Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 09:50   #46
BHPian

My Ritz Vxi for the first 500kms returned a mileage of about 16kms/ltr with a mix of 60:40 highway and city mix and AC on for 75 percent of the time. Had filled in Shell normal.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Well come to the Ritz club. Racing green is the colour they used for their launch and showrooms so has to be good. Fuel gauge till the half way mark is slow to fall, but once it crosses the half way it drops 1 segment every 50 kms. How is the tyre noise? I found that to be on the higher side.
On rough concrete or tar surfaces, the JK vectra' noise is irritating but on smooth surfaces is negligible. I plan to go in for the anti rust underbody coat during the first service. That my guess is will reduce the noise. Did not go in for tyre change (vitamin M in short supply)

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 8th September 2009 at 14:22.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:48   #48
BHPian

Fat bottom's 300 kms trip to Kolad...

On sunday took fat bottom out for a 300 kms drive. The trip was to a friends farm house in Kolad on the Mumbai Goa highway. We took the Mulshi route while reaching Kolad and returned home via Khopoli using the expressway. Boy O boy what a route (positive and negative). The positives -- fantastic greenery, waterfalls all the way, in some places road totally covered with Fog / Clouds. Amazing, I was in a quandary whether to drive or enjoy nature. The negatives -- horrible condition of road in many places, loose rocks / mud had come down with gushing water, hence road was slippery in many a places.

The 185 vectras held there nerves in such a challenging road environ. The suspension provided the optimum support and we did not feel small to medium ruts & pot holes while going over them at 80 kmph.

Some pictures of the scenary.
Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-photo0107.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0715.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0753.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0731.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0774.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0751.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0770.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0724.jpg

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-100_0738.jpg

The gas tank was at the halfway mark but decided to load Rs 500 worth of fuel (10.46 ltrs). When we returned home it was down a segment below the halfway mark. As mentioned earlier, the roads were in a bad shape in many places. But fat bottom sustained the beating quite well. The generous ground clearance helped tackling the roads. No rattles as of now

The comfort provided by the seats is superb. Me nor my friend did not feel any strain of this journey.

KB12 is a gem of an engine. The rev happy nature meant I could not help but rev it past 2500 rpm for overtaking on the expressway. While coming back spotted a Hummer at the Khopoli food mall. It roared past us with a monstrous exhaust note.

Racing Green Suzuki Ritz Zxi-hummer.jpg

I have now clocked close to 800 kms in the first two weeks of ownership. I have not yet calculated the average yet but looking at the fuel gauge, I am expecting a very healthy figure which I am not yet used to (blame it on Corsa).

I thoroughly enjoyed my drive with fat bottom. She needs a good scrub since she's covered in a lot of muck. Hope I get some time today to do that.

I will keep updating this thread with my travails.

Take care

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 8th September 2009 at 14:51. Reason: Typos and missing text.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:38   #49
BHPian

First servicing done

Completed first servicing yesterday.

Kms done 990.
Mileage -- Yet to consume the 50 lts of petrol. Kms done till date on the fill is 810 kms .

Cost of first servicing Rs 15 for the 15 ml satchet of windshield cleaning additive.

Nikhil
Old 14th September 2009, 13:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Completed first servicing yesterday.

Kms done 990.
Mileage -- Yet to consume the 50 lts of petrol. Kms done till date on the fill is 810 kms .

Cost of first servicing Rs 15 for the 15 ml satchet of windshield cleaning additive.

Nikhil
Didn't they change the engine oil?
Old 14th September 2009, 13:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Didn't they change the engine oil?
Oil change will be in the second servicing @ 6000 kms.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Oil change will be in the second servicing @ 6000 kms.
Interesting! My Swift's first service had costed me somewhere around 1200 bucks. It included the price of oil that was changed.

Reason given: Initial 1000 kms has a lot of wear and tear in the engine and the oil gets used up too much.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 14th September 2009 at 13:49.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:13   #53
naj
BANNED

Great pics Nikhil.
What is the service schedule for Ritz?

1.3 MJD :: Ride the torque wave.
when was it purchased?
Old 14th September 2009, 22:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Interesting! My Swift's first service had costed me somewhere around 1200 bucks. It included the price of oil that was changed.

Reason given: Initial 1000 kms has a lot of wear and tear in the engine and the oil gets used up too much.
This is supposedly one of the advantages of the new K-series engine. Longer run in times before oil changes.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:08   #55
BHPian

An update on fuel economy

Finally yesterday night the fuel tank indicated that it is thirsty again.

Total run done 828.4 kms (500 kms highway, rest city, AC 90% usage), fuel consumed 50.46 litres.

The average worked out to 16.4 kms/ltr.

With the first servicing done, i am expecting the consumption to improve.

Nikhil
Old 21st September 2009, 12:34   #56
BANNED

Hi Congrats for the Ritz, I would be booking Ritz ZXI around Dec 25, just want to know how do you open the back of the car, like do you open it from inside, since its a 4 door car. Some Pics about the back seats ( top to bottom) and gow to open the hatch would be great.

Thanks
Old 21st September 2009, 12:53   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Hi Congrats for the Ritz, I would be booking Ritz ZXI around Dec 25, just want to know how do you open the back of the car, like do you open it from inside, since its a 4 door car. Some Pics about the back seats ( top to bottom) and gow to open the hatch would be great.

Thanks
The Zxi has a lever near the number plate lights for opening the hatch. There is no lever to open it from inside. Check my gallery for some rear seat pictures. I'll try to post pictures for the hatch lever.

Nikhil
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:16   #58
BANNED

Does Zxi model has the remote fuel lid and trunk opener ?
Old 24th September 2009, 11:44   #59
ada
BHPian

ZXI has remote fuel lid, but as said above the tail gate opener unlocks the moment remote is pressed, to open the same lever is used.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

plumpy looks good i must say. I love your choice of colour - Racing Green (evocative of the British Racing Green of yesteryears).
and I must say the ZXi looks really nice in those settings!
when I test drove it and checked it out a few months ago, I noted one drawback in that my head tends to hit the roofline while I am sitting in the back seat.
Have you noticed this to be an issue? (im 6 ft 2 in tall and have long legs so cannot really stretch or slump in the back seat of the Ritz)

Quote:
On sunday took fat bottom out for a 300 kms drive. The trip was to a friends farm house in Kolad on the Mumbai Goa highway. We took the Mulshi route while reaching Kolad and returned home via Khopoli using the expressway. Boy O boy what a route (positive and negative). The positives -- fantastic greenery, waterfalls all the way, in some places road totally covered with Fog / Clouds. Amazing, I was in a quandary whether to drive or enjoy nature. The negatives -- horrible condition of road in many places, loose rocks / mud had come down with gushing water, hence road was slippery in many a places.

The 185 vectras held there nerves in such a challenging road environ. The suspension provided the optimum support and we did not feel small to medium ruts & pot holes while going over them at 80 kmph.

Some pictures of the scenary.
Attachment 187092

Attachment 187087

Attachment 187093

Attachment 187089

Attachment 187095

Attachment 187091

Attachment 187094

Attachment 187088

Attachment 187090

The gas tank was at the halfway mark but decided to load Rs 500 worth of fuel (10.46 ltrs). When we returned home it was down a segment below the halfway mark. As mentioned earlier, the roads were in a bad shape in many places. But fat bottom sustained the beating quite well. The generous ground clearance helped tackling the roads. No rattles as of now

The comfort provided by the seats is superb. Me nor my friend did not feel any strain of this journey.

KB12 is a gem of an engine. The rev happy nature meant I could not help but rev it past 2500 rpm for overtaking on the expressway. While coming back spotted a Hummer at the Khopoli food mall. It roared past us with a monstrous exhaust note.

Attachment 187097

I have now clocked close to 800 kms in the first two weeks of ownership. I have not yet calculated the average yet but looking at the fuel gauge, I am expecting a very healthy figure which I am not yet used to (blame it on Corsa).

I thoroughly enjoyed my drive with fat bottom. She needs a good scrub since she's covered in a lot of muck. Hope I get some time today to do that.

I will keep updating this thread with my travails.

Take care

Nikhil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks