Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 23:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Let me say this again. But I shrieked like a girl thinking of how much fun it would be to have a BLUE S. But, sadly, it wasn't in my destiny. A white one (hmmphh!!) will do :=P
Old 15th September 2009, 00:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Let me say this again. But I shrieked like a girl thinking of how much fun it would be to have a BLUE S. But, sadly, it wasn't in my destiny. A white one (hmmphh!!) will do :=P
Dude, dont do the hmmphh! The white one looks stunning. I saw a white FiestaS today, simply got knocked off by the looks .

However, blue is the colour the 1.6S is supposed to be in and its a great choice
Old 15th September 2009, 00:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
frankie, tell you what, why don't you have the best of both colors? how about 2 streaks of lines in aquarius blue going from the front bonnet right across the car to it's back!!
Old 15th September 2009, 00:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

LOL. I love my white S. Just adding to Premjit's excitement ;-)
Aquarius is definitely the best colour on the Fiesta, though~
Old 15th September 2009, 00:15   #35
Team-BHP Support

Apart from a blue Fiat Grande Punto, the Fiesta S is the only car in India that looks brilliant when it wears white powder coated, 17" O.Z. Superleggeras. Any chance we would see them on her anytime soon?
Old 15th September 2009, 00:42   #36
BHPian

blue Fiesta was the first to hit the Fiesta TV commercials, it looks stunningggggggg
Old 15th September 2009, 09:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
With Iffco, I see that its much of a streamlined workflow at the Ganges Workshop. The other one they sell is Bajaj. But in anycase accidental parts for the S only arrives upon order from Ford. Especially since you have those rocker panel guards and the front skirting etc. So I guess you could afford the extra time that another insurance provider might demand.
@anirban da: If that is the only issue, then it seems ok to save some money. Will have a chat with these guys today to close this out. But, what are your views on the *** of Ford at Ganges Ford. Not that I have a choice, but it always makes sense to know what kinda job they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Apart from a blue Fiat Grande Punto, the Fiesta S is the only car in India that looks brilliant when it wears white powder coated, 17" O.Z. Superleggeras. Any chance we would see them on her anytime soon?
@suhaas: I was thinking a matte gold finish on the alloys would also look good ala the imprezza. Remeber seeing a photoshopped image on one of the S posts.
Old 15th September 2009, 14:41   #38
Icy

Congrats Bro ... better plan a ride and a dinner out as soon as Blue Streak arrives home.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:12   #39
BHPian

Congratz !!! Thats the right choice. Recently there have been couple of people buying this car on Team-bhp.

Its just flows while driving on highways. Very responsive and quiet engine.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:16   #40
BHPian

Ok people,

Some questions:

1. Whats a good brand for Sunfilm. Dealer is quoting Garware Sun Control in Ash Grey at around Rs 1400 bucks. Any other brands like Vkool etc that I could look out for?

2. Tires: The S comes with NCT'5's in 195/55/R15 sizes. I was thinking of upgrading to Yoko S Drives in the same size. My question is with Ford's penchant for making warranties redundant on any changes, will my suspension warranty get void if i change over to the same size but a different brand?

3. On the ICE Front, I've got mixed reviews about the Stock HU. Am not too clued in on ICE and neither do I have the budget. Could I just change over the stock speakers to JBL's keeping the HU the same. I just wanna keep my budget really low and upgrade the ICE once I learn more about the subject.

Pls help.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Premijit. The 1.6S is definitely a rocking car in terms of performance and handling. Enjoy your ride. Wish to catch a glimpse of it whenever my work takes me down to Jeevandeep area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
1. Whats a good brand for Sunfilm. Dealer is quoting Garware Sun Control in Ash Grey at around Rs 1400 bucks. Any other brands like Vkool etc that I could look out for?
Install Llumar. Its a bit more expensive than Garware, but the best you can lay your hands on.

Also a bit of advice. There's a front windscreen sunfilm available, colourless and glare-reducing. Very helpful in night driving when the moron coming head-on has his hi-beams on.

Its expensive, the single film costs as much as the rest of the 5 windows combined. But worth every penny. Do think about installing one.

Quote:
2. Tires: The S comes with NCT'5's in 195/55/R15 sizes. I was thinking of upgrading to Yoko S Drives in the same size. My question is with Ford's penchant for making warranties redundant on any changes, will my suspension warranty get void if i change over to the same size but a different brand?
Nope, no chance that the warranty will get void merely for a tyre change. I'd advise you to go for the switch. The Yoko S-Drive is a much better tyre than the Goodyear.

Am not advising you on the ICE, as I'm no electronics expert (not even a novice actually) and there are plenty of ICE gurus in Kolkata Tbhp.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:11   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok people,

Pls help.

You might want to stick with the current tire. Run it in a bit. And then go for a replacement when you want to change the rim as well! Even though the wheels are 15", somehow, they look pretty small. 16" or 17" should do the trick. So, I suggest you go in for a tire change when it has been worn a bit. you could consider 205/50 R16" or 205/45 R17" and you could go in for the polished brass wheels a.la. the Subaru Impreza WRX STi!
Old 15th September 2009, 23:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yooohooo .. congratulations. Do get it before the Puja's but please don't venture out in the Puja crowd with it !

There's a blue specimen with someone at our office. Love it.

Quote:
2. Tires: The S comes with NCT'5's in 195/55/R15 sizes. I was thinking of upgrading to Yoko S Drives in the same size.
Any particular reason you want to switch? Being a self-confessed sedate driver, I see absolutely no reason to spend the extra cash on S-Drives. NCT5's will do just fine.
Old 16th September 2009, 00:00   #44
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase premjit..do post some of her pics
Old 16th September 2009, 10:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Yooohooo .. congratulations. Do get it before the Puja's but please don't venture out in the Puja crowd with it !

There's a blue specimen with someone at our office. Love it.

Yeps...Wanna get it before the pujas. But, am not planning to venture out in Pujas with it. Only for drives to Rajarhat which I am sooo looking forward to.

Any particular reason you want to switch? Being a self-confessed sedate driver, I see absolutely no reason to spend the extra cash on S-Drives. NCT5's will do just fine.
Yeps. I've used the NCT 5 on the Aveo and its served me well. I particularly liked the fact that the tire is extremely hardy and long lasting. But, having said that, I think The S Drives are supreme as well esp wrt to the Grip and reduced noise levels. If trading in the new tires does not make me loose much, then I do wanna try them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks