Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 20:27   #496
Senior - BHPian

Guys, remember, sometime back I mentioned this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1594522-post371.html

Quote:
On a light note:
On the way back, I was driving my S along the Bandra Worli Sealink. I saw a Parika Red S with a TN Registration. I stepped on the gas to see who was driving the S, because S'es are slightly less in number as compared to the omnipresent SXis, ZXi's and EXis.
Looked into the car, and there I saw Shahpur Kotwal (editor of Autocar India) driving the S, with his wife and a guest in the passenger and rear seats respectively. I saw him staring at my car and he saw me ogling at his. As soon as our cars came side to side, I raised a thumbs-up and he obliged, as if in approval of his car, and mine. What a great moment it was to find someone of my brethren. S owners are always the enthusiasts, so when one S owner meets another S owner, the chemistry is pretty amazing. I had a smile on my face on the way back home.

Cheers to all S owners. Would love to see more of you'll!!
By the way, I still dance like a child on seeing another S on the road, still!!
The editor mentioned this in this month's June ACI issue!

A big thanks to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/kiku007.html who noticed this and alerted me about it!
Cheer bro!

frankmehta gets a CARGASM: Ford Fiesta S Diamond White EDIT - REVIEW on pg10-aci.jpg
Old 29th May 2010, 11:12   #497
Senior - BHPian

A big hi to everyone! Just in case you'll didn't know, the car is going in for a MAJOR Car PC project in the coming days! More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-fiesta-s.html
Old 29th May 2010, 11:28   #498
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this is great. That was an eagle eyed catch by Kiku as well. It's indeed a special car and a white 1.6S is probably the rarest of them all. My neighbor has a string of Mercs and Bimmers and other imports, but her daily drive is a 1.6S.
Old 29th May 2010, 12:49   #499
BHPian

I am gonna buy this issue now!!!!
Old 29th May 2010, 15:20   #500
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gilead! @ abhipuru: i subscribe to it ;-)
Old 31st May 2010, 16:25   #501
Senior - BHPian

Frank, if it's not too much trouble, can you scan and post the other page as well?
Old 31st May 2010, 16:52   #502
Senior - BHPian

We are not allowed to post scanned copies here. PM me your email address ;-)
Old 11th August 2010, 14:32   #503
BHPian

hey frank, i am planning on buying the fiesta S (black) !! However, the comments i get from my family are: new fiesta is coming next year, its an old car, etc etc...
Due to hike in costs, the OTR for the S is 8.5L (my budget is 7L :-( ).

You seem to be one of the craziest S lovers in town and your review was one the reasons for my falling in love with the S. Just wanted your view, is the S still worth 8.5L ? Am really confused :(

Btw, 14th Aug will be your CARGASM's birthday !!

Last edited by Butters : 11th August 2010 at 14:43.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

Hi there! Just remember one thing. There is NEVER going to be an S.
Period. The S is one of the most driver focussed cars in India. And will always be. Listen to your heart. If you want a new Fiesta, loaded with a lot of gizmos and new features, wait.
If you feel the S is 'THE ONE,' go for it. I thought so too. My Dad was ready to buy me an Altis or a Cruze. I still went for the S.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:57   #505
BHPian

Frank, what happened to your tyre scrapping issue. Any updates on that?
Old 14th August 2010, 01:44   #506
Senior - BHPian

Hey brother. That was a mistake from Ford. They took it back and rebalanced the tyres and it is perfectly ok now.
Old 14th August 2010, 08:31   #507
BHPian

Hi Frank, was just going through this thread. Great car man and the way you take care of her is just mind blowing.

I really liked the Fey chain that you had. Any chances that you can get another, I would really love to have one for my fiesta.

Any chances????
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:04   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Here is a photo of the scuff plate. taken with flash at night. excuse the quality. this is the only picture I have.

Attachment 178752
Frank, just saw the pics of your car's scuff plates. The ones provided to me by the dealer do not have the three parallel lines. I wonder why?

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd October 2010 at 19:13.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:57   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hi Frank, was just going through this thread. Great car man and the way you take care of her is just mind blowing.

I really liked the Fey chain that you had. Any chances that you can get another, I would really love to have one for my fiesta.

Any chances????
Thanks a ton, PR! The Keychain was brought to India from USA by a dealer (KMD). He doesn't work anymore. So fat chance, getting it from there now.
I have lost mine for the second time, so I am stuck with a stock FORD key ring for the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Frank, just saw the pics of your car's scuff plates. The ones provided to me by the dealer do not have the three parallel lines. I wonder why?
No issues, scuff plates are scuff plates. Depends on the dealer who sold them to you.

My baby is now over a year old. She is purring like a beauty, and I have deliberately delayed her third free service since over 2 months. She is in the middle of a carputer project, and a service might disturb things. She is not driven much, hence the service schedule interruption might not affect her much.

Also, I had a mishap the other day, where an oncoming Indica came from the wrong side and blew the right side rear view mirror to smithereens! The ENTIRE unit has to be changed and painted in body colour.
I couldn't do much as the driver sped away.

Ok, coming to the real stuff.

I have planned the following upgrades:
1. Fully Synthetic Oil
2. Performance Air filter
3. Cold Air Intake
4. Performance Brake Pads (if the next service doesn't resolve the issue of adequate bite) Mind you, she brakes very well, but the initial bite not being there might mar confidence at times.
5. OF course, a High end carputer with a lot of gizmos including some amount of technical OBD statistics etc.

Please give me suggestions guys. Don't want to skimp on anything, so if everything doesn't fit into the budget, will do things one at a time.
Fire away, it's THAT time of the year again ;-)
Old 17th November 2010, 20:13   #510
Team-BHP Support

Frank go to City motors in Opera house and buy Mobil1 synthetic for your car. They have the best prices. Also why not give your car the OWS treatment
Products

For your air intake you should get a system designed for your car like
57-0686 - K&N 57i Series Kits, Performance Intake Kit
or
Cosworth -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks