Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 14:25   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
HI Nair,

10K for Vinyl leather seats are on a higher side I guess. I liked that door scuff. did you get it from the dealer.

I have posted my one year ownership report with my fiesta here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...12-months.html
+
Have seen your report -nice (given my reply in your thread itself).

Vinyl Leather - Fords original price is 10500/- but got some reduction
at the end. I have taken all accessories from the Ford dealer(because
the service manual says that ''every Ford accessory installed according to the ford installation provisions comes with the full Ford warranty''), so that
if something goes wrong, I can fight with them.

Yes, the door scuff also from Ford.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:30   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Congrats on your new buy, where is the Ownership thread

Added your name to the list, will post the new full list in a while after few more updates, don't want to spam the thread with very long list of users, rather posting the summary.

1.) 1.4 EXI --> 4

2.) 1.4 ZXI --> 3

3.) 1.4 SXI --> 5

5.) 1.6 EXI --> None

6.) 1.6 ZXI --> 12

7.) 1.6 SXI --> 12

8.) 1.6 S --> 14

9.) No Info --> 5
-------------------
Total --------> 55
-------------------

Version Wise
1.) EXI --> 04

2.) ZXI --> 15

3.) SXI --> 17

4.) 00S --> 14

5.) No Info --> 5
++

please add one more:

anumod -- 1.4 (TDCi) - SXi

Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 15:55   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@nura

Keep pressing the knob for few seconds - you will see the trip meter comes to '0'
Try it now?
Thanks. Will try tomorrow, when I fill up petrol.
BTW, I am using Speed from Bharat Petroleum. Is that ok? The manual recommends mixing something with the petrol but I am not doing that.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:15   #139
Senior - BHPian

I too have been using SPEED from HP and IOC (no system G).
(I have checked with my dealer also and he said it is okay- most of his customers
are using SPEED fuel only )
Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 16:21   #140
BHPian

Nairrk
The leather vinyl seat covers that you have got installed in your pretty car do not have the smooth finish they otherwise have in the Normal Sxi version. No offence to your car in any way just that I have the Sxi model and the finishing is better. I will try and put up the photos to explain the difference, so that you can catch hold of the dealer
Old 11th November 2009, 16:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
Nairrk
The leather vinyl seat covers that you have got installed in your pretty car do not have the smooth finish they otherwise have in the Normal Sxi version. No offence to your car in any way just that I have the Sxi model and the finishing is better. I will try and put up the photos to explain the difference, so that you can catch hold of the dealer
+

I know that. The one comes with SXi (stock seat cover) is different as that is fixed on the seat,whereas the accessory seat cover is just put on top of the fabric stock seat. So it will not be the same fitness as it comes originaly on sxi variant. And the quality also not the same (dealer never confirmed that they will give identical seatcover of SXi variant).
Old 11th November 2009, 17:25   #142
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, i got my Fiesta S- Aquarius today! Will open up a thread shortly. The service advisor specifically asked me to fill up only normal unleaded petrol. He said that additives used in speed etc end up doing more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Remind you that most of the ZXi's are only on name(variant) sake, but upgraded to all features like SXi or even better ..
There is one crucial thing that a ZXI can't be upgraded to which is the airbags. You get it only on the SXi and S.

Last edited by Gilead : 11th November 2009 at 17:40.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:48   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There is one crucial thing that a ZXI can't be upgraded to which is the airbags. You get it only on the SXi and S.
Congrats on the S man!! happy driving!!

sorry about the OT here but about the airbags, well i guess it's on Shaju's list of DIY projects already!! just the question of time now for execution. a zillion balloons inflate automatically and deploy from the defogger vents on impact!!

just kidding, but agree! a life saver on high speed crashes!

Last edited by raamki : 11th November 2009 at 17:51.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, i got my Fiesta S- Aquarius today! Will open up a thread shortly. The service advisor specifically asked me to fill up only normal unleaded petrol. He said that additives used in speed etc end up doing more harm than good.

Yes, I do agree.

Anyway Congratulations on taking delivery of your 'S'
Awaiting new thread with photographs
Old 11th November 2009, 18:47   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
it's on Shaju's list of DIY projects already!! just the question of time now for execution. a zillion balloons inflate automatically and deploy from the defogger vents on impact!!!
Raamki, now you are giving me ideas for DIY ! But I would rather prefer to buy a Rs.900 Volga helmet than thinking of a balloon project ! Afterall airbags keep your head in shape, nothing else.

Now tell me one thing: You have seat belts, airbags, ABS and EBD in your S and SXI. I hear many people complain "Oh no airbags, so I dont want this variant" etc. How many people even wear seat belts while on a highway run ? If you are overcondfident of the airbags and ignore the basic seat belts, your head will be in shape (provided airbags deploy on time and you land on them), but neck bone could be broken. If its a crash sideways, airbags wont deploy and the person will be thrown around the cabin. Not scaring anyone, but thats the fact. So, start wearing the seat belts first !
Old 11th November 2009, 19:29   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Raamki, now you are giving me ideas for DIY ! But I would rather prefer to buy a Rs.900 Volga helmet than thinking of a balloon project ! Afterall airbags keep your head in shape, nothing else.
Shaju wearing a Rs 900 Volga helmet and driving through Bangalore traffic. Now thats a sight I want to see

Doesn't airbags prevent rib injuries too? I know there are curtain airbags and the works, but talking about what is available on the Fiesta.

Quote:
Now tell me one thing: You have seat belts, airbags, ABS and EBD in your S and SXI. I hear many people complain "Oh no airbags, so I dont want this variant" etc. .......... So, start wearing the seat belts first !
Very true. Seat belts can prevent a lot of injury. Wear it. I try and force my passengers to wear it as well. People hate me for it, but then.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:38   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Gilead congrats, even my service advisor told me specifically to use normal diesel and recommended to use system D.

Quote:
How many people even wear seat belts while on a highway run ? If you are overcondfident of the airbags and ignore the basic seat belts, your head will be in shape (provided airbags deploy on time and you land on them), but neck bone could be broken. If its a crash sideways, airbags wont deploy and the person will be thrown around the cabin. Not scaring anyone, but thats the fact. So, start wearing the seat belts first !
Atleast in Fiesta airbags won't deploy if you are not wearing seat belts, as seat belts play important role in completion of sensing circuit to activate airbags in severe crash, thus airbags or no airbags seat belts are must.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not scaring anyone, but thats the fact. So, start wearing the seat belts first !
Shaju, couldnt agree more with you. Not many are even aware that airbags will not deploy if seatbelts are not worn. Now let's have a pic of you driving the Fiesta wearing a Volga helmet.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:58   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Atleast in Fiesta airbags won't deploy if you are not wearing seat belts, as seat belts play important role in completion of sensing circuit to activate airbags in severe crash, thus airbags or no airbags seat belts are must.
Seriously I didnt know about this, that means airbags are just a fancy feature for those who never use their seat belts !!! Interesting. So, SXI and S owners, please spare few seconds to buckle up before you hear that cargasmic engine roar ! Does not mean EXI and ZXI guys should complain about having no airbags but locate the seat belts and use them, preferably around your body.

There is a reason for me to say that; I was in Muscat and seat belts are compulsary by rule, failing which would get you a ticket for OMR 10 (equal to Rs.1200 as of today). Cops are very smart, they always have patrolling throughout the main routes either in Hi-Fi bikes or their cars. They can spot the seat belt position from far behind (through the gap of the seat and car body which will show the belt passing to driver's body), rarely they check while passing you. My funny friends used to keep the belts buckled up permanently and sit on it (belt passes to the buckle through your backbone), only to cheat the cops.

Unni and Gilead; If Narayan Karthikeyan can wear a helmet and drive around, offcourse we can. LOL

Last edited by shajufx : 11th November 2009 at 19:59.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:25   #150
BHPian

me neither, a neat feature if it's really programmed that way. so, if a person who hasn't bucked up were to be involved in a hard impact crash and if the airbags were to deploy, the chances of that person coming out alive is probably very less then, maybe the airbag would act as a killer rather than save his life!

the seat belt holds you back in forward motion, and the airbag deploys just in time to prevent the driver from smashing into the steering column, thus saving his head and life.

so yeah, please please fasten up while driving! and if you're a Karthikeyan fan just like shaju is, wear a helmet too!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed