Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 13:52   #601
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ dilip: do the steering controls still work?
Yes Raj it works. Will post pics soon.
Soon.
Cheers
Dilip
Old 13th October 2010, 15:04   #602
Senior - BHPian

I have been getting 11.5 kpl average (half highway, half city) - maha impressed!!

Been driving with a light foot though...the mileage (as per the real-time calculator) seems to be best around 2000 rpm - and when just maintaining the speed.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 13th October 2010 at 15:07.
Old 13th October 2010, 15:28   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

11.5 is amazing man. Is this with the ac on 100%?
Old 13th October 2010, 16:01   #604
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I have been getting 11.5 kpl average (half highway, half city) - maha impressed!!
It will improve to around a kpl more when fully run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Another T-Fort owner on TBHP; Manuj has been getting even better FE Doc, that's the magic of it.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:09   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is with ac on 80% of the time. Do note that I don't have to face bumper to bumper traffic on a daily basis.

@devnath: am happy with 11.5 :-)...anything over is just a bonus. I had expected 9.5-10 overall when I bought it.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:58   #606
BHPian

fortuner bookings - any guesses

Any guesses when the 3rd round (1st round - launch sep 2009, 2nd round - mid 2010) of booking for Fortuner is likely to open up? I would like to TD one again.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:15   #607
BHPian

Any news on the automatic fortuner. I am really looking forward to one
Old 21st October 2010, 00:43   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
Any news on the automatic fortuner. I am really looking forward to one
According to the dealer here in Trivandrum, it will not be launched anytime in the near future. Right now Toyota is only focussed on clearing up their extremely long waiting list.
Old 25th October 2010, 11:52   #609
Senior - BHPian

I had the opportunity to have a look at a friend's Fortuner last weekend. Just had a look, didn't have a ride or drive it myself. Anyway, the first thought that struck my mind was - it looks so big from the outside, but it's not so big on the inside. Probably there was an issue with my expectation levels. There's very little luggage room with all 3 rows of seating in place. If the vehicle is designed to carry a family of 7, there should be a bit of space for their luggage too, right? Anyway, the third row has little space, so probably you are better off using the Fortuner as a 5-seater. I agree with GTO's comment that the interiors are utilitarian rather than luxurious. I had expected a bit more luxury and features in a 20L+ vehicle. My friend's driver showed me some of the features - auto AC with temp setting, external temp display, DTE etc - and I started appreciating my Punto even more Maybe, he didn't demonstrate the right features to wow me.

Disclaimer: The above are only my own views, no comparison to any of the Fortuner's rivals - because I haven't had a look at any of them.

The owner isn't happy about the comfort levels in the middle row, so his brother who was also planning to buy one has cancelled his booking. Also heard the same opinion from one of our distant relatives who've been Toyota customers for long (Qualis->Innova->Fortuner). Is the middle row such a bad place to be in?
Old 26th October 2010, 10:37   #610
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
The owner isn't happy about the comfort levels in the middle row, so his brother who was also planning to buy one has cancelled his booking. Also heard the same opinion from one of our distant relatives who've been Toyota customers for long (Qualis->Innova->Fortuner). Is the middle row such a bad place to be in?
No one should buy the Fortuner for comfort! For one, the ride is bumpy. Second, an Innova with captain seats offers far greater middle-row comfort.
Old 26th October 2010, 10:56   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No one should buy the Fortuner for comfort! For one, the ride is bumpy. Second, an Innova with captain seats offers far greater middle-row comfort.
+10 to that. also, i feel the captiva is also more 'comfortable' than the fortuner. yet to test drive the santa fe & outlander.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:36   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think a lot of families who buy the Fortuner will be looking for a comfortable ride in the middle row. We can argue that they haven't done their research properly, but I think a lot of people buy the Fortuner because it's a "BIG car" for 20L.

The 3rd row is cramped, middle row too isn't comfortable - what are you left with? The front two seats? Incidently, that's exactly what the owner of the vehicle told me - that he is using it as a 2-seater. For me, that's two very expensive seats.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:54   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

@StarrySky:

Anyone who cancels a booking or doesn't book a Fortuner now is actually helping the thousands who are eagerly awaiting one.

You friend may want to try the new Hyundai Santa Fe. For the money, I feel it offers the most bang for buck if you don't mind the Hyundai Badge. For 20 Lakhs With a budget of 20 Lakhs there are not much choices especially if you want deisel.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:10   #614
BHPian

Dont know if its known but the Fortuner is the same as the parado with the only diff that the Fortuner is made in Malaysia and ofcourse the trim is more expensive on the Parado.

But the engine is pretty much the same.
Old 28th October 2010, 08:45   #615
Senior - BHPian

Ummmm, no. Prado has a different chassis, and many other fancy features (which you are calling trim). The current 4Runner is based on the Prado chassis.

Though people say (e.g. what I have read on the net on) that the Fortuner is equally capable - in the right hands - as the Prado. In fact, probably a bit more rugged, given its simplicity and less reliance on fancy electronics. However, the Prado is much more comfortable and luxurious.

Disclaimer: I have never driven a Prado. I did consider going for a second hand Prado (same price as a new Fortuner), but the TCO would have been far higher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks