Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:28   #331
BHPian

I had a second look at Manza yesterday. The first time i looked at it was on the day it was launched. To check the leg room, I sat in the rear seat and closed the door. The door didnt close properly and had to slam it again. For a moment I fiddled with the door locks(Just locked and unlocked it a couple of times). I did this because the lock knob did not rest properly and I didnt feel like i locked the door.
Thats it. I wasnt able to unlock the door. I had to signal my fiance going around to car to open the door. Sales people were least bothered and I dont think they would even bother to bat an eye lid if I were to drive that car out of the showroom.
Tata Sir..Please raise the levels of your customer service.It is going below sea level...
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:30   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yeah Maruti's take on the BS4 issue is something even I was thinking about.

Yeah, car's performance is not a direct reflection of its engine that is why I posted that Dzire petrol is relatively better driver's car. And of course its all that weight and to some extent gearing that blunts the performance of most of the TATA petrol cars.

Ofcourse, Manza is a bigger and considerably heavier car and the point behind my last post was that due to all that weight the 'newer' 1.4 wont give Manza an edge in performance and (maybe) efficiency over dzire's old 1.3 petrol unit. And ofcourse, my post had more to do with the characteristics of the cars than the engines.
The Dzire's petrol unit is going to be replaced , in the newer BS4 Swifts and Dzires with the 84bhp 1.2 unit from the Splash/Ritz.That's the plan as of now.Just hearsay but it makes sense I guess.The Swift engine is too old to continue now..dosen't make business sense overall with such more modern engines around.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:39   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
The Dzire's petrol unit is going to be replaced , in the newer BS4 Swifts and Dzires with the 84bhp 1.2 unit from the Splash/Ritz.That's the plan as of now.Just hearsay but it makes sense I guess.The Swift engine is too old to continue now..dosen't make business sense overall with such more modern engines around.

OFF TOPIC-Yeah, sure makes more sense. What is more sensible and exciting (for us bhpians atleast) is that Maruti should plonk that 1.6 with VVT from SX4 and then I may pardon MSIL for sticking that ugly boot on the exciting looking swift.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:45   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I had a second look at Manza yesterday. The first time i looked at it was on the day it was launched. To check the leg room, I sat in the rear seat and closed the door. The door didnt close properly and had to slam it again. For a moment I fiddled with the door locks(Just locked and unlocked it a couple of times). I did this because the lock knob did not rest properly and I didnt feel like i locked the door.
Thats it. I wasnt able to unlock the door. I had to signal my fiance going around to car to open the door. Sales people were least bothered and I dont think they would even bother to bat an eye lid if I were to drive that car out of the showroom.
Tata Sir..Please raise the levels of your customer service.It is going below sea level...
Hey that was hilarious, getting locked in a TD car..
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:46   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Hey that was hilarious, getting locked in a TD car..

Yeah! Was the child lock activated??
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:52   #336
BHPian

I visited Concorde yesterday and had a look at the Display Manza..This is almost as big and comfortable as a Corolla.Definitely almost as much space as an Optra at least.The front kind of looks disproportionate, but the quality of the finished product is truly world class.The door knobs , the steering and the controls looked really good.And have you seen the feature list ? I found the Aura ABS to be the one with the perfect VFM.I don't remember the diesel price(will post it later) but this version is about 6.22 L OTR Bangalore.Awesome car for such a price.Compare that with the Limited Edition Fiesta which is about 6.74 OTR Bangalore for a stripped down version without fog lamps even.Of course the engine is about 11 bhp more (what bhpians care about ) but that really dosen't make so much of a difference on open highways.The anonymous tester earlier on in this thread had logged an actual 170kmph on the indigo.I tried checking out on the Fiesta petrol and it looks like the top speed is in the region of 175 kph..That's all the difference works out too.I don't think that's a major purchasing decision considering the price (my opinion only!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Is this the first comprehensive professional review online? - Man-size - Indigo Manza - First Drive : Overdrive

We don't want team-bhp to lag behind!!
This review sucks.Maruti's got something to do with it.The Dzire STILL getting praised..heavens!I don't know why people go to ridiculous lengths to praise MUL which has next to nothing in terms of R&D. It's a baby compared with Tata 's R&D setup.This is the pits man.Moto journos in India really are a sorry lot.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd October 2009 at 17:19. Reason: See note in post.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:12   #337
sps
BHPian

Yet to see one in flesh.

Does the Manza's back has something in common with the earlier indigo. By looking at the pictures I felt that, the straight line cut on top of the boot is exactly similar to that of the earlier Indigo.

Overall the VFM on offer is truly amazing
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:14   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yeah! Was the child lock activated??
Well. If a door locks when its slammed i think its a wild lock.
Anyways, all my dreams of Manza came down shattering due to the shabby service. If a newly launched manza has this respect, imagine the orderal of the propsective buyer of a Punto or Linea. Its hard to see Fiat being flushed down through Tata's drain along with whatever is there in the Tata showroom...
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:32   #339
Senior - BHPian

dude, those are 15" ers! no others cars in its price range have em!
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:35   #340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
dude, those are 15" ers! no others cars in its price range have em!
Yeah greenhorn but stil don't they look small when seen from a distance?
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:14   #341
Senior - BHPian

So which car is going to be in direct competition with Manza - Dzire?or someone else?Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:23   #342
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
So which car is going to be in direct competition with Manza - Dzire?or someone else?Thanks
Its none other than the dZire, Which is surely going to face sleepless nights!
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:25   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
Yeah greenhorn but stil don't they look small when seen from a distance?
Well, an elephant would pretty small from a distance too

15" are 15-inchers and those are pretty good as standard fitment and look ok on the Manza. I did not expect it to be shod with 16" tyres. Atleast it isn't under-tyred in stock spec like most MUL cars.
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:29   #344
BHPian

Awesome... i like the manza and people are appreciating the diwali gift that TATA has offered. Well we can sit and discuss endlessly about the nooks of the car coz that applies to every car ! But it all boils down to what you pay and what you get for it.. in that respec Manza scores over all other cars in the c-segment..
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:36   #345
BHPian

thatz right. The wait has borne the fruit. planning to book a petrol Aura(ABS) by next week. Confused about the colour, Red or Black. It's so hard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks