Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 08:15   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
So finally after much thought (not related to the capabilities of the machine), I went to book my 4x2 AT fortuner today. However, much to my disappointment, the waiting periods are somewhere between 2.5-3 months as per galaxy toyota & uttam toyota in Delhi! I heard that the same was around 2-3 weeks a couple of months back. My friend had bought one at that time.

I was hoping to get the delivery in a month or so. The premium for quick deliveries is about 75K which I am not willing to pay. Also I was being told by the touts that the price may be increased by around 60-70K in a couple of weeks (although I think its just one of their tactics). Any insights on how to go about this?

I was looking for the same ( Fortuner AT in pearl white).

Was told about the waiting periods. But still have booked & waiting .

But Fortuner is ready available in Pearl white at MGF Toyota Gurgaon.

Try them for availability.

Thanks

Rishi
Old 10th July 2014, 08:21   #872
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
But Fortuner is ready available in Pearl white at MGF Toyota Gurgaon.

Try them for availability.

Thanks

Rishi
Thanks for the info Rishi. I am looking for super white. Will surely check with MGF and other dealerships in the NCR region today.

Manuj
Old 11th July 2014, 09:41   #873
BHPian

So I called up MGF and other dealerships but none of them was able to deliver the superwhite 4x2 AT before 1.5-2 months. However, I prefer the car by the end of this month due to some personal reasons.

Another dealer has promised to deliver the car in a couple of weeks if I opt for accessories worth 90K. I am still contemplating that option. I was anyways planning to put on the front and rear guards along with some other accessories but 90K seems to be a bit on the higher side for me.
Old 11th July 2014, 10:52   #874
BHPian

Yeah the waiting times are a killer. All the best though to you and wish that you get yours as early as possible.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:23   #875
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manuj,

Good luck and advance congratulations for your Fortuner! Welcome to the club!

I booked mine a month in advance for the Super White color last August, when I was relocating back to India. It was delivered exactly in a month. Super white is the most sought after color in the Fortuners' and hence the wait times are more and so is the 'premium' practice!!

I have not promised/paid for any accessories from the dealer in advance, though I picked up some from them later.
Old 11th July 2014, 20:03   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Manuj,

Good luck and advance congratulations for your Fortuner! Welcome to the club!

I have not promised/paid for any accessories from the dealer in advance, though I picked up some from them later.
Thanks a lot

I plan to do the same. Pick up a few things at the time of delivery. At least it will be my choice and not a forced upon thing.

Manuj
Old 12th July 2014, 23:38   #877
BHPian

Has anyone tried the mirror link option in the head unit to connect with the phone and use the apps in the head unit?
Old 13th July 2014, 00:51   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Has anyone tried the mirror link option in the head unit to connect with the phone and use the apps in the head unit?
Never knew the fortuner HU has this facility. Did not come across this in the manual. I have a Jan 2013 Fortuner and use the HU to stream music via bluetooth. Mirror link will give an experience of in dash navigation if possible.
Old 13th July 2014, 04:16   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Never knew the fortuner HU has this facility. Did not come across this in the manual. I have a Jan 2013 Fortuner and use the HU to stream music via bluetooth. Mirror link will give an experience of in dash navigation if possible.
I guess the latest models have it as it is mentioned in the manual. However I don't know how to connect my Samsung galaxy note 2 via mirrorlink. Do I need to connect via usb? What software do I need in my phone to connect?
Old 17th July 2014, 05:54   #880
BHPian

As luck would have it, I pulled some strings around a bit and it turns out I might get my Fortuner as early as next week The dealer has sent me the accessories list (if I choose to order any). Generally I prefer to buy the accessories from the dealer itself to avoid the shoddy jobs done by the guys outside. I am interested in the following things but the prices seem to be much higher. Any views?
  1. Floor Mats (Fabric) - 4,990
  2. Fender Mirror - 5,180
  3. Luggagy Tray - 2,219
  4. Illuminated Scuff Plate - 12,070
  5. Head up display - 9,090
  6. Auto folding mirror - 4,390
  7. Rear bumper guard - 9,900
  8. Lexus style tail lights - 19,500
  9. Side body cladding (are they necessary?) - 26,000

The prices are inclusive of all taxes and installation. Are there any other essential accessories that I should get? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Manuj
Old 17th July 2014, 11:38   #881
Team-BHP Support

Recommended based on past experience

Floor Mats (Fabric) - 4,990
Fender Mirror - 5,180 - Do sit in Driver seat for adjustment before they mount
Rear bumper guard - 9,900

Can be bought if you are young ..

Lexus style tail lights - 19,500

Optional Depending on place where you live & park ,

Side body cladding (are they necessary?) - 26,000
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 00:13   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
As luck would have it, I pulled some strings around a bit and it turns out I might get my Fortuner as early as next week The dealer has sent me the accessories list (if I choose to order any). Generally I prefer to buy the accessories from the dealer itself to avoid the shoddy jobs done by the guys outside. I am interested in the following things but the prices seem to be much higher. Any views?
  1. Floor Mats (Fabric) - 4,990
  2. Fender Mirror - 5,180
  3. Luggagy Tray - 2,219
  4. Illuminated Scuff Plate - 12,070
  5. Head up display - 9,090
  6. Auto folding mirror - 4,390
  7. Rear bumper guard - 9,900
  8. Lexus style tail lights - 19,500
  9. Side body cladding (are they necessary?) - 26,000

The prices are inclusive of all taxes and installation. Are there any other essential accessories that I should get? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Manuj
Hi Manuj,first of all congratulations.
These accessories may seem a bit over priced but they are worth considering the finish and the longevity.

The body caldding just adds to the rugged looks of the car nothing else.

You can have a look at the chrome door housing,toyota trd body kit and the aluminium brake clutch and accelerator pedal covers this option is only available for MT.

Other than all these accessories i suggest you to change the speakers from a reputed accessory store.This would cost you somewhere around 15K.

Thanks&Regards
KN
Old 20th July 2014, 18:58   #883
BHPian

Hi all. Just wanted to let u know that my FORTUNER has arrived.
Manuj, am in the same boat ( SUV?) as you- just did the PDI & am confused reg. d accessories. Btw- the prices that the dealer in Jalgaon Mah. gave me is at complete variance to the ones you got. Who is your dealer?
The figure in the bracket is the one you quoted in your post.
Eg- fender mirror - 7521/-(5180/-)
Auto folding mirror- 8500/-(4390/-)
Rear bumper guard-4300/-;(9900/-)
Illuminated scuff plate-2254/-;(12070/-)
Side cladding-22500/-;(26000/-)
Front bumper -23000/-
Is there any reason for this? Unfortunately didn't see this thread until I got back from the dealers. Will ask them tomorrow. The dealer did say that prices will vary from state to state.
Am inclined towards the fender mirror , front bumper for now. Mats will get from outside. Side cladding scuff plates maybe later.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 20th July 2014, 19:39   #884
BHPian

Turbanator, thanks for the tip about fixing the fender mirror personally. I had told them to fix it initially, which now I have asked them to hold off till later.
Wondering about the Lexus tail lamps- would you have any photographs about it as this dealer doesn't seem to know about it.
One more accessory he showed me though it's not in the catalogue is a entire floor covering in leather. They take out the seats & cover the entire floor ( over the stock fabric) with a leather? cover & then place the seats back. An Innova had just got it done- wish I had taken a photograph of it. Around 5200/- for Fortuner.

Old 21st July 2014, 00:21   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Hi all. Just wanted to let u know that my FORTUNER has arrived.
Manuj, am in the same boat ( SUV?) as you- just did the PDI & am confused reg. d accessories. Btw- the prices that the dealer in Jalgaon Mah. gave me is at complete variance to the ones you got. Who is your dealer?
The figure in the bracket is the one you quoted in your post.
Eg- fender mirror - 7521/-(5180/-)
Auto folding mirror- 8500/-(4390/-)
Rear bumper guard-4300/-;(9900/-)
Illuminated scuff plate-2254/-;(12070/-)
Side cladding-22500/-;(26000/-)
Front bumper -23000/-
Is there any reason for this? Unfortunately didn't see this thread until I got back from the dealers. Will ask them tomorrow. The dealer did say that prices will vary from state to state.
Am inclined towards the fender mirror , front bumper for now. Mats will get from outside. Side cladding scuff plates maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Turbanator, thanks for the tip about fixing the fender mirror personally. I had told them to fix it initially, which now I have asked them to hold off till later.
Wondering about the Lexus tail lamps- would you have any photographs about it as this dealer doesn't seem to know about it.
One more accessory he showed me though it's not in the catalogue is a entire floor covering in leather. They take out the seats & cover the entire floor ( over the stock fabric) with a leather? cover & then place the seats back. An Innova had just got it done- wish I had taken a photograph of it. Around 5200/- for Fortuner.

First of all Congratulations,I don't know why there is a huge price difference for accessories between Maharashtra and Delhi,I suggest you check the accessory prices at other dealerships in Maharashtra as well before purchasing.

To cover the entire floor with leather for 5200/- is impossible,please check if he is offering you leather or PVC.

Thanks&Regards
KN
kn09 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks