Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 10:50   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Is the fender mirror of any use?
I think it will also help in noticing a low sedan or hatch on the left. There is a risk of running over them otherwise. See here.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:25   #587
BHPian

A lovely Unicorn there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
Took delivery of my white fortuner on friday,

Tried it on some beach sand off ECR, here are some pics.
Many congratulations salman_ferrari! She's a beauty and seeing yours, I want mine ASAP. But alas I will have to wait since I have no "connections" whatsoever. One of the mishaps when you happen to be an NRI, or perhaps it's just me. I don't know. I heard there are LED tail lights available for her and I should get it when I come down in December.

Btw, do you see some necessary add-ons that are required ASAP with the Fortuner salman_ferrari?

Cheers
Champion
Old 13th August 2010, 11:47   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Many congratulations salman_ferrari! She's a beauty and seeing yours, I want mine ASAP. But alas I will have to wait since I have no "connections" whatsoever. One of the mishaps when you happen to be an NRI, or perhaps it's just me. I don't know. I heard there are LED tail lights available for her and I should get it when I come down in December.

Btw, do you see some necessary add-ons that are required ASAP with the Fortuner salman_ferrari?

Cheers
Champion
Thanks Champion! Here are a few upgrades I think the car needs:

1. Music system with good aftermarket speakers because the OE's in toyota is dull.

2. A good horn atleast for chennai is needed, bcoz the ones in the car makes it sound puny.

3. Ambient lighting is needed for the cabin legroom is needed, it gets pretty dark in the nights.

Also guys has anyone installed LED tail lights or where can I get them, pls direct if a thread exists. Thanks

Last edited by salman_ferrari : 13th August 2010 at 11:49.
Old 10th September 2010, 17:17   #589
Senior - BHPian

Was speaking to a Toyota sales executive, and got to know that the SE gets only Rs. 500 incentive for selling a Fortuner! That is pathetic, even if the Fortuner sells itself. Btw, the incentives are much higher for selling an Innova.

Wonder who is pocketing the lion's share of the fat margin on Fortuner. From the dealers' attitudes, seems that it is Toyota.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:28   #590
Senior - BHPian

Getting my black Fortuner tomorrow, folks - after a 2.5 month waiting period. Will start a new thread after I bring her home.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 24th September 2010 at 15:30.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:09   #591
BHPian

Mine's way off!

Advance wishes nilanjayray! Awaiting your review. I was wondering if the Fortuner requires a change in its ICE setup because if I am not mistaken then it comes with the same 6 CD MP3 system that is here in my Land Cruiser. And I can say with conviction that this is perhaps one of the dullest ICE available. Now if I have to replace it, I got to do it when I get her in January. Is it Powerzone then? Btw, I will be able to spare just about 20k, and will they take my Fortuner's ICE setup for exchange? I guess Gilead or sanjayc could do the needful of answering the above.

Champion
Old 28th September 2010, 20:18   #592
Senior - BHPian

Hey Champ, Nilanjan's Fortuner purchase/initial review has already been put up by him, please refer the thread below :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-fortuner.html

Congrats on the buy, Nilanjan, it's truly a stunning looker !
Old 12th October 2010, 10:56   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to toyota showroom yesterday to check out the Altis. Just out of curiosity I enquired about the fortuner and was surprised to know that in delhi they are taking bookings for fortuner. The SE told me that even though the company has closed the booking they are still taking it and delivery time would be approx 8 months. Really found it strange. Is that even possible? or is something fishy with the dealership?
Old 12th October 2010, 13:35   #594
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Really found it strange. Is that even possible? or is something fishy with the dealership?
It is strange. I spoke to the local Toyota dealer yesterday and they are not taking any bookings. There have been enough instances of dealers taking customers for a ride. Please call Toyota and double check before you pay a single rupee to any dealer anywhere to book a Fortuner.
Old 12th October 2010, 13:40   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is strange. I spoke to the local Toyota dealer yesterday and they are not taking any bookings. There have been enough instances of dealers taking customers for a ride. Please call Toyota and double check before you pay a single rupee to any dealer anywhere to book a Fortuner.
I agree. I have anyways dropped the plan of buying a fortuner in exchange for my Innova. I cant imagine myself waiting for 6-7 months for a car to be delivered. Will anyways check with the dealer again about the full details.

Plus I think the fortuner soon might lose its oomph factor because its become so common on the roads that its fast losing its exclusivity.
Old 12th October 2010, 16:19   #596
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I agree. I have anyways dropped the plan of buying a fortuner in exchange for my Innova.
Plus I think the fortuner soon might lose its oomph factor because its become so common on the roads that its fast losing its exclusivity.
I would strongly suggest you think twice Doc. People do not buy a Toyota for its oomph, though that too, exists.
Like GTO has mentioned in this very review, the Fortuner belongs to that breed of Toyotas which will, more often than not, outlast its owner. It is bullet proof, easy on the pocket to maintain, has great on road presence, off road ability and most of all, has been leading its segment not just in India, but at all markets of its sale.

If I were you, I d wait to get my hands on it rather than compromise on anything else. It is worth it.
Old 12th October 2010, 19:00   #597
BHPian

Quote:
I would strongly suggest you think twice Doc. People do not buy a Toyota for its oomph, though that too, exists.
Like GTO has mentioned in this very review, the Fortuner belongs to that breed of Toyotas which will, more often than not, outlast its owner. It is bullet proof, easy on the pocket to maintain, has great on road presence, off road ability and most of all, has been leading its segment not just in India, but at all markets of its sale.

If I were you, I d wait to get my hands on it rather than compromise on anything else. It is worth it.

Hee hee Devdath,

Thats a lot of positive marketing for the T-Fort.
I bet the Toyota guys are getting impressed with the confidence shown by petrol heads (errr.. lets make it diesel heads) like yourself.

And I agree with you completely.
The T-Fort is one of the few true breed SUV's available in the Indian Market.

(One must remember it belongs to the Prado, Land Cruiser Family; and the reliability/ ruggedness it carries with the Toyota Badge)

Other so called "SUVs" - like the CRV & the Captiva are merely cars sporting an SUV sticker.

But Again, this is just my opinion.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:27   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hey I totally agree with you on the reliability of the car. All toyotas are like that and thats the reason I am going to book an Altis this week.
But what I meant was that for a person like me I have no need of a 4wd. I drive only in the city( and Delhi has good roads) and the highways which are equally awesome around Delhi. So for my needs the Innova has been serving me very well for the last 4 years now. I would upgrade to the fortuner only for the sheer looks. I just love its road presence. But right now in Delhi every second SUV( or should i say 20L segment vehicles inc endy, captiva and the likes) is a Fortuner. Personally I would not want to spend 20L and see the same car with everyone.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:31   #599
BANNED

Caska Ca 3119g

Guys
Installed Caska in my Fortuner. It was DIY for me. Very easy to install. Pics will follow shortly. Initial impressions very positive.
Cheers
Dilip
Old 13th October 2010, 10:02   #600
Senior - BHPian

@ dilip: do the steering controls still work?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks