Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 11:45   #931

Is there anybody who could help with firmer timelines of the 4X4 AT please. Ive been waiting for it since September 2014. A closely known dealer said it was planned for an October launch, but it seems unreliable information! However, there were reports around May too that this was to launch by Sept 2014. Any information on the supposed delay?
Old 4th January 2015, 12:29   #932
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
4LL
  • 4LL: low range + centre diff locked
When I engaged the lever (shifted ahead) it showed 4WD and I believe that was the 4HL mode, when the 4LL mode is engaged, is there a different icon on the dash?
Old 4th January 2015, 12:39   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
When I engaged the lever (shifted ahead) it showed 4WD and I believe that was the 4HL mode, when the 4LL mode is engaged, is there a different icon on the dash?

As far as I remember there is no light warning you that the car is in 4 LL.
Old 4th January 2015, 13:04   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank Sidhu View Post
Is there anybody who could help with firmer timelines of the 4X4 AT please. Ive been waiting for it since September 2014. A closely known dealer said it was planned for an October launch, but it seems unreliable information! However, there were reports around May too that this was to launch by Sept 2014. Any information on the supposed delay?
I posted the following on the other Fortuner thread. I believe dealers have started taking the bookings for 4x4 AT.

This is what I found out about Fortuner refresh
  • 2.5L 4x2 MT & AT in addition to existing 3.0L variants
  • 3.0L 4x4 AT
  • Launch later (end of) this month
  • Black interiors
  • Dark Grey Alloys
  • Navigation with voice control
  • New colour, Bronze Mica Metallic
Old 4th January 2015, 13:32   #935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there anybody who could help with firmer timelines of the 4X4 AT please. Ive been waiting for it since September 2014. A closely known dealer said it was planned for an October launch, but it seems unreliable information! However, there were reports around May too that this was to launch by Sept 2014
Quote:
This is what I found out about Fortuner refresh
2.5L 4x2 MT & AT in addition to existing 3.0L variants
3.0L 4x4 AT
Launch later (end of) this month
Yes ,you can book 4X4 Automatic , if you can prepay substantial amount or have right contacts with dealership , deliveries from first lot are assured else by March - April as allocations are limited .

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th January 2015 at 13:33.
Old 27th January 2015, 21:05   #936
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just received this image in a non-Toyota press release and my lower jaw dropped. What a phenomenal capture....a workhorse that's tastefully modified, purposeful and looks like its totally comfortable in its natural habitat.

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-skirunfortuner.jpg
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 09:10   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just received this image in a non-Toyota press release

Attachment 1333511
Hi GTO

This modification of Fortuner (except the ice chain) have been seen frequently in Delhi NCR region. Most of the Fortuner I saw were in black color though.

One such Fortuner was seen parked permanently in front of Shipra Mall (Valet Parking Area) in Ghaziabad last year. However it was not for any promotion of modifier or interior designer.

Last edited by Wanderers : 28th January 2015 at 09:13.
Old 28th January 2015, 20:12   #938
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
This modification of Fortuner (except the ice chain) have been seen frequently in Delhi NCR region. Most of the Fortuner I saw were in black color though.
True, these mods are commonplace.

What I meant was, this picture caught my eye due to a combination of factors: the environment, the mods, the tyres... The Fortuner just seemed to fit right in. In such weather conditions, I don't think I'd rather be in any other vehicle.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 18:16   #939

Hi All,

I am contemplating on buying a SUV. I currently drive an i10 Auto and an Octavia 1.9 Manual. Looking for a change now. I was considering:
1) New Santa Fe
2) Fortuner AT/Manual/4x4/4x4 AT
3) Pajero AT

Really confused. I nearly booked a Fortuner, then somebody said the ride quality is not good and will not be good for family.

I really need help in making the decision.
Looking forward to hear.
Old 31st January 2015, 18:20   #940
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
True, these mods are commonplace.

What I meant was, this picture caught my eye due to a combination of factors: the environment, the mods, the tyres... The Fortuner just seemed to fit right in. In such weather conditions, I don't think I'd rather be in any other vehicle.

Would this modification impact the deployment of Front Airbags in a frontal collision? Is this a genuine Toyota Accessory? Would it void the manufacturers warranty if it affects airbag deployment?
Old 31st January 2015, 18:30   #941
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Would this modification impact the deployment of Front Airbags in a frontal collision? Is this a genuine Toyota Accessory? Would it void the manufacturers warranty if it affects airbag deployment?

It's not a Toyota genuine accessory however it is made by a very reputed company(ARB I suppose) which takes deployment of airbags into consideration while designing the bullbars. It will definitely void your suspension warranty.

OT : However the new Fortuner being tested in Australia has the same bull bar installed already. This means that the new Fortuner being launched in Australia will have a suspension strong enough to bear the bullbars weight.

Last edited by dean5545 : 31st January 2015 at 18:32.
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:20   #942
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like toyota has quitely dropped VSC from the top end trim (3.0, 4x4) as well!! The toyota website does not now show VSC as a listed security feature.

Can anyone confirm if this is really true?

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ification.aspx
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:39   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Looks like Toyota has quietly dropped VSC from the top end trim (3.0, 4x4) as well!!

Hi

I visited Toyota showroom last week and did get a chance to see a 3.0L 4X2 MT.

Even though I did not get the new Fortuner brochure due to shortage, I did manage to read the specification from the displayed posters, which mentioned VSC in 4X4 Models.

But yes, as you rightly mentioned, the Toyota website is silent about it.

Last edited by Wanderers : 3rd February 2015 at 09:07.
Old 21st February 2015, 13:48   #944
AAD
BHPian

A question to Team Bhp experts on Toyota Fortuner. Does the 4x4 AT / MT version come with factory fitted Steering Dampers / Stabilisers? If not, what are the after market options?

I had posted this query earlier in the Fortuner 4x4 AT thread which went unanswered, so have reposted here once again.

Thanks in advance
Old 14th June 2015, 22:57   #945
BHPian

Guys, I need your help in this.
I am thinking of repainting my Grey Fortuner with a different colour, preferably black or the new dark grey toyota colour.
I wish to do the same in some toyota service centre, Could you please tell me which dealer in your opinion does the best paint job in Mumbai

Also, the dealer confirmed that my rear shocks have become weak and that i will have to replace them in a while. I was thinking of installing Bilstein shocks all round.
These are some queries i have-
Will it hamper my comfort level badly?
How much improvement in the handling front can it deliver?

Please suggest

Last edited by kn09 : 14th June 2015 at 23:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks