Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 19:11   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
unbelievably detailed reveiw, Infact I strongly recommend that this post b read before u consider the road test of the nano. well Sid what do u actually do, i mean what is ur occupation, U seem 2 b immensly talented n d auto journo industry in India shud definitely b proud of u.
as always I was proud of this TATA product
We certainly proud about SidIndica, As he always brings surprise scoops.

Let him be a phantom, the ghost who walks (drives) across the Auto companies.
Old 4th September 2009, 20:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

now this is what i was looking for. this kinda review was missing in the magazines. kudos mate.
Old 5th September 2009, 15:28   #78
Joy
BHPian

Amazing Review sid. Very detailed. Nano will surely change the perspective of automobile world towards India.

I Think no one ever dreamt of making a car at this price point. Kudos to Tata for thinking and making it possible. We are all proud of it.
Old 1st December 2009, 06:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

Great review.

I used to see a few NANOs on the road now and then, but they seem to have all but disappeared.

TATA has to start full scale production to give justice to this car
Old 15th March 2010, 23:02   #80
BHPian

Fantastic, most comprehensive review!

Thanks a million.

I'm reading this thread tonight, when I've decided to buy the Nano tomorrow morning!
Old 18th July 2010, 08:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this news .

Opt to ride in Nano instead of auto - Bangalore - City - The Times of India

Quote:
Transport minister R Ashoka on Saturday said the government is thinking of purchasing 10,000 Nano cars and renting them out in Bangalore.
Good initiative, I think. Atleast from pollution point.

But, knowing Bangalore govt in implementing anything so fast, lets see when this becomes reality
Old 5th November 2010, 20:09   #82
BHPian

^^^ Can anyone provide an update on this Bangalore scheme?
Old 12th May 2011, 20:24   #83
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano: full test and review

My Nano comes tomorrow!!
Old 4th July 2011, 23:16   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi sidindica,
Amazing review of an equally amazing car.I have just one query,Nano can wade through how deep water?My question might sound funny but then during monsoons,we have a feet of water on our roads at few places.
Old 4th September 2011, 15:14   #85
BHPian

Hi Bone Collector , I happened to travel through very thick rains ( absolute no visibility despite wipers running full speed), I guess water accumulation on some patches of road was around 1 foot, most 2 wheelers and auto-rikshaws were stalling at the mid water pools , you will be surprised that my nano laughed the way all through those water patches.
ramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 20:39   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi sidindica,
Amazing review of an equally amazing car.I have just one query,Nano can wade through how deep water?My question might sound funny but then during monsoons,we have a feet of water on our roads at few places.
PUNE was flooded in few areas due to rains and i have waded through water which was between 1-2 feet deep easily,also dont forget that NANO is pretty high on GC which stands @ 180mm, and exhaust is more than 1 feet above Ground.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 22:01   #87
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Agreed, never faced any issues with my nano in water.
Old 7th September 2011, 06:44   #88
BHPian

Posting this on behalf of my friend who is awaiting his membership for approval.

He is based in Burdwan, West Bengal. As there is no dealer in Burdwan, so he bought his nano from Durgapur, West Bengal about 3 months back. Problem - Turn signal auto cut on the right side is not working and the knob for opening bonnet is broken.

He has visited a service center in Burdwan, and they have adviced for change of some part which is not available with them, surprisingly they said that he can get free replacement from dealer service point only and at other places he has to pay by himself. Is it true? It should be covered under warranty and warranty is in between the consumer and Tata motors not the particular dealer.

Please advice whether he should visit Durgapur or complain at Tata motors so that they make things available at Burdwan only, thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 07:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Posting this on behalf of my friend who is awaiting his membership for approval.

He is based in Burdwan, West Bengal. As there is no dealer in Burdwan, so he bought his nano from Durgapur, West Bengal about 3 months back. Problem - Turn signal auto cut on the right side is not working and the knob for opening bonnet is broken.

He has visited a service center in Burdwan, and they have adviced for change of some part which is not available with them, surprisingly they said that he can get free replacement from dealer service point only and at other places he has to pay by himself. Is it true? It should be covered under warranty and warranty is in between the consumer and Tata motors not the particular dealer.

Please advice whether he should visit Durgapur or complain at Tata motors so that they make things available at Burdwan only, thanks
I had my AC blower changed free of cost with dealer, but they charged me 38rs for spray jet assembly which was not working.

Authorised service centre should do it for free.
Old 13th December 2011, 12:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Nano - Replacing two wheelers

RATAN TATA had a dream of getting Indians off the motor bikes to which whole families precariously cling and into shiny new cars they could buy for 1 lakh (100,000) . Not sure how far this dream has become a reality. Also whether Nano is a success or dud is debatable. But definitely some bike/moped/cycle users turned to Nanos off late.
In Kerala, i see lot of lottery ticket sellers switched from bikes to Nano cars.
Tata Nano: full test and review-nanolotterya.jpg
Name:  NanoLotteryB.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  82.1 KB
Please post pictures if you see Nanos used as a replacement for bikes/mopeds/cycles in commercial use. Ratan Tata will be a happy person if he happened to see this thread....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks