Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 12:07   #391
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK electrical gremlins were never an issue with tata cars( there should be electrical stuff in the first place ) . I havent seen evidence of it in any of the long terms reports
Old 27th October 2009, 12:30   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkborah View Post
Quality of interiors makes me draw a comparison to Chinese mobiles flooding the market, they give you everything for 3000 INR, but how well these will work after a month or two of owning the phone remains to be seen. But a Rs. 3000 Nokia will have absolutely nothing, yet will continue to work well after 3-4 years of abuse.
well i agree with you on almost all points you have raised. but i would like to disagree here.

i have been using a chinese phone for the last 1 and half year and it has been trouble free. and i am not the lone case. lot of my friends have too.

and nokia or other branded stuff, i have seen people complaining after 6 months.

seems like perceptions are biased and are based on a lot of hearsay, most of which is a propaganda.

yes i agree that TATA's interiors are not on par, but we should also be thinking of whether is it worth for the money we pay.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:36   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
AFAIK electrical gremlins were never an issue with tata cars( there should be electrical stuff in the first place ) . I havent seen evidence of it in any of the long terms reports
ha ha ha so very true, but things have changed my friend with tata now does offers electrical gremlins with their new cars.
I dont know did anyone notice this but when i checked manza, most disappointment was with its door grab handles inside, which felt too lose with window switches, like what if some elderly people grabs this with their weight to get inside or outside and what if it falls, infact right then when i stepped outside checked my V2's handles and seemed pretty good fitted and not felt loose like filmsy feel.

Last edited by vijaythacker : 27th October 2009 at 12:38.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:44   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
P.S- My wife fell in love with huge dimensions of this car. She said Manza has a richer feel than Linea. When i spoke about interior plastic quality, paint quality and all she rubbished it as she didnt find any visible difference! Expect more housewifes to join Manza bandwagon as they think size of the car deteremines status symbol and if it comes cheap nothig like it!
Frankly, if you are comparing Manza and Linea in terms of paint quality, you should not find any difference unless, it is subconcious thats playing on you. Both the car use same paint shop at Ranjangaon facility.

Believe it or not, where fire broke out in Mercedez India facilities few years back, they used Tata Paint Shop located at Bhosari to paint their cars, which was also used for Indica. Did any one raise fingers on Mercedez at any point of time in this forum for the paint quality of Mercedez? Its all about preconcieved notions and mindset.

Not that I am saying Indica paintshop is THE BEST in the world and can be compared with Porsche or Ferrari Paint shop, but, to me, its one of the best in India scenario. My almost 7 year old Indica shines as good as, if not better, than my 10 month old i10.

About Plastics,as some has already said, very subjective to the individual's perspective. You must be right by your perspective.

takecare and drive safely
Old 27th October 2009, 12:59   #395
BHPian

Personally I did not like the booth, but the front is good like the Vista but the rear is simply pathetic looking.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:52   #396
Senior - BHPian

Now Tata needs to work overtime on improving the After Sales Service. One reason people ( private car owners ) avoid Tata cars is the quality ( or lack of it) of service provided by TASS. I own an Indica which is over 5 yers old and has clocked 90K . However, the thought of visiting TASS even for routine service scares me stiff.

If this one factor is fixed, we will surely see more Tata cars in private hands.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:58   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
I got a chance to check out the car earlier today and in plain words, it looks horrible. Sure this is Tata's best effort and the interior is quite spacious for a mid-segment car but the exterior looks completely out of proportions and mismatched. It seems that Tata (or whoever designed this car) grafted two different designs in front of the A and behind the C pillars. And no alloys? Come on Tata, this ain't 1983. Overall, it doesn't get the Fugly award ahead of the DZire (I sat in one last week, oh the horror!!) but I think most educated buyers would choose a Verna, Linea or Fiesta instead.
Buddy don't you think looks are largely subjective. However I too feel the boot could be designed better. Still, the VFM factor can just not be ruled out. No car is giving out as many goodies at this price... anyways looks are not the sole factor - at least not in India yet - plenty of ugly cars have sold reasonably & more. Unless it's as shoddy as the versa

Linea, Verna, Fiesta etc could be much more refined, but the price is steeper. Not to mention spare parts cost... correct me if i'm wrong...
Old 27th October 2009, 14:34   #398
Senior - BHPian

Preconceived notions

Quote:
Frankly, if you are comparing Manza and Linea in terms of paint quality, you should not find any difference unless, it is subconcious thats playing on you. Both the car use same paint shop at Ranjangaon facility.
Makes sense to me. But dont you think there are differences in paint itself? Do you think what paint a silver Indica uses is used on silver Mercedes if they may be painted in the same paint booth? I understand what you are trying to say, may be my notion, but silver linea parked just next to Manza looked better under the same showroom lighting. May be the design of the body makes it look richer..may be!

Quote:
About Plastics,as some has already said, very subjective to the individual's perspective. You must be right by your perspective.

takecare and drive safely
I agree on this. Sometimes even i wonder what do they mean when they talk about plastic quality. To me the tacky feel that mattered. To my wife what i showed her didnt matter.

Overall iam really impressed with this car and makes a compelling case for itself!! To me heart went with Linea, but head suggested Manza.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 27th October 2009 at 14:36.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:44   #399
BHPian

Good product. Had a TD yesterday and looks a very good VFM product. 3 people in my office have already booked it. We have 3 weeks of waiting period in Hyderabad.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:06   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
Personally I did not like the booth, but the front is good like the Vista but the rear is simply pathetic looking.
Still trying to find the 'booth' in the brochure
Looks are subjective as i liked the rear(reminded me of cadillac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Good product. Had a TD yesterday and looks a very good VFM product. 3 people in my office have already booked it. We have 3 weeks of waiting period in Hyderabad.
Buddy by now you must know we t-bhpians wants an elaborate review rather than just mention of TD. So share your experience

Is the TD available in most places cos in ours its still not available.

The most disappointing thing for me was closing of doors. The 'thud' of Linea,Punto is sorely missed in Manza.

Last edited by harry10 : 27th October 2009 at 15:07.
Old 27th October 2009, 16:01   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Dud, do you really think Tata Motors and Tata Steel are one company ? For the longest time, Tata Steel was not even into automotive steel and Telco had chosen to source from elsewhere.
Not sure, but either ways they put too much steel in their cars.

[quote=jaaz;1549172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
A few pointers for TATA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post

3. If you are getting the cars designed in Italy, please ,make sure the end product does not look like an overnight design job. (vista and the manza and all the others).
4. wake up and listen to your customers.
__________________________________________________ ___________

There are Cars and that too Luxury Cars which are more uglier than Manza ( In Other Countries ). But in Today's world Practicality is given more importance than the Design. Everybody criticised BMW, a decade back, for their styling (Bungle - I guess). Today it has become benchmark.

I'm not a supporter of TATA Products, but you seem to be following your heart than Head!!
There are way ugly cars in other countries but it does not mean we shoud be happy with what we get, trust me im following my head and heart, the amount of money/effort/ time etc. that TATA spent on this project, the end result is crap. I know because I am an auto industry professional myself.
Practicality is important but the first selling point is always the design, thats wat attaacts you to clothes, cars, houses and everything else. Design has a very big part in all of this, practicality is also a part of design.(where to put cup holders, where to place buttons etc. is all design.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well i guess looks are subjective and practically is looked before that , and it varies from person to person, even dzire looks ugly to many and cool and good to many, so what needs to look out is how practical the car is, space,features quality the car offers at what price.Even xylo was talked ugly and grew up eventually on many people.Moreover seems a win win situation for tata with manza.Improved quality with good diesel motor and loads of space.
XYLO is still hideous, the only reason these cars sell in india is cos people are happy driving pieces of metal as long as this got a lower price point. However i still give 4 out of 5 to the xylo interiors, exteriors get a zero. I agree to the point that design is subjective to person to person but there has to be a decent bench mark (something the Indian companies have failed to set time and again.)

As far as space, features and quality are concerned, please compare a 5 lakh car in the Indian market and the one abroad. Same price point but major difference in Design, Practicality, Space, you name it.

In the end all I am saying is, there is so much to offer and people here are settling for less and make do efforts form the manufactures. Which is wrong and annoying to see our domestic marked being filled with crap.

Note from Team BHP
Use bold, underline and italics to make a point.
Not a complete post.
Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 27th October 2009 at 16:07. Reason: Removed Bold, Underline and Italics
Old 27th October 2009, 17:19   #402
BHPian

Booking my car tomorrow. Guys help me, Satin Gold or Black.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:02   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Booking my car tomorrow. Guys help me, Satin Gold or Black.
I do not know much about these things. But my guess is that black age faster than Gold colour.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:13   #404
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep the quality of paint differs between cars but most in the same segment use paint with more or less the same properties. (there are a few exceptions (like the two tone paint once used on the Palio).

The Paint booth of TATA Manza is fine enought and fiat uses the same. Linea may look better with the same colour eg silver due to the shape and the shade of silver rather than the way the paint is sprayed or the quality of the paint.

Electical issues were always a part of the high end TATA vehicles (like the safari) which had features that did fail at times. But this is only getting improved and better with time.

Plastic quality of the Manza is fine enough for the segment. What bothers me amound the entry segement cars is doors that shut like tin boxes and atleast the TATA vehicles shut in a more resounding manner.

The Manza effort needs to be appreciated, hope the people of India seen the car in the correct light.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:22   #405
BHPian

Folks,

Anybody had a TD of the petrol version of Manza ? I am seriously looking at Manza with Fiesta, Linea and Verna as competition.

With the 6.2 L Bangalore OTR price tag - Aura ABS, having almost all features of the top end variant Aura+ (without airbags, Electric ORVM control and few other fancy features), it is irrestible to go for it - Superb VFM product. The reason I am looking at the competition is for longer term reliability of Manza VS other cars. Though TATA has far more service centers compared to other cars as above, the A.S.S. is again a question mark.

Also the launch event showcased an alloy-wheeled Manza, whereas I dont see alloy-wheel option in any of the variants as posted in the TATA web site.

I personally inspected the Manza diesel Aura version for interior as well as exterior features. One will never complain of features (or rather lack of them) except some, like automatic climate control, a dead pedal etc.

One more strange thing I observed is the external temperature meter which was showing 35 Deg C, when it was a pleasant evening in Bangalore. Anybody else has observed the same ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks