Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 13:47   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10

Not sure if you went ahead with the heatwrap. A heat-wrap is used on headers to keep the heat INSIDE. When you do it on the intake side, you are just encouraging heat-soak and hotter intake temperatures. Do NOT use it on the intake side. The best thing you can do is channel cool airflow around it.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:48   #557
Senior - BHPian

Re: frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10

The CAi is out. I am now running a BMC Panel Filter.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:54   #558
Senior - BHPian

Really enjoy driving her around, but guess what? Since the last two tankfuls of the same petrol from the same bunker that I fill her up regularly, she has been giving me 240-250 km on 40 litres. That's an appaling average of 6-6.5. Now this is with some highway driving and no revving beyond 5k (sedate driving most of the time)
What could be wrong?
Old 31st August 2011, 12:04   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Really enjoy driving her around, but guess what? Since the last two tankfuls of the same petrol from the same bunker that I fill her up regularly, she has been giving me 240-250 km on 40 litres. That's an appaling average of 6-6.5. Now this is with some highway driving and no revving beyond 5k (sedate driving most of the time)
What could be wrong?
Maybe the roads and traffic here that are causing it. I've noticed the potholes have increased a lot and so has the traffic in the past month. Also with Ganpati coming the traffic is even worse now.
Old 31st August 2011, 12:18   #560
Senior - BHPian

My friend, that the worst I have heard for a almost stock Fiesta

Jerish's car has a good FFE and suspension setup and last time they did eh, funtrip, the worst he got was 10.5ish kmpl. He was leading a Civic, a Pete'd Swift VDI (all the works Pete knows had gone into this car) and still!
Old 4th September 2011, 21:06   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Some pictures of the wiring harness and the dash kit (lying in the boot and waiting to be installed)

Attachment 183910
Attachment 183911
1. Frank, do you recommend getting the same Dash Kit for my S?
Or did you have to carry out some "jugaad" to fix the headunit in it?

I will be going for this headunit- JVC KD-R926BT

2. Also, do I get the same wiring harness as well?

3. What are the official name of these two items so that I do not confuse my Ford Dealer?
Old 10th November 2011, 19:27   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
1. Frank, do you recommend getting the same Dash Kit for my S?
Or did you have to carry out some "jugaad" to fix the headunit in it?

I will be going for this headunit- JVC KD-R926BT

2. Also, do I get the same wiring harness as well?

3. What are the official name of these two items so that I do not confuse my Ford Dealer?
did you go for the JVC head unit?

reviews please.
Old 20th August 2012, 12:19   #563
Senior - BHPian

Guys. With great regret, I announce that the car is on sale. She has done ONLY 20k in the blissful 3 years that she's spent with us. EVERY one I give the news to, says just one thing, "Don't sell the car!"
The point is, I travel 80-90 km a day. With Mumbai traffic, and these horrible roads, I end up spending close to 700 rupees of fuel a day at these Petrol prices. I am going in for another Ford. A Figo Diesel. At least I will be able to enjoy a car of the same lineage and on the same platform!
The car is a peach and makes me smile every single time I take her out of the garage. I am going to cry the day she goes, for sure. I have posted this here because I really want her to go to a house where she will be cared for, and loved. Mods, this is not an advertisement. It's my way of keeping her loved and pampered like I did!
Old 20th August 2012, 13:11   #564
BHPian

Hey what price are you looking at? Have you posted on the classifieds??
thumpingheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 13:57   #565
BHPian

I had seen your add in classifieds couple of days back. It was one among my favorites in this forum. The person who is gonna get it can find each and every details of the car from this thread. You have spent a lot on icing it too. Hope you will get a good buyer.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks