Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 15:09   #166
Senior - BHPian

Does the OEM HU support USB? Could not figure that our from the specs.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:17   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I am sure many might have noticed it. That side indicator lights located on the body just below the OVRM looks unique, safe and may be first of its kind. This location is more visible and safe from two-wheelers, especially in our City traffic conditions (bumper to bumper and OVRM to OVRM.).
Hats off to TATA Designers there...

This feature was 1st seen on the Indica Vista. I still love it & unfortunately my passenger side ORVM has been hit twice (1st time it actually broke) by careless milk van (M&M camper) drivers. Both times I was thankful that the indicator lamp was not on the ORVM.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:32   #168
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
From all the conversations going on in here and other forums, it seems everybody is quite impressed with the entire Manza package.
I was, and stay, impressed with the Vista too. Superb hatch with that 1.3 MJD under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I am sure many might have noticed it. That side indicator lights located on the body just below the OVRM looks unique, safe and may be first of its kind. This location is more visible and safe from two-wheelers, especially in our City traffic conditions (bumper to bumper and OVRM to OVRM.).
Hats off to TATA Designers there...
I did notice the position, but wasn't aware of the two wheeler safety aspect. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Wondering if there'll be a Marina Manza as well, now that the hatch and the sedan have been launched ?
As per current product mix:

- Manza takes over from the regular Indigo sedan (production discontinued)

- Indigo CS, Marina and XL continue.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:50   #169
BHPian

What is the meaning of MANZA?

What does MANZA means?
Now lets keep west (spanish, italino etc.) aside and lets go to east. To rising sun country, Japan.
In Japanese MANZA means "everything".
Dont trust me? visit following site:
Find words - Denshi Jisho
In Japnase (満座 = まんざ = Ma-n-za) manza means everything, whole assembly, the full house.
PS. I am not sure if japanese characters are visible in this forum or not? If not, Moderators do let me know how can I put them!
OK. back to topic,
If MANZA means, whole assembly (or everything) then that's what TATA's are offering in MANZA! (I accept not everything but almost many things in that price tag!).
If looked carefully, then 'ZA' kanji says "seat" that means you can relate this name to car.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:51   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I was, and stay, impressed with the Vista too. Superb hatch with that 1.3 MJD under the hood.

I did notice the position, but wasn't aware of the two wheeler safety aspect. Thanks for sharing.

As per current product mix:

- Manza takes over from the regular Indigo sedan (production discontinued)

- Indigo CS, Marina and XL continue.
Sir, you said you will soon give us a through review of Manza. I have a request If possibility, can you please record it with a handy cam and upload it to youtube ‽.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:00   #171
BHPian

With the Manza coming in, will the prices of the other (older) Indigo variants - CS, Marina & XL go southwards? It will be interesting to see how the XL will be priced or they might decide to sell it in the Taxi segment only.
Also is this the right time to look at a CS?
Old 16th October 2009, 16:05   #172
BHPian

[quote=RajaTaurus;1535300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I would rather have it in a place more common (as in the usual place) and avoid body damage than to have it a place where you would have to look for in the first place. Not that the bikers are actually looking for the trafficators. quote]
Well, I did not mean bikers would look for it. If these were part of OVRM and get banged by the bikers (And you are from Chennai and you would sure know better) and one has to pay through nose to replace.

This is not a usual location, but when the lights are blinking sure one tend to see it, especially in nights.
Haven't been behind a Vista at night so cannot really comment on the visibility aspect, but when I am slightly behind a car but to its right or left (on the bike I mean) I always tend to look to the fender for the indicator. For me the indicators on the ORVM are a costly addition. The usual place I was referring to was the fender.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:07   #173
BHPian

The Manza has started to make waves. It looks to be ture VFM deal. Spacious Interiors, nice high end options (ie steering wheel mounted controls, rear power socket). I still need to see the car in person but i am guess this Diwali weekend will be a rush, bookings will flow in.
Well Done Tata, keep up the great work.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:27   #174
BHPian

S P A C E !!

I am visiting Ahmedabad currently and checked out the Manza on display at Cargo Motors.
Most of the points have been discussed to death already and I would sum up that plastics could be a quality notch better, fabrics are superb, some knobs and switches are good to operate while some still lack the finesse expected.

The one thing that struck me the most is the space and comfort in this car.
I am 6'-2" and I first sat in the drivers seat and was very comfortable. I pushed the seat all the way back and then moved to the seat at the back and was pleasantly surprised that I fit in pretty comfortably!

Then I positioned the left front seat at a setting a person about 5'-10" might use at (guesstimates at work here!) and moved to the seat behind. This setting felt really luxurious and comfortable.

I think slugfest in this segment will be worth watching in the months to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-img00030200910151639.jpg  

Last edited by viper_711 : 16th October 2009 at 16:30.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:37   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
With the Manza coming in, will the prices of the other (older) Indigo variants - CS, Marina & XL go southwards? It will be interesting to see how the XL will be priced or they might decide to sell it in the Taxi segment only.
Also is this the right time to look at a CS?
yeah,the prices of the XL,MARINA are bound to reduce to some extent atleast.They cant keep all of them in the same bracket.

IMHO this car ,by judging from the pics atleast looks much better put together than the dzire.It remains to be seeen whether it drives as well as the dzire too.

Last edited by shantyrocks : 16th October 2009 at 16:40.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:39   #176
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It would be interesting to note which are the comparable cars for rear seat leg space?

Accord?/ Superb? or more like the Civic?/ Altis?

We know the space is a segment bigger (mentioned in one of the reivews to be more than the half segment higher Linea) but how much more?

They do not seem to require to do a XL version of this one.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:39   #177
BHPian

Reason why TATA cars are more spacious

I must add, Mr. Ratan Tata having height more than 6 feet must be personally sitting in each car model to check whether he can sit (in drivers seat and rear seat) comfortably or not? If he can then most of the Indian men can sit with ease and comfort as average height for Indian men is around 5 feet 11 inch. The criteria which makes TATA cars spacious is this.
Other car manufacturers have a chairman of Mr. Ratan Tata's personality
Old 16th October 2009, 16:41   #178
Senior - BHPian

@lalith_Ka-
Excellent post no.136.
You wrote exactly what i thought of this situation. While reading i was wondering do you read minds
Thanks and Happy Diwali to you too..
Old 16th October 2009, 16:55   #179
BHPian

Tata is again playing the more space game. Bigger the car more maintenace issues. and being diesel it makes this worse. Why cant they give a better version of Indigo CS which can be on par with City?
Old 16th October 2009, 17:41   #180
Senior - BHPian

Presenting the Cadillac for the masses Wonder what Yuvraj Singh must be feeling what is there in front of him (look at the banner positioning.)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01444.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01445.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01446.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01441.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01447.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01448.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01443.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01442.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01439.jpg  

Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-dsc01440.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 16th October 2009 at 17:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks