Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 23:08   #856
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Any feedback from people in noida, indirapuram for the two service centers in noida (sec 63 & sec 8). Which one is better? Or if there is any other better service center in the vicinity of Indirapuram, Ghaziabad?
Old 11th June 2014, 09:20   #857
BHPian

Well, the sector-8 outlet is now better than the one at sec-63. Have been going to both for my Fortuner/Innova/Altis.

Espirit Toyota (sec-8)is less crowded but is new so you have to specify your problems & the jobs required in detail & some times need time to source parts which are not regularly replaced (like my Fortuners' o.e. horns required 2 days).

Whereas the sec-63(Uttam Toyota) one has huge crowds & are some times irregular with delivery timings but get the job done.

Besides things seldom go wrong with Toyotas.

I have done 70,000 kms on my Fortuner now & have just done the following major jobs besides regular servicing:

1. Got o.e. clutch replaced at 19k kms as it was slipping.

2. Got brake pads changed at 55k kms.

3. Got front brakes' discs skimmed at 65k kms.

4. Got Horns replaced at 55k kms.

I dont remember getting anything else done besides regular servicing.

I now prefer the sec-8 one only .

Choose your pic.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 11th June 2014 at 09:22.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 18:00   #858
BHPian

Hi Everybody
This is my first post on this forum. I decided to buy the Fortuner 4x4 - thanks to the extensive detailed posts & experiences of Herr Guderian, Manuuj, Ahmed, Nilanjan ray,dkalie,getsurya, karan, -booked it last week. Will post the whole experience as it occurs. The delivery time is told to be 1 month. The invoice shows -
EX Showroom-Rs.2297142/-
RTO 301979/ -
Body Coating 6290-
Insurance 79066-
Smile Pack 2756-
Toyota accesories 35380-
Handling Charge 8000-
ON ROAD COST- 2720613/-
I have booked the vehicle at Jalgaon delaership as they have no LBT.
I have decided not to take any of the included accesories( except the mats); on talking to the sales manager he has decided to reduce the handling charge to 4000/-.
The query I have is regarding the Insurance. Toyota has a tieup with United India, icici lombard, Chola, Iffcotokio, & Tata Aig. Going by Guerdians experience called tata aig & got a quote of Rs.51683/- for the Pearl plan ( basically Cashless Comprehensive, Zero dep. but without consumables)
On including the consumables, it hikes upto to Rs.58338/- . Need some advice from the gurus as to what option is best to opt for?
Nariman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 14:44   #859
BHPian

Thanks "car_crazy1400" for the information.

congratulations "Nariman" on booking the fortuner and joining the league. I have booked mine too and am going with the insurance provided by Toyota itself it seems that external insurance does exclude some situations and not cover them so in case of a mishap I would need to shell out more. I guess some more knowledgeable would be able to shed more light.

Did anyone took the 3M care package? Is the paint protection same as teflon and should not be opted for? I would definitely want the anti rust coat and may be the interior protection but I am dicey about the paint protection as I read about teflon coats which are not advised much on Tbhp.
Old 18th June 2014, 12:24   #860
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer that my fortuner has arrived and will be delivered tomorrow. The only issue is I am traveling tonight and will be back by monday morning. I am not sure if they can give this vehicle to someone else in the waiting list in case I dont take the delivery tomorrow. Anyone has any idea? Would they hold on to the vehicle till monday?
Old 18th June 2014, 15:02   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Just got a call from the dealer that my fortuner has arrived and will be delivered tomorrow. The only issue is I am traveling tonight and will be back by monday morning. I am not sure if they can give this vehicle to someone else in the waiting list in case I dont take the delivery tomorrow. Anyone has any idea? Would they hold on to the vehicle till monday?
As long as the entire amount is paid, they won't do that. To be on the safer side, just call them and set the expectation.

Congratulations in advance.
Old 18th June 2014, 16:31   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Torquepeedo,

Congratulations!!

If you can get the VIN numbers allotted for your car from your dealer then you are assured to some extent that your car will not be given to some body else before monday

Last edited by getsurya : 18th June 2014 at 16:32.
Old 20th June 2014, 08:49   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Going by Guerdians experience called tata aig & got a quote of Rs.51683/- for the Pearl plan ( basically Cashless Comprehensive, Zero dep. but without consumables)
On including the consumables, it hikes upto to Rs.58338/- . Need some advice from the gurus as to what option is best to opt for?
Hi Nariman,
Congratulations. And thank you for the acknowledgement/s.

As far as the insurance is concerned since this is the first insurance for the Fortuner - pick it up with the consumables cover. After you experience the vehicle and are confident about handling it etc - next year you can drop the consumables. My suggestion.
Good luck and have fun with your Fortuner !

Quote:
Congratulations TorquePeedo !
I don't think you need to be worried about that. Do go across to the yard (if you can) and have a look see at the vehicle that has been allotted to you and note the VIN and tell them you'll pick it up on Monday. I hope this response hasn't come too late for you...
Or if not - go across on Monday and check the vehicle before accepting it and clearing the registration process.

Good luck and have fun with your Fortuner as well.

Last edited by Guderian : 20th June 2014 at 08:51.
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:44   #864
BHPian

Thanks Guderian(& I do apologize for the spelling error in my initial post). I shall take the Tata Aig consumables cover, though the Toyota executive here is pushing for his Toyota protect policy which is 25k dearer. Sounds too much me thinks.Also, am hoping against hope that my car arrives before the excise hike, which going by the straws in the wind sounds very much a possibility. In that case.....?
Congratulations TorquePeedo. You would be reveling in your new wheels by tomorrow.
Nariman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 15:39   #865
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes. Got it delivered yesterday. I just wanted to check anyone knows what the valet key is for?
Old 24th June 2014, 16:08   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the wishes. Got it delivered yesterday. I just wanted to check anyone knows what the valet key is for?
Welcome to the fortuner club. I myself own a 2013 Toyota Fortuner. Good to see new owners in the forum.

It does not open the glove box so any stuff kept there is safe from the valet. But I don't believe in giving my car to the valet (park myself) and haven't used it ever.
ToyotaFan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 13:20   #867
BHPian

How do the fortuner owners protect their fabric mats in the rainy season? Do you put the rubber mats on top of them or replace with rubber mats? Which rubber mats to go for? the genuine from showroom or are there local options available as they would be needed for few months only
TorquePeedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 23:13   #868
BHPian

Quote:
How do the fortuner owners protect their fabric mats in the rainy season? Do you put the rubber mats on top of them or replace with rubber mats? Which rubber mats to go for? the genuine from showroom or are there local options available as they would be needed for few months only
Go for the 3d mats over the fabric ones.
I have done the same and they not only protect the fabric mats from staining but also the underlying carpet as well.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 14:08   #869
BHPian

I am faced with an issue with my fortuner. The second row collapsible seat is stuck and it does not lift up. The lever is going all the way forward but the seat seems to be stuck. Has anyone else faced a similar issue? Any solutions which does not involve taking it to the service center?
Old 9th July 2014, 22:13   #870
BHPian

So finally after much thought (not related to the capabilities of the machine), I went to book my 4x2 AT fortuner today. However, much to my disappointment, the waiting periods are somewhere between 2.5-3 months as per galaxy toyota & uttam toyota in Delhi! I heard that the same was around 2-3 weeks a couple of months back. My friend had bought one at that time.

I was hoping to get the delivery in a month or so. The premium for quick deliveries is about 75K which I am not willing to pay. Also I was being told by the touts that the price may be increased by around 60-70K in a couple of weeks (although I think its just one of their tactics). Any insights on how to go about this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks