Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:39   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Your last line in the post is the only fly in the ointment. How many in Trivandrum who are Team-BHP members will have the guts to trust the TATA cars with them. You will have to drive all the way to Concorde Cochin for anything other than oil change.
Sreejith from Trivandrum will fill in the details if you ask it of him. He is coming all the way from there to Cochin for routine service.
Funny! I was thinking along the same lines. I have heard the worst dealership stories about them (even by the standards of bad experiences in tbhp). Some I got from the horse's mouth (read, one of the previous employees was a close buddy; in fact he resigned because he simply got scared)!

I am not speaking of screwed up services here. That is peanuts by their standards!

All their customers will be lashing at Tata for basically their unscrupulous business policies.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:04   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
More pix; check the ground clearance,concealed tail pipe, space with two driver & co abroad and the gorgeous lights.

Long shot pix reminds me of Peugeot.
Nice pixs ! car looks absolutely great. @ 5.74 THANE for the Aura Safire 90 , it looks plush and easily as good as anything in the 7/8 lac range. The taxi/ truck maker tag associated with the last generation of tata vehicles is finally being set to rest.The specs are good and so is the finish.
The package is extremely well designed is great VFM and for once the finish is more than upto the competetion.
Now for tata to iron out the small niggles that plague tata vehicles , and climb up in JP power ratings.
They are doing everything right , getting the best technology, improving on quality control , logistics , now its time to consolidate and improve its exisitng line.
Hope they are upto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
Watched the reviews on NDTV profit, Zee Business and CNBC overdrive.
CNBC gives an OK report

To Noisy cabin, it reminds me that the same comment was given to Grande Punto also. I wonder, which of the diesel cars have relatively quitest cabins?
The Ritz diesel is by far the most insulated car as far as diesel engine noise in concerned in the cars i have sat in. Far better than Fabia , Skoda , Elantra , Swift, vista. The Fiesta , ikon , Tata vista , Logan are much too noisier.
rITZ IS Very good indeed !

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd October 2009 at 19:07. Reason: Please come out of the habit of making back to back posts. Use the multiquote to answer multiple people at one go.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:27   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Your last line in the post is the only fly in the ointment. How many in Trivandrum who are Team-BHP members will have the guts to trust the TATA cars with them. You will have to drive all the way to Concorde Cochin for anything other than oil change.
Sreejith from Trivandrum will fill in the details if you ask it of him. He is coming all the way from there to Cochin for routine service.
lol; just wanted to thank the dealer coz they had the car for us to check out a day before the TRV launch.

Kulathungal is the only MD at TRV and they do sell a lot of cars which means they will need to service a lot of cars daily. I think this causes the a.s.s. issue with them ( but its better now as they have two a.s.s. now ). Ask about any Maruti a.s.s. here at TRV and you wont get any good review at all too !

And Concorde, I know someone there who is an expert when it comes to cars, this is a rare thing and I know some work he has done. He is one of a kind, he is Perumal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
WoW Raining Manza bookings, without TD and most of them Saffire-Petrol first time in Tata's history . It was a great move Tata, by integrating the Saffire engine.
Can we expect a petrol turbo in sub six lac segment?
I read turbo petrol? Dream on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
The package is extremely well designed is great VFM and for once the finish is more than upto the competetion.
Now for tata to iron out the small niggles that plague tata vehicles , and climb up in JP power ratings.
They are doing everything right , getting the best technology, improving on quality control , logistics , now its time to consolidate and improve its exisitng line.
Hope they are upto it.
Right,expected same when they launched Vista.This one looks better built. Plastic quality looks ok but fit and finish isnt up to the mark. At 7 lac, for this package, I would keep mum.

And Ritz or Swift, yes they have better noise insulation but that's taken care of by rattling of plastics few hundred kilometers down the lane.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:56   #304
BANNED

Called up sales guy @concorde to get updates on my booking (16th Oct). Earlier he had promised to get the vehicle within 2-3 weeks. Now he's saying that official launch in HYD is on 24th and the delivery can get delayed upto 2 months. Advance cheque of 50k got cleared on 19th itself. Loan approval process from axis is almost complete.

Also, earlier they had said it comes with blaupankt audio system, now they say it is tata's own. He has promised to get back with OEM details.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:12   #305
BHPian

Won't there be reliability issues while going for a car like manza (so soon). I had heard there were few issues with Tata's earlier products which were sorted out later.
If this is the case, shouldn't new cars come with offers or somthing close to it? ( since people take risk buying a new model)
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:22   #306
Senior - BHPian

The car as misaligned panels atop the dash (under the driver information system), big gaps between the horn pad and steering mounted controls, the plastic cover which houses the covering for USB/Aux-in jack broke off into 2 on a brand new car, the taillights are not fitted properly on the boot lining (open the boot and you will know), the speakers are from ONKYO.

Better than Dzire, yes. But better than Linea? NO. Worse, no demo cars have yet arrived at Delhi showrooms.And one salesperson says-the QJD engine is Tata's own design, not a copy of Fiat.
My mom even said that the rear looks like a modern day premier padmini.

Last edited by sidindica : 22nd October 2009 at 18:24.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:56   #307
BHPian

WOW the speakers are from Onkyo , way to go TATA.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:01   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Called up sales guy @concorde to get updates on my booking (16th Oct). Earlier he had promised to get the vehicle within 2-3 weeks. Now he's saying that official launch in HYD is on 24th and the delivery can get delayed upto 2 months. Advance cheque of 50k got cleared on 19th itself. Loan approval process from axis is almost complete.

Also, earlier they had said it comes with blaupankt audio system, now they say it is tata's own. He has promised to get back with OEM details.
Silly Salesman! (Should get job at Reliance Fresh instead of Tata Motors )

Manza does come with Blaupunkt Music System (not sure about speakers, though!) All he had to do was use his brains, open the glove box, take out the operation manual of the music player, flip to the last page and voila! there is a big logo of Blaupunkt!!!
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
WOW the speakers are from Onkyo , way to go TATA.
Yes, they are from onkyo.
How to know it? open the boot, peep inside and see what is written at the bottom of the speaker.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:30   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post

vjoy3, congrats once again on your booking. It is but bound to happen with most new bookings (new as in new launches). They are very eager to take your cheque and make all the promises but after that the cat and mouse game begins. And here I am not talking about just the Tata dealers.

However having said that, let me tell you the 2 month thing he is talking about is all bunkum. Again, a known ploy adopted by many a dealers. He will now try to put you and any other gullible buyer on a long hold while he does some brisk dealings in under-the-table moolah with others. Basically sell your car to me if I walk in tomorrow or day after and then express my desire to pay 10-15k extra to have it immediately.

Is there a way out? Well, definitely yes if you are cautious before the booking is made (read, before you pay the advance). You tell him that the deal is you will pay 50% now and for the rest 50% of the booking amount you will issue a cheque the moment he logs the booking with the manufacturers system and provides you the VIN. He may crib and cry and say not doable but I always insist that if you want my business you agree to that. Tell him that you will come with your cheque book or if they so wish even 50% booking amount in cash so that the payment happens immediately. Tell them you do it now and I pay you now, instantly. Normally they get the message. And you wil find that after that they do not do the regular circuses with you as they normally do with many others. Obviously, once they have provided the VIN to you it is very simple for you to just track it independently. In fact if the situation looks bad thereafter you can even ask the manufacturer to route your car (VIN to be quoted) to another dealership for the delivery. Most people do not know these things. But then knowledge is the power and you should always be an empowered customer, as they say, jaago grahak jaago.

As for your case, now that you have paid the advance, go and meet the sales manager at concorde. Tell him that you have paid the booking amount long back on their promise of a delivery within 2 weeks. And now it is not fair for them to tell you that it may take more than 2 months. If he does not agree to your contention or just makes placatory gestures (ok saar... we will try to deliver as early as possible) without much meaning tell him upfront that with the early booking as the one you made you expect to get the delivery from the 1st lot. And that is what you were promised (never mind whether they actually did so). So if you find out that they have started making deliveries and not honouring their commitment towards you it will not be a very nice situation and you will do everything required to rectify the situation.

Should work... In any case ask them now to provide you with the VIN of your car. If they keep dodging for more than 4 working days reach out to Tata regional sales here and let out the first barrage.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd October 2009 at 19:34.
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:02   #311
BHPian

Malik cars in Hyderabad (Banjara hills) are telling a waiting time of 3 - 4 weeks.
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:55   #312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The Vista never made a difference to Swift numbers. I expect the same with dzire. I feel it is the value seeking indigo customers who will shift to Manza. Cross shopping may affect Linea to some extent. Manza will create a niche of its own.
I half agree with you. I would prefer Swift over Vista anyday. The swift does indeed look sportier. But when it comes to booted versions of these cars, Manza looks better overall than Dzire. The boot integration is much better in Manza than Dzire. Swift looks a complete car but Dzire looks like a tail is added. Both Vista and Manza look complete cars. Also if Manza can effect Linea then it may also effect Dzire,, after all, all three cars are powered by same engine.

One strange anomaly though. Vista's speedometer is clibrated upto 200 kph whereas Manza's is upto 180. Why?

Last edited by pgsagar : 22nd October 2009 at 22:57.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:15   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I half agree with you. I would prefer Swift over Vista anyday. The swift does indeed look sportier. But when it comes to booted versions of these cars, Manza looks better overall than Dzire. The boot integration is much better in Manza than Dzire. Swift looks a complete car but Dzire looks like a tail is added. Both Vista and Manza look complete cars. Also if Manza can effect Linea then it may also effect Dzire,, after all, all three cars are powered by same engine.

One strange anomaly though. Vista's speedometer is clibrated upto 200 kph whereas Manza's is upto 180. Why?

Question itself contains the answer, I feel! Same engine and bigger/heavier car.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:49   #314
Senior - BHPian

By one logic, Dezire sales are not going to get affected, because Waiting period of the car is going to come down, and hence people who were deterred by the waiting list will now book and wait.

And in the same logic, people who go flock to the showroom to check out the new tata will see the Linea in the corner(obviously while waiting for the 200-300 metre test drive of manza) and may eventually end up booking it.

Hence dezire, manza, linea are all going to sell well and all that credit goes to the tata manza.

And fiat? Well, fiat will have their cash box ringing with royalties from suzuki and the JV share from tata.

Maybe that was the actual plan. To do automobile business succesfully without even an own service centre.

Last edited by ramzsys : 22nd October 2009 at 23:57.
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:41   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I half agree with you. I would prefer Swift over Vista anyday. The swift does indeed look sportier. But when it comes to booted versions of these cars, Manza looks better overall than Dzire.
In my opinion Vista is better than Swift in some key areas like back seat comfort, interior space and ?NVH.When I took the TD of Vista,I felt the engine more refined than our Swift Vdi.The power delivery was felt more linear in Vista than Swift.

No doubt,Manza is way ahead of Dzire in almost all aspects.Hope is built quality and TASS will compliment this great car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks