Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:06   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hey Guys one small question. Do you guys face problem with Fiesta bulbs being conked off now and then. I mean i had as many as 10 bulbs replaced (if not more) in this 3 yrs. Sometimes its the headlights and sometimes its the brake lights. Yesterday only, one of the front Fog lamp went off. When i asked the guy in Ford, he said that this is very common.
I highly doubt if this is a common problem. Fuses are there for protection. Were all your fuses intact or were they blown too?
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:36   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hey Guys one small question. Do you guys face problem with Fiesta bulbs being conked off now and then. I mean i had as many as 10 bulbs replaced (if not more) in this 3 yrs. Sometimes its the headlights and sometimes its the brake lights. Yesterday only, one of the front Fog lamp went off. When i asked the guy in Ford, he said that this is very common.
+
This is something new as no one reported such complaints.
Did you modify the electric system of your car?
suggest have the service people check the fuse box and make sure
everything is alright before keep changing bulbs?
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:42   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Can anyone help me with the price of the FORD car cover? My dealer is quoting a price of Rs 2250 (without bill). If I insist to have a bill, VAT will be extra which will make it around 2500. Is it really that expensive?

I remember someone saying it to around 2000 Rs approx. Also how can I ensure that it is an original FORD accessory?
I suggest to go for after market Car cover, it will be around 400.
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:16   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nair sir, I am there too now (effective Jan 21)
+
Okay, will update

@varunps - Is your car 1.4 ZXi Tdci?

Please confirm
Thanks
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:54   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OT: Yes. It's tough now to remember which information is present in which page. This thread has become a bible now. Scanning pages is a tough job.

Nair sir, can we have all the valuable information collected from all the pages and ask the mods to edit them in first page itself. I can volunteer for the collection work.
+
IMO, most of the informations/details are available in the first few posts.
Even if you create another post, still you will see someone asking doubts and clarifications after couple of days and then again one has to go back to older pages to get information on particular subject. Believe one can get any details by using the 'search' method??
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:00   #1551
Senior - BHPian

went yesterday to the fiesta showroom to inquire about the RC and EW certificate, there the Ford showroom is going for major revamp for FIGO welcome.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:23   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Add me in as well

Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi (Petrol)
+
Okay noted - will update your name too in the owners list.
Meantime, please give a write up about your booking/ownership experience, incase not given it so far.?
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:50   #1553
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi there!

Thought I will pitch in as well. I have a 1.6 Zxi. I have had it for more than 4 years. Besides the regular servicing, it has been trouble free till now (touchwood). I have changed the tyres/alloys at 20K Kms.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-img_6917c.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2010, 16:38   #1554
Senior - BHPian

@robimahanta

Hai. welcome
hope your are visiting this thread first time?
Also it is great to know that you have Fiesta for 4 years without any problem.
Indeed a good news for all of us/fiesta owners.

Seems you have not given any major write up/ownership experience about your fiesta
so far? (except that tavelogue of Arunachalpradesh but that was on your Alto car?)

Suggest explore your experience with fiesta?
Old 25th January 2010, 08:45   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

This is for everybody's information that Ford has a new dealer in Thane called "Shreeji Ford". They have opened their showroom on the Ghodbunder Road, opp Lawkim co and have their service centre at Kothari Mills compund nr khevra circle, Manpada. These guys earlier had Tata Motors dealership and it seems have gone recently for Ford. Although no such announcement in available on Ford website, it is expected soon. I visited their service centre since my first service is due in the second week of Feb 2010. I found the service centre quite spacious, was told by staff that 15 cars can be service at a time and have seperate section for body repairs and also an Oven for those painting jobs. The interaction with staff and the Workshop Manager Mr Ashish Shinde was very cordial. I am looking forward to a good relationship with the dealer.
Hope this information helps.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:29   #1556
BHPian

Guys, am back in Chennai, in top shape - both man & machine. More details to follow during the day.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:59   #1557
Senior - BHPian

ownership report:
Completed 1000 km today exactly after a month on my White Fiesta SXI,
filled around 80 lt of petrol (with 4-5 lt given by dealer)

It is a good experience, the main thing which i love in my fiesta is the beautiful turning radius, it just turns from the narrowest of the ends and revolves great, it seems that i am driving a santro or may be a nano, it does not kills like any other sedan,

the car was comfortable enogh, my family liked my decision of going for fiesta rather than City and SX4,
it is a good car, a highly recommended one (but wont suggest much as i do not want to make it a common conveyor like marutis)
Old 25th January 2010, 10:05   #1558
Senior - BHPian

I took my car for it's maiden highway drive yesterday. The car is too good at taking curves at high speed. It could hold it's line when almost every other vehicle was drifting or braking hard on the curves. As I was cruising along, I ran into this. The birthplace of the Fiesta. It is situated on 'Henry Ford Road'.
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn2322-50.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn2321-50.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn2323-50.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn2324-50.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-dscn2325-50.jpg  

Old 25th January 2010, 10:14   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
:
It is a good experience, the main thing which i love in my fiesta is the beautiful turning radius, it just turns from the narrowest of the ends and revolves great, it seems that i am driving a santro or may be a nano, it does not kills like any other sedan,

the car was comfortable enogh, my family liked my decision of going for fiesta rather than City and SX4,
it is a good car, a highly recommended one (but wont suggest much as i do not want to make it a common conveyor like marutis)
I completely agree with @ruchirtnt with the fact that Fiesta does have a fantastic turning radius which was justified the other day when a Verna could not park in the space in the parking lot which Fiesta easily did. Also was recently reprimanded by family (wifey+parents) for running Fiesta the same way I used to run my Santro. But my son simply loves I way the zip through leaving some well known cars behind. He is just two and a half and easily identifies Ford Fiesta whenever he sees one. Maybe I should start my sucession planning right away LOL.
I am being selfish in not recommending Fiesta to anyone in my bldg complex or relatives since I want my Fiesta to be unique and adored one.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:13   #1560
Senior - BHPian

right @ghodlur, that is also what i think for not recommending it any one but people are smart enough to buy by themselves, mostly i used to see fiesta diesel only on road and the fiesta SXI & S model are rarest to find, i have found a single S and a single SXi in my last 2-3 months road watch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks