Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 13:08   #421
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Is is possible in India to procure & fit rear discs fitted in this SUV, accordingly map the ABS?

Probably this could answer to owners anxiety while braking...
If at all its possible will Toyotta honour warranty then?
Old 20th February 2010, 14:35   #422
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Is is possible in India to procure & fit rear discs fitted in this SUV, accordingly map the ABS?
Adding rear discs is a very complex modification, and NOT recommended from the after-market. The braking system is most crucial to your safety. Ideally, Toyota will read all this feedback and offer rear discs sooner rather than later.

For now, the best solution is to go in for stronger front brakes. I hear Petes had a Fortuner brake upgrade kit.
Old 20th February 2010, 17:03   #423
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I read a lot about the brakes problem on this SUV and also that the ride and handling in Pajero is much better.. so is it possible to replace the brakes to better ones on all four and also maybe install a tuning box like the Pete's??? and what about the pajero.. can you install something like Pete's tuning box in the Pajero too?

and if done that which of the two would be a better overall?

also I just saw these amazing audio/video systems on fortuners on youtube. can something like this be done?

links:
Old 21st February 2010, 02:35   #424
BHPian

sahil is it that the Endy brake feel is also same as Fortuner!!!! . Is it the feeling that the brakes are poor?. I think the braking distance of Fortuner is great , it is only the feeling of the pedal thats soft. I did a test drive car and it is failry good .
Old 21st February 2010, 02:39   #425
BHPian

Dilip , thats a great mileage . Good luck . Hmm Good to hear Toyota Dealers do better service.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:44   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Adding rear discs is a very complex modification, and NOT recommended from the after-market. The braking system is most crucial to your safety. Ideally, Toyota will read all this feedback and offer rear discs sooner rather than later.

For now, the best solution is to go in for stronger front brakes. I hear Petes had a Fortuner brake upgrade kit.
True. Hope they are reading.

But i really wonder if it is going to be easy for them to offer rear discs soon.

Maybe the face lifted fortuner sometime next year will offer that.
Old 27th February 2010, 08:32   #427
BHPian

I dont think Fortuner is having Rear Disc anywhere in the world ( any other market)
Old 27th February 2010, 19:54   #428
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately, I think you may just be right AutoCrazy. Another member (ex-Fortuner owner from Dubai) had posted exactly the same comment on Fortuners sold in the middle east, and how their brakes sucked as well!

But my question is : So what if the Fortuner isn't sold with rear disc brakes anywhere in the world? No better time for Toyota to make amends.
Old 27th February 2010, 20:29   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_CRAZY View Post
I dont think Fortuner is having Rear Disc anywhere in the world ( any other market)
Quote:
Unfortunately, I think you may just be right AutoCrazy. Another member (ex-Fortuner owner from Dubai) had posted exactly the same comment on Fortuners sold in the middle east, and how their brakes sucked as well!

But my question is : So what if the Fortuner isn't sold with rear disc brakes anywhere in the world? No better time for Toyota to make amends.
True. Even the V6 4.0 version doesn't come with rear discs, after changing the tyres from Bridgestone H/T to H/L there is a little difference, but nothing great to say. Vehicle has covered 93000+ kms, will put a short review once it completes 2 years (April 10)
Old 27th February 2010, 20:42   #430
Senior - BHPian

A "source" tells me that post March the Fortuner will be getting rear wheel disc brakes. They have received (or maybe read) negative feedback from customers & forums such as ours.

Hope it happens sooner than later !!

Cheers
Old 28th February 2010, 08:35   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fortuner is in the market since 2005. Wondering how come Toyota did not take any step to correct the brakes so far. Or is this an issue with new models only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
A "source" tells me that post March the Fortuner will be getting rear wheel disc brakes. They have received (or maybe read) negative feedback from customers & forums such as ours.

Hope it happens sooner than later !!
Is this India specific or global? I am not able to comprehend why Toyota would fix the problem only in India. Or is it that customers in other countries are fine with the brakes?
Old 28th February 2010, 10:34   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Fortuner is in the market since 2005. Wondering how come Toyota did not take any step to correct the brakes so far. Or is this an issue with new models only?

Is this India specific or global? I am not able to comprehend why Toyota would fix the problem only in India. Or is it that customers in other countries are fine with the brakes?
I think it is going to be Global. The negative publicity that Toyota has received globally recently is very embarrassing for the company of such repute. Where people swear by "THE TOYOTA RELIABILITY"

Well let us hope the braking issue is addressed lest they recall Fortuner to rectify a "braking issue"..I am sure that Toyota is aware of the inadequate brakes they are selling the Fortuner with.
Old 28th February 2010, 12:55   #433
Senior - BHPian

Braking complaints on Fortuner :

Toyota Fortuner Complaints - lack of
Old 28th February 2010, 14:36   #434
BHPian

[quote=sdp1975;1756835]Braking complaints on Fortuner :

Toyota Fortuner Complaints - lack of[/QUOTE

Where is the Quality Revolution TOYOTA? I think they got carried away by the success and forgot the basics. Brakes are the most important part of an automobile

Reading the link I wonder why no reaction from Toyota yet. May be TEAM BHP need to escalate the matter to press. Moderators, This definitely deserves a new thread,

Looking at how they are treating Fortuner (20L plus) I will be scared to buy a small hatch made for developing world (call Etios)

Last edited by hpzone : 28th February 2010 at 14:40.
Old 28th February 2010, 17:27   #435

yesterday I was talking to my friend who is one of the first owners of ---------.

He said the his car has been taken to the workshop with a compliant of brake failure. It seems that Toyota people have promised to rectify the problem. he seems to have the impression that rear brakes will be converted into a disc brake.

In fact I was also hoping for something like that to happen because I am waiting for my fortuner to be delivered April end. Hope by that time Toyota will change the rear brake to disks. Or is it just my wishful thinking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks