Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 21:19   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes it is the 1.8TSi , still the best of the pic, IMO. The diesel is old gen PD and the v6 guzzles too much fuel. The 1.8 gives great performance with 8kmpl in city driving.
The dealers are still egoistic with the discounts since the car has been a hit and they find no need to offer discounts. Managed to get 25k on each car after haggling with skoda head office.
My friends fell in love with my car and we booked 5 cars together this time around, most of them were potential fortuner, accord or laura buyers.
Old 25th January 2010, 21:52   #77
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sahil, whenever you get a chance, try and do a report on both the cars' behaviors on the different rubbers. I am quite keen to know which is a better upgrade from the 205/55 R16 NCT5s.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:02   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Akki, too early to comment but it does seem almost as good. Got the A-drive R1's swapped with the NCT5(Indian made), great deal from saifee- Rs.4000 for swapping all 5 tyres. Have maintained the same size.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:15   #79
BHPian

Congrats on Superb Type II #II Sahil. It is really an amazing piece of machinery. The 1.8 TSI is the pick of the lot. Glad to see another Silver Superb on the roads. Someone told me that they offer the grey only on the V6. Is that true?
Old 27th January 2010, 13:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sahil ! 2 Superb's !

It's raining superb's here in Agra & Kanpur.

I might be getting a Laura Petrol later this year. Have heard it's quite a VFM Sedan.

Will keep a close eye on this thread for service & any issues ( if any ! ) updates
Old 28th January 2010, 10:01   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, no one speaks louder than a return customer. It's impressive on the Superb, and your dealers, part. I'm looking forward to consistent long-term updates on your Superb.

Smart choice with the 1.8 again. The Superb is a rare European car where the petrol is more impressive than the diesel. In nearly all other cases, its the other way around. Has to do as much with the direct injection petrol tech, as it does with the 2.0 PD's lack of competitiveness. A common-rail diesel should fix matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Did not mind spending more but I still couldn't find a good option that would make me want to spend those few lakhs more.
Not even the 320d Corporate edition? Would be a good pocket rocket in your garage (next to the larger 525 & Superb).
Old 29th January 2010, 10:41   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO,

The car has won me over, nothing impressive on the dealerships part. Infact I see a sense of arrogance coming into the management with the success of the Superb. My experience with JMD the first time was better, this time even after giving a combined order of 5 cars the experience was worse than last time. Registration still not done !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not even the 320d Corporate edition? Would be a good pocket rocket in your garage
Comfort & space was prime so the 3 series was not even considered. Car will be chauffeur driven for the most part. Besides even performance-wise the 1.8TSi is almost at par with the 320d on paper.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:01   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car has won me over, nothing impressive on the dealerships part. Infact I see a sense of arrogance coming into the management with the success of the Superb. My experience with JMD the first time was better, this time even after giving a combined order of 5 cars the experience was worse than last time. Registration still not done !
Jeez, the last thing that Skoda dealers need is to fly high on success I hope the Superb's run doesn't go further into their heads. Not to forget, JMD is the only good Skoda dealer in an important market like Mumbai.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:24   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Jeez, the last thing that Skoda dealers need is to fly high on success I hope the Superb's run doesn't go further into their heads. Not to forget, JMD is the only good Skoda dealer in an important market like Mumbai.
True that's why I went with JMD. And things just got better, got a call right now informing that they have opened a new workshop at Andheri-Saki Naka. Thankfully won't have to make a trip to vashi next time !
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:09   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Besides even performance-wise the 1.8TSi is almost at par with the 320d on paper.
Two questions:

1. What fuel are you filling in the 1.8 TSI? Does regular petrol work or does it have to be Speed etc.

2. Which car is the quicker performer in your view? The 320D or the Superb 1.8TSI?
Old 23rd April 2010, 01:32   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Two questions:

1. What fuel are you filling in the 1.8 TSI? Does regular petrol work or does it have to be Speed etc.

2. Which car is the quicker performer in your view? The 320D or the Superb 1.8TSI?
Regular fuel 91 octane. Most car makers advice against premium fuel.

The 320d is a better performer, it's a BMW at the end of the day
Old 25th April 2010, 17:48   #87
BHPian

Booked the Superb 1.8 TSI A/T today. Brilliant silver colour. Reasons for buying the Superb are in the link below:

Ready to book Skoda Superb 1.8. TSI -- Any precautions to take at this stage?
Old 14th August 2010, 11:18   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

1 year Service

The Superb(white one) went for it's first service yesterday to JMD at 12,000kms exactly a year later.

Total damage= Rs.11,000 - Includes consumables such as syn oil etc @ 8000 + Wheel alignment and balancing @ 1200 + Throttle body cleaning @ 1600.

Compare this to the Accord that does in for service every 5000kms and bills Rs.5000 each time(Hence by 15,000kms you would spend Rs.15,000) without the use of syn oil makes the Skoda fairly cheaper to service.

Service at JMD Saki Naka was very good, car was taken in at 10am and released by 3pm with a coat of tyre and dash board shine.

Note: The service invoice says SECOND free service??!
Old 14th August 2010, 17:21   #89
BHPian

Sahil, that seems to be almost double of what I had paid for my superb service. Although it included all things you have mentioned. Does the service cost varies from place to place. Just curious.

How was the overall service experience ?
Old 14th August 2010, 18:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, does any of your cars' have oil drinking problem. Do you have to top up oil between changes??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks