Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 14:27   #226
BHPian

This is just another case of some guys going berserk over brand TOYOTA.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:57   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
A friend who gets our cars financed and sources cars for instant deliveries has confirmed a 3Lakh rupees premium on the Fortuner for instant delivery,he says most of this premium goes to the dealership.
3 lacs premium..that is insane!..

The Sales Person handling my booking told me that the car is only delivered in the name of the person in whose name the booking had been made in the first place.

He insisted that i double check the name twice and that once the booking was done it could not be transferred to any other name..i guess that is why most of the premium ends up lining the Dealerships pockets

Its been 19 days 1 hour and 55 minutes since i made my booking..how will i survive 5 more months !?
Old 18th September 2009, 15:07   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vensum View Post
I had a test drive of the Fortuner today. Somehow I am just not impressed. My wife is of the opinion that I am biased becos of my driving the top of the range Lexus (LX 570) in Muscat for the past 18 months.

Has anyone tried the New Endy. (the so called Everest abroad)? Can our experts do a good comparison between the two?

Except for the so called resale value factor, I am of the opinion that the new Endy seems to be scoring a bit over the Fortuner. Any comments?
Ford were very smart to launch the face lift Endeavour close on the heels of the Fortuner. Additionally it has also come with a good price much lower than the Toyota with AT and 4x4. The suspension issue on the Ford however remains but Ford just might get some buyers who really cannot handle the long delivery period of the Fortuner.

Expect a comparison between the two SUVs soon.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:40   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OK, this is OT but -

Have you seen the actual placement of the fender mirror? No way you can hit a pedestrian from the front with this mirror

Again, unless its a truck or bus, there is no way the mirror can be hit, its just too high up.
I'd beg to differ from the views above.
Since 2 moderators have now negated the view expresed, I'd rather stay silent.

Regulations are regulations. I dont make them. I was just bringing them to general notice.
Old 18th September 2009, 17:00   #230
bhp
BHPian

In mumbai the premium for delivery in a week is 2 lacs as of last week.....10% premium on the total value of the vehicle is too much

Last edited by bhp : 18th September 2009 at 17:07.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:53   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
I'd beg to differ from the views above.
Since 2 moderators have now negated the view expresed, I'd rather stay silent.

Regulations are regulations. I dont make them. I was just bringing them to general notice.

Sir you are doing a great public service by familarizing us with ARAI rules. In which case all those bodily mods on cars should be an absolute no no, but everyone one & his neighbour is doing it in the name of "tooner modifications"

Maybe you can be kind enough to educate us on those body mods as well.

As for the premium on the Fortuner !! It is absolutely insane to pay 2-3 lacs premium to get an immediate delivery. I can think of better ways of using that "extra money" Have we on T-Bhp heard of "charity" ??

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 18th September 2009 at 20:01.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:52   #232
BHPian

It's the rule of life. "There is a fool in every market, if you don't know which one, then your it." Toyota is just proving to us that they are no fools. No offense to the people who shell out the premium , but 10% of the value of car is insane. This adds up to the queue lines lenthening for people who do not pay up. Dealers milking the customers for all they are worth?
Old 19th September 2009, 17:40   #233
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Holy crap to the 3 lakh rupee premium! That's the highest I've heard for any Indian car.

However, I must add : Toyota HO is monitoring dealer bookings themselves. Dealers cannot fool around and booking transfers can ONLY be made if the last name is the same. Thus, even with a 3 lakh premium, chances are that you will be the second owner on paper (unless your surname is identical to the original booking party ).
Old 19th September 2009, 18:55   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn! I wish I was a Patel.
Old 20th September 2009, 01:04   #235

This is just another scam.....I booked the fortuner on Aug 4 without seeing the car. The car was launched in last week of August.

Today when I asked the dealer for my allotment details, they tell me that my number is 500+ and that I should expect the car in Jan 2010! That doesnt make any sense, as bookings only opened on Aug 1. So I asked dealer if the 500+ allotment number means that I am no.500 on the all India Toyota list or on the dealer's list, and they tell me that I'm no.500 on the dealer's list. At this point, I threw a fit as there is no way that my dealer booked 500+ cars between Aug 1 - Aug 4, when the car was launched in last week of Aug and total India bookings for car are 5000.

So I threatened a media investigation and so the dealer gets back to me and tells me that actually I am around no. 15 on the dealer's list but I should still expect the car in Jan 2010 as the dealer is not getting more than few cars per month. This still doesn't make any sense since if Toyota has booked 5000 cars, there is no way that my booking was more than the 500th car in India. Even if I assume that I booked the 1000th car, and Toyota is delivering 550 cars each month, I should get my car latest by October. So basically my dealer, just like probably all Toyota dealers around the country is trying to short change customers and sell the cars at a premium.

Anyways, cant wait till 2010 for the fortuner so will probably end up cancelling the booking and buy another car instead. Obviously will not make any difference to the dealer or Toyota as there are probably 10 customers with their cheque books ready to take my place!
Old 20th September 2009, 08:30   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
...Maybe you can be kind enough to educate us on those body mods as well....
ARAI primarily lays down regulations for car manufacturers.
There is actually very little control it has on modifications done on a vehicle after the sales process (purchase by an owner).

Any modification thereore, done on a vehicle after the purchase come under the purview of the local RTO. The higher the modification (performance mods, suspension mods, NOS etc. etc.), the more important it is to get it approved at the RTO.

Local RTO's are supposed to enforce regulations on body modifications done on individual vehicles and people are required to get the changes notified and approved at RTO's. Unfortunately, with our current system and the way it works, nobody gives as much as a 2 pence value to it.
Old 20th September 2009, 09:32   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

@sparton:

Why don't you try to contact Toyota directly with your problem.
Old 20th September 2009, 09:48   #238
Senior - BHPian

I saw a FORTUNER in the best shade, 'gun metal'. The vehicle looks extremely good but still not as civilised looking as a CRV - my humble opinion

End of the day, it is just an INNOVA mascureading as a SUV
Old 20th September 2009, 11:26   #239
Senior - BHPian

Alright ! the famous Indian question. Can someone tell me the FE of the Fortuner on real world scenario, not what the company proclaims or from magazines ?
I know three people who wants to book one and one thinking of canceling coz he heard it gives 8kmpl or so.
Old 20th September 2009, 11:41   #240
Team-BHP Support

Just saw an ad in today's Times Classifieds.

The person has advertised for anyone interested in transferring Fortuner booking in his name. He is ready to pay a price for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks