Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 10:59   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Very true. The last time I went to Goa, I had no soda-water mix for 1.5days since I was the designated driver. Didn't miss much though, prefer driving any time over soda-water mix!! Wonder what the is the level of police checking there, with almost all the tourist there being a bit high always.
+
So inorder to enjoy your driving on your Fiesta in Goa, you sacrificed you soda mix? Next time you better go by bus/train/air and sleep on soda=water mix and let your Fiesta take rest in your home
Old 20th January 2010, 11:10   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
++
You should have asked the dealer to get a temp registration and with that you could have taken the delivery of the car . ( I think you have one month validity for this temp.registration?) . I have seen many cars running with the board's like 'For Registration', 'Registered' etc and once you get the final Registration theny you can fix the number plate.
was it not possible in your place?
Nairrk, can you remember one of my last posts where I had said they are demanding Rs. 5000 for the temp. registration? I was telling all these when I was narrating the story about the dealer's margin money. So no way, I am asking them to do the temp registration.

It is West Bengal, nairrk. Things does not happen in the way people want them to be (obviously with few exceptions).
Old 20th January 2010, 11:35   #1488
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh

Yes, I do remember but I was under the impression that you can do some arrangements with RTO directly or any agents who roam around there (you can locate such people in all RTO offices!).
(I doubt, they may be pruposily delaying your registration,because you negotiated on the rate/service charges etc with the dealer?)

Anyway, it is very bad to know that one has to wait about a month to get the car registered and delivered
Old 20th January 2010, 13:24   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I did this stupid thing this morning. ........... increased the speed, and the next thing i heard was the sound of metal kissing
Ouch! How big is the dent? Paint got rubbed off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
220/- bucks (screenwash liquid,on my insistence, since I used this a lot while driving in the evenings 70/- + water wash/vacuum 150/-).

One thing I forgot to mention. Somewhere before Vijaywada, I encountered heavy rains for almost 20 mins in the eve. Even the wiper at the highest speed was useless. Moreover, while using the wipers, it creates a thin water film layer on the windscreen, which actually worsens the visibility. Have u guys used any special liquid/treatment on the glasses which can reduce this thin layer effect?
Rs220 is a bit too much for the wash fluid. With regard to the this layer forming on the windscreen, there is nothing much you can do about it. I've faced that and especially at nights it a huge problem. A lot of people say its all about balancing the inside and outside temperature etc. But, till date I've been unsuccessful. Have tried glass cleaning liquids like Collin, but no help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
So inorder to enjoy your driving on your Fiesta in Goa, you sacrificed you soda mix? Next time you better go by bus/train/air and sleep on soda=water mix and let your Fiesta take rest in your home
Goa is being planned for the last one year. But no execution!!
Old 20th January 2010, 14:30   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I did this stupid thing this morning. Was stuck behind a slow moving tanker on the fast lane. As i had to take a U-turn near the signal i continued with patience behind the truck without going to the left side of it. After some time don't know what came to me, decided to overtake him from the left.

When i had crossed him from the left realised i might overshoot the junction, so put the indicator and started moving to the right, expecting the truck guy to slow down a bit.

But he was in a hurry to beat the signal and had actually increased the speed, and the next thing i heard was the sound of metal kissing
+

Sorry to hear this incident.
Always to be careful when driving side by side or behind of a truck or a tanker because they dont respect anyone especially the smaller vehicles.
They normally dont oblige road mannerism, never like to put indicator or give hand signal, no tail lamps, overtake recklessly etc etc.

How big is the dent?
Old 20th January 2010, 14:49   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Rs220 is a bit too much for the wash fluid. With regard to the this layer forming on the windscreen, there is nothing much you can do about it. I've faced that and especially at nights it a huge problem. A lot of people say its all about balancing the inside and outside temperature etc. But, till date I've been unsuccessful. Have tried glass cleaning liquids like Collin, but no help.
220/- means 70/- for the solution & 150 of vehicle wash/vacuuming. Since it was not treated as 1st service, washing was chargeable.

Regarding the layer on the windscreen issue, please note that fog/mist formation can be easily taken care of with the defogger operation of the A/C..this is a separate issue where the water layer sticks to the glass, the wiper cannot get rid of it properly. I try to reduce this situation with turning the blower to 4 with full hot air directed towards the windscreen..the problem reduces slightly but inside becomes unbearable with hot air.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:19   #1492
Senior - BHPian

@sanjay

Rs.150 for washing/vaccuming seems very reasonable.

@unni.

This is what ford recommends how to Defog the windsheild

=set control knob to windshield position
=select fresh air mode
=set the knob in maximum hot position for quick defogging
=set the knob in max blower speed
=switch on the A/C (to dehumidify the air)

Once you see the defogging is completed, the controls can be adjusted
as per your like.
Try this method next time -if working good, otherwise try someother methods
Old 20th January 2010, 15:25   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
220/- means 70/- for the solution & 150 of vehicle wash/vacuuming. Since it was not treated as 1st service, washing was chargeable.

Regarding the layer on the windscreen issue, please note that fog/mist formation can be easily taken care of with the defogger operation of the A/C..this is a separate issue where the water layer sticks to the glass, the wiper cannot get rid of it properly. I try to reduce this situation with turning the blower to 4 with full hot air directed towards the windscreen..the problem reduces slightly but inside becomes unbearable with hot air.
I have noticed this only once in my Fiesta. This is when the car was just a week old and it was raining heavily here. In my initial days, I used to turn the vents towards the roof or close them when I used to get cold. I believe this was causing the water film. Then I learnt to ALWAYS keep the vents open and pointed straight and away from the windshield and use the thermostat to control the temp. I have not seen the water film ever since I started following this. I did drive through another month of rain without any problems.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:37   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
.........I used to turn the vents towards the roof or close them when I used to get cold. I believe this was causing the water film..
I have never seen or faced such an issue till today neither in the Middle East nor Indian rain. What kind of film you guys are discussing here ? Is it a 2D or 3D ?
Old 20th January 2010, 16:03   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have never seen or faced such an issue till today neither in the Middle East nor Indian rain. What kind of film you guys are discussing here ? Is it a 2D or 3D ?
You can possibly re-create this scenario during rains by closing 3 out of the 4 vents, setting the thermostat to its coldest setting and pointing the 4th open vent to the roof or the windshield. This will cause massive fogging of the windshield and the water film too if the conditions are right.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:15   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the suggestion, If I ever feel like watching a film in the Fiesta, I would rather fix a roof LCD screen and upgrade my HU to a Audio/Video player than checking my luck in the heavy rains !!!
Old 20th January 2010, 16:33   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion, If I ever feel like watching a film in the Fiesta, I would rather fix a roof LCD screen and upgrade my HU to a Audio/Video player than checking my luck in the heavy rains !!!
+
haha..dont give ideas as such (fixing a roof LCD screen to view films(?)
and you will get plenty of queries immediately-
Old 20th January 2010, 16:49   #1498
Senior - BHPian

My 2nd service is fixed for Friday, 22nd Jan, ODO is just 3100 so far. I got few messages from the dealer about some discounted offer on leather seats, has anyone gone for that offer ? I dont have the budget for that now, therefore didnt bother to call up for details.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:06   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 2nd service is fixed for Friday, 22nd Jan, ODO is just 3100 so far. I got few messages from the dealer about some discounted offer on leather seats, has anyone gone for that offer ? I dont have the budget for that now, therefore didnt bother to call up for details.
+
May be he is trying to dispose the old stocks to you?

In anycase you already have stanley leather seats on your car? isnt it?
Old 20th January 2010, 17:22   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Not really. Yajaman is the one who got the stanley installed in his fiesta for close to 15k. I would prefer the same but not before March. Currency count has gone to pitiable low level in my bank and house after the Goa exploitation !! Need a breathing time of atleast 3 months.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks