Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 06:49   #316
BHPian

Is this the first comprehensive professional review online? - Man-size - Indigo Manza - First Drive : Overdrive

We don't want team-bhp to lag behind!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 06:50   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
By one logic, Dezire sales are not going to get affected, because Waiting period of the car is going to come down, and hence people who were deterred by the waiting list will now book and wait.

And in the same logic, people who go flock to the showroom to check out the new tata will see the Linea in the corner(obviously while waiting for the 200-300 metre test drive of manza) and may eventually end up booking it.

Hence dezire, manza, linea are all going to sell well and all that credit goes to the tata manza.

And fiat? Well, fiat will have their cash box ringing with royalties from suzuki and the JV share from tata.

Maybe that was the actual plan. To do automobile business succesfully without even an own service centre.
I though FIAT sold their Multijet technology to Suzuki during their financial crisis?
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:21   #318

The review says the Manza has drive-by-wire technology which means "the driver input through the accelerator pedal is just one of the factors that decide the output from the engine."
is that such a good thing? shouldn't the driver have complete control over what the car does?
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:55   #319
Senior - BHPian

Waiting Periods for new vehicles

ET Reports quoting a Tata Fiat Dealership "Fiat Linea's lower and mid end variants like Active and Dynamic do not have waiting periods, though Emotion, which is a high-end version costing almost a lakh more than any of the base variants has a one-month waiting period"

Looks like people are willing to pay more for the goodies or is it because prospective customers of lower range are waiting for the Tata Manza?. Tata could introduce a higher end version of Manza with Leather Interiors, GPS Navigation and Premium sound. Any idea when bookings for Manza will begin?

Read Full article Planning to buy car? Long waiting period may play dampener- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:04   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumujumdar View Post
The review says the Manza has drive-by-wire technology which means "the driver input through the accelerator pedal is just one of the factors that decide the output from the engine."
is that such a good thing? shouldn't the driver have complete control over what the car does?

Isnt it a good thing the car's electronic system can take into account the load on the vehicle, the RPM it is in, the gear it is in and then take into account the accelerator inputs and do some intelligent Fuel handling. I hope it does all the math properly

If you are good enough to have a perfect balance of gear + RPM + accelerator input the system will only supplement it without harming it.

I feel it is a good thing to have.

Last edited by muni : 23rd October 2009 at 11:06.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:06   #321
Senior - BHPian

i did checked out manza at Cargo motors, Ahmedabad.Looks big and huge.Overall quality is much better till now offered in Manza.Acres of space inside the car.Was not impressed with door handles inside as well as outside, loose and filmsy.My V2 handles are fitted much properly and doesnt feel loose to get broken.Thigh support is good from seats.Steering mounted controls are good provision but switches feels too small to use and filmsy.Got a call from Pune Tata motors for test drive and local dealer would call within 48 hours.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:14   #322
BHPian

My hometown dealer said they had the diesel for TD but I had to wait for one more week for a petrol TD. Don't want to book before TD. Would Red look better or Black?
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:07   #323
BHPian

I walked into one of the Tata's dealership yesterday while waiting for a friend, didnt drive the Manza but for sure can comment on the looks and the build quality, the looks are not bad at all, infact looks far better then the Dzire and the Logan, it is more or less the same size as the SX4, build quality, the dash and the plastics looked a tad better then Tata's own standards, the door closed with a thud, the car is roomy, even on the back seats. Overall the car is good and deserves a test drive if one is out looking for a sedan. "Way to go Tata's", Keep it up and I hope you do one better on the Xover.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:40   #324
BANNED

Zappo - Thanks for the suggestions. The excuse sales guy has been using for not giving VIN is that the vehicle can have issues / get damaged en route and they would prefer it being checked out on locally in concorde after receiving it and only then share details.

BTW, got invited to launch party in HYD tomorrow evening in Novatel. Good to go?
I feel like I have learnt everything about the car in the discussions here on TBHP

cheers,
Vijay
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:18   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
By one logic, Dezire sales are not going to get affected, because Waiting period of the car is going to come down, and hence people who were deterred by the waiting list will now book and wait.
I would say that one compromise on Dezire was internal space.
And this is where Manza leaps ahead.
Rest most of the features are more or less the same. Or may be inching towards Manza as it is a newer car.

So predictably, Dezire sales would get affected. We can see the impact in December sales results when rush of festival sales is over.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:49   #326
xPK
BHPian

Hey GTO, are you around?
We are still waiting.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:56   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
I would say that one compromise on Dezire was internal space.
And this is where Manza leaps ahead.
Rest most of the features are more or less the same. Or may be inching towards Manza as it is a newer car.

So predictably, Dezire sales would get affected. We can see the impact in December sales results when rush of festival sales is over.
Its much more than just internal space. One of the biggest feather in the cap for Manza are the engines on offer. The Dzire has the old 1.3L (esteem era) petrol & the 1.3L DDIS (FGT) engine. On the other hand Manza has the newer 1.4L petrol & the 1.3L (VGT) engine. Also the price point is going to be a pain point whilst selecting the higher versions of the Dzire.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:02   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
. The Dzire has the old 1.3L (esteem era) petrol & the 1.3L DDIS (FGT) engine. On the other hand Manza has the newer 1.4L petrol & the 1.3L (VGT) engine. Also the price point is going to be a pain point whilst selecting the higher versions of the Dzire.

Yes, Manza does have the VGT.
But talking about the petrol, despite manza having a 'newer' engine it should be an easy guess which is a more driver friendly car. Also in all probability Dzire petrol should be more efficient of the two as well.
I guess older engine with better performance and efficiency is better than a 'newer' engine that has little to offer other than the 'newness'.

Moreover, I certainly can see the price point of Manza being as much as a pain-point as that of Dzire's while selecting the top end versions.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:12   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yes, Manza does have the VGT.
But talking about the petrol, despite manza having a 'newer' engine it should be an easy guess which is a more driver friendly car. Also in all probability Dzire petrol should be more efficient of the two as well.
I guess older engine with better performance and efficiency is better than a 'newer' engine that has little to offer other than the 'newness'.
But will the Maruti engine meet BS4? Wouldn't it be an issue once BS4 comes into picture?

Moreover, the performance of the car is not a direct reflection on the engine. It could be different gearing priorities, higher weight etc. Manza is simply a bigger car and weighs more.

Last edited by Trapezio : 23rd October 2009 at 15:14.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:20   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
But will the Maruti engine meet BS4? Wouldn't it be an issue once BS comes into picture?

Moreover, the performance of the car is not a direct reflection on the engine. It could be different gearing priorities, higher weight etc. Manza is simple a bigger car and weighs more.

Yeah Maruti's take on the BS4 issue is something even I was thinking about.

Yeah, car's performance is not a direct reflection of its engine that is why I posted that Dzire petrol is relatively better driver's car. And of course its all that weight and to some extent gearing that blunts the performance of most of the TATA petrol cars.

Ofcourse, Manza is a bigger and considerably heavier car and the point behind my last post was that due to all that weight the 'newer' 1.4 wont give Manza an edge in performance and (maybe) efficiency over dzire's old 1.3 petrol unit. And ofcourse, my post had more to do with the characteristics of the cars than the engines.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks