta - driving weekend/fortnight to alleppey and nearby border's etc?
Even after doing two guruvayur trip, one chennai trip- my fiesta odo showing only 4035kms (in about 3 months time)?
Does that mean my 5500 on ODO in 40 Days is the numero uno in the Fiesta Rankings? (Patting myself in the back..way to go!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik
Can anybody tell me how is the After Sales Service of Ford and cost of service in general?
Search man. If you go by the last 2-3 pages of this thread, you may have an impression that we Fiestians are in Utopia land. Rest assured most of our times are not spent in running to & from a.s.s. You can read this entire thread and draw your own conclusions regarding the After Sales Service. IMO, it is as good as any other but NOT as bad as lot of others (no personal experience except Ford, but based on different threads that I have read)

Nairsaab,
Regarding the cost part, it will be great, if we can start compiling the service cost/spare part cost etc across cities? Is it possible to send a mass PM to all fiesta owners based on the memberids existing in the master list and ask them to contribute regarding this update.

Maybe, add a poll as well, regarding the satisfaction level of their a.s.s!
Old 1st February 2010, 19:28   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
+

You already have seen reply from other members..
When you have time please read all the fiesta threads whereby you can see great comments from those who have already owning fiesta's for more than 2 years (and above).

Besides, Ford has got 4 year warranty programme
i.e 2 year or 1,00,000 kms warranty, plus 3rd and 4th year (total 4 years or 150000 kms against payment of around rs.8300 to 9000 (depends state to state becuase of the tax structure). From this you are saved from the hight costed spare parts, if any required during these period??
Old 1st February 2010, 19:39   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Yes true, it is the comfot of driving fiesta making you not leaving the wheel, even if you are tired. Am now planning Trivandrum trip in few days
because I want to drive (otherwise it would have been easier to travel by train?)
Driving, driving, driving. Can't you people think of anything else

Quote:
Dont worry, I dont faint that easy and I meant things related to cardio, low/high BP etc. that can start popping up from the moment you are close to 40.
Old Man Shaju!! Jokes apart, it is good that you have somebody to drive in case of an emergency.

Quote:
+
Well, talking about driving, I'm going to Guruvayoor this weekend. So, another 800kms (to and fro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Does that mean my 5500 on ODO in 40 Days is the numero uno in the Fiesta Rankings? (Patting myself in the back..way to go!)
I think you have that honor. Congrats!!
Old 1st February 2010, 20:15   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Well, talking about driving, I'm going to Guruvayoor this weekend. So, another 800kms (to and fro) !
Young, sexy, handsome dude UNNI, this time also driving solo ? I wonder whats in store at Guruvayoor !!! Dont tell me its temple visit again. I wont believe that. I am doing a quick check with my contacts on whats driving the fiestians to this place !!
Old 1st February 2010, 20:22   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Young, sexy, handsome dude UNNI, this time also driving solo ? I wonder whats in store at Guruvayoor !!! Dont tell me its temple visit again. I wont believe that. I am doing a quick check with my contacts on whats driving the fiestians to this place !!
Thanks for the compliments!!! Driving solo, and it is temple visit. It is my daughters "choroonu" (don't know how to convert that word into English, and make sense of it).
Old 1st February 2010, 21:07   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Ok this time I have to believe. Its a traditional function rooted in our culture, officially feeding the kid called 'annaprasanam' in the south (first rice giving ceremony infront of the gods).

Now I am eligible for a treat anytime of your choice !
Old 1st February 2010, 22:17   #1710
BHPian

Sorry guys, The Head gave away to Heart yet again, Why read following:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/63907-i-booked-my-car-thread-34.html#post1710983
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks