Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 16:07   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You will change that opinion if you come down to bangalore, but now lot of upgrades are happening to Altis as I understand, and believe me its white again.

White is a lovely choice, provided its kept sparkling clean, and thats a real pain too. I would personally prefer white for any vehicle, but considering the dusty circumstances, I chose Morello. My corolla was white, M800 was white, WagonR was silver and I learnt enough from the previous cars, therefore chose a darker shade for my Fiesta, so far happy. I do a water cleaning only once a month, Jopasu is doing all the work other times, also a body cover is protecting from flying dust in the parking.
Its good that you chose morello, it is also a lovely color, the reason why i chose white was that i always had dark colors for my previous cars and bikes, so i thought of going for the white for the first time

i used to swap the cloth each morning and clean the windshield with shampoo mix water once a week, it is enough to keep it good looking
Old 30th January 2010, 17:25   #1652
BHPian

Feeling a bit left out in all this color talk! Am I in the exclusive club with my MS color! Good.

Ruchir, are u cleaning the windshield only or the entire car once a week?
Old 30th January 2010, 19:17   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry Sanjay, its a healthy fight between a Morello and Ujala Superwhite !! You know who will get dirty at the end !!! LOL, Ruchir dont kick me for that. We are all here with a healthy and happy mind to help each other. So, everything adds some value to someone or other.

But I dont agree with your shampoo mix water treatment only for the windshield, so you let the body be dirty as it is ??

Another tip to everyone who wants good fragrance in the car. 'My Shaldon' is officially available at Bigbazar from last week. I found it in the Odonil, Ambipur, Napthaline tab corner proudly sitting with all those flavours. Someone opened a lime bottle to smell it, wondering where this public is heading to. will anyone buy that open can ?
Old 30th January 2010, 20:04   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
will anyone buy that open can ?
Great. Now you can claim your much dreamt 50% discount on the open bottle!

Reminds me of my college canteen days in Calcutta, where our notorius group, post finishing 80% of the chops/cutlets/ghughni, used to pluck out hair (sometimes very thick,curly hairs) and put into these..and then claim a fresh plate, complaining about CHOP-E-CHUL (Bengalis will know what I am talking about).
Old 30th January 2010, 20:07   #1655
BHPian

How does this look?

Mine's white. Ruchir will be happy to see this.

I spent 2 hours cleaning her today morning. I was treating her just like a baby. First with Jopasu (thanks shajufx), then with plain water.

Was happy to see her shining like mirror at the end.

But it came at a cost. My wife stopped talking with me the next 1 hour.
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn3114.jpg  

Old 30th January 2010, 20:16   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Reminds me of my college canteen days in Calcutta, where our notorius group, post finishing 80% of the chops/cutlets/ghughni, used to pluck out hair (sometimes very thick,curly hairs) and put into these..and then claim a fresh plate, complaining about CHOP-E-CHUL (Bengalis will know what I am talking about).
Sanjay da, toooo good !!!!
Old 30th January 2010, 22:08   #1657
BHPian

I have been wanting to put this query here for a long time but always forgetting..

When the car is idling at neutral (like waiting at signals), I feel this slight(est) vibration every 2-3 secs..that too I feel only if my knees are touching the left dash and right door..otherwise the vibration is so slight that it is tough to feel. Is this any issue at all to be bothered about? This feeling has been from day 1. Other occupants do not feel the same.
Old 30th January 2010, 22:37   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Mayur you are keeping your baby sparkling, no doubt and no debate on that, but spare Ruchir here, because he wipes only the windscreen with some shampoo water leaving the whole white body as it is !!! (I am running for a hideout !!!)

Sanjay, I feel that slight vibration only when the car is in idle status and the AC kicks in at intervals, not any other time.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:15   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
I feel that slight vibration only when the car is in idle status and the AC kicks in at intervals, not any other time.
Right..I missed mentioning the a/c bit. Will sleep well tonight
Old 30th January 2010, 23:30   #1660
BHPian

One small query. Fiesta manual says that the door will auto-lock after 45 seconds when it is unlocked but any of the doors not opened.

Is it applicable only for the 1st time when you unlock? Or it will happen every time the door remain closed, but kept unlocked.

I have not seen the 2nd option happening. Anyone knows it?

Also, there is no mention of the steering lock in the manual. I am happy to see it activated when the key is taken out.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:30   #1661
BHPian

Regarding the steering thing...went to Spencer's Plaza day before. I normally park the car on 3rd Floor parking (free). (grd/1st/2nd floors are for shopping, 3rd floor onwards are for parking/offices like citibank/tcs etc.) If you want to do a quick test-inside city-for tight turning radius, 1st gear torque/pulling power etc, this is the place to be (Chennaites will vouch for this). This time I was more alert, but inspite of that, no steering noise/vibrations was heard/felt.

Seems, the Dec09 batch released already has the new steering which Franky is getting now;-}
Old 31st January 2010, 10:02   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
One small query. Fiesta manual says that the door will auto-lock after 45 seconds when it is unlocked but any of the doors not opened.

Is it applicable only for the 1st time when you unlock? Or it will happen every time the door remain closed, but kept unlocked.

I have not seen the 2nd option happening. Anyone knows it?

Also, there is no mention of the steering lock in the manual. I am happy to see it activated when the key is taken out.
+
Once you open the door and close it, then the auto locking will not function. This function will be effective, once you press the unlock button on the key remote but you are not opening any of the doors for 45 seconds. once opened then the function gets deactived till next time you
lock the door.

Steering lock -its already there in most of the cars, hence they didnt want to mention in the manual as a special feature
Old 31st January 2010, 10:31   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Mine's white. Ruchir will be happy to see this.

I spent 2 hours cleaning her today morning. I was treating her just like a baby. First with Jopasu (thanks shajufx), then with plain water.

Was happy to see her shining like mirror at the end.

But it came at a cost. My wife stopped talking with me the next 1 hour.
+
yes, it seems you have done a wonderful job and making your car shining but with a penalty from your wife for not talking to you for one hour - may be you have not involved her also in the cleaning job?

Last edited by nairrk : 31st January 2010 at 10:33. Reason: correction
Old 31st January 2010, 12:29   #1664
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to guess hard why wife has a problem with cleaning a Fiesta as reported by Mayukh. Are not all the wives happier moving around in a sparkling clean car ?

I think when you exchange the pedicure time with the car cleaning, there naturally arises an issue which is not covered by Ford warranty !!! So, dont cut down the time you used to spend for wife (pedicure, manicure, shoulder massage etc.), but try to clean the car when she is sleeping or cooking. Be brave and be a true Fiestian !!

Last edited by shajufx : 31st January 2010 at 12:30.
Old 31st January 2010, 13:28   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
I was trying to guess hard why wife has a problem with cleaning a Fiesta as reported by Mayukh. Are not all the wives happier moving around in a sparkling clean car ?

Not sure about Mayukh, but my ONE wife sure does feel happy.

I think when you exchange the pedicure time with the car cleaning, there naturally arises an issue which is not covered by Ford warranty !!! So, dont cut down the time you used to spend for wife (pedicure, manicure, shoulder massage etc.), but try to clean the car when she is sleeping or cooking. Be brave and be a true Fiestian !!
Shaju, great advice..can only come with a good deal of experience...you should try running an Agony Aunt column.
Myself currently getting along nicely by ensuring I take her out in the car for the frequent grocery shopping, instead of earlier relying on autos for short trips. That way, my urge for drive at the slightest excuse is also take care of.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks