Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 12:26   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Exactly. The petrol GP is being side-lined with this overwhelming discussion on the diesels.

For people who like refinement and have low-running, they need to look at petrol cars.

I have started a new thread also for this discussion.
Thanks Neo for creating that thread. I am really looking forward to it. There has been at least 3-4 petrol Punto's booked here on TBHP but none have posted their experiences.

I'll be in market for my first car in 3-4 months and my running won't cross 1000kms /month.
Old 18th July 2009, 15:51   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Unless people are so obsessed with plastics that they ignore everything else!
+1 and are ready to pay 1.5 lakhs for it. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO... very well said my friend.
Old 18th July 2009, 21:30   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
+1 and are ready to pay 1.5 lakhs for it. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO... very well said my friend.
You know what? Once you are inside the car, looks matter to only outsiders or onlookers and you have only the interior to experience (beyond the driving experience - that too only if you are driving).

Is it wrong to expect good plastics and finish if I am paying more for this car than the current hot selling hatches?
Old 18th July 2009, 22:05   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
You know what? Once you are inside the car, looks matter to only outsiders or onlookers and you have only the interior to experience (beyond the driving experience - that too only if you are driving).

Is it wrong to expect good plastics and finish if I am paying more for this car than the current hot selling hatches?
One of the major part of the interior is ergonomics and I can GP beats i20 1.2 on that. Unless of course you are talking about the 1.4 Auto.

And I humbly request you to TD a i20 1.2 Petrol with 4 people and a/c on. Its a big disappointment. Even though GP is nothing great but on this count beats i20 fair and square.

From the Hyundai stable I have been a fan of the i30 having driven quite a few times. Would be interesting if they launch it here.

Another point that lot of FIAT/Euro bashers say that Jap/Korean cars are better, they might like to know is Getz/i10/i20/i30 were developed by Hyundai specifically for European market but didn't cut much ice there.
Old 18th July 2009, 22:08   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
The owner of this thread is someone who has replaced a hot hatch with Punto. You are paying extra if you go for Punto, but that extra is not for the plastics there are other things.
Anshuman your inputs are needed.

Last edited by Bubby : 18th July 2009 at 22:14.
Old 19th July 2009, 04:05   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The owner of this thread is someone who has replaced a hot hatch with Punto. You are paying extra if you go for Punto, but that extra is not for the plastics there are other things.
Dude, IMO - you hit the nail on the head. I see a lot of threads, ownership reports where ppl comment on everything from acceleration, engine, space, FE, quality, back-seat comfort - its liking asking for motoring perfection and built to a price.

I find it quite amusing - simply because even in a 50 L+ car (Audi, BMW, Merc) these cars are positioned to appeal to a set of people for whom the priorities are different. So the trade off for a potential buyer is whether he likes more things about a car or dislikes more.

For the author of this thread - he obviously likes more things about the punto than the swift - its as simple.

Just my 2 cents - not meant to offend anyone.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:28   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Every car has its share of compromises like Punto has bad plastics,Swift has badly bolted together plastics once my swift's bumper almost came off when hit a real deep pothole,the plastics on right front door used to rattle despite all the measures.
Overall i feel much better owning a punto rather than the swift,owning a car is altogether different experience compared to paper specs,even a 5km testdrive is not enough to judge a car properly, everybody has his choice,i would have paid extra if fiat offered me a more powerful engine.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th July 2009 at 11:31.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:10   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Another bad thing i forgot to mention about Swift is the water seepage problem from the floor when crossing water logged roads.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th July 2009 at 17:12. Reason: Spell error
Old 20th July 2009, 14:08   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Another bad thing i forgot to mention about Swift is the water seepage problem from the floor when crossing water logged roads.
i have heard from another swift owner over here too about the same thing he was complaining.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you elaborate more about the problem as i had never heard about this from the people i know owning Swift?
Old 20th July 2009, 19:17   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Could you elaborate more about the problem as i had never heard about this from the people i know owning Swift?
Last monsoons i was shocked to see water in the carpet area after i crossed water logged roads in my brand new swift,the water was not a too deep and i have never had such a experience with any of other cars i have owned (Cielo/Indica/Accent/Elantra/Scorpio). i noticed similar problem with the TD car at pasco automobiles,gurgaon and i mentioned it in another thread long ago. LINK http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-diesel-2.html

Every car has its share of problems but this was too much for me to ignore in a premium Japanese hatchback.Ask anyone who has ever hit a dog on highway while driving a swift.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th July 2009 at 19:27.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:28   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

2000km update

This weekend i went i introduced haryana's highways to the Punto, as expected she impressed me with the dynamics, highspeed stablity was good and ride was also very good for a hatchback.Got around 20kpl with light foot,swift would have returned better figure anyday still 20kpl is not a bad figure.Engine boom coupled with short gearing is annoying on highways at high speeds.

Unfair comparison: At the return trip i was driving Elantra CRDi and i felt better driving this car on the highway,performance was leagues ahead,tall gearing is loves highways and highspeed composure on uneven state highways was better than the punto.

Ive handed over the car to my dad,so no more updates for this month.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th July 2009 at 20:29.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:51   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Finally someone has tested the 1.2. Very curious to know about it's performance

Please post reviews soon.
Review posted here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1391230

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
Ah ha!!..Thank you Roms. Yeah!! +10-15 K more in B'lore but i think it is worth for me to go 4 it as i don't drive heavily.
I was waiting for a detailed review of 1.4 Fire GP, Hope to hear it from you soon. Thanks

- Vish
Finally, got the time post my TD report. We can continue the discussion here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-49.html

Sorry for interrupting your thread anshuman.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:01   #134
BHPian

Way to go !!! One decision that you wont regret for your lifetime(with a .00001 gm of salt about TATA-FIAT tie up)...FIAT Cars are a class apart...

In fact I am awaiting my new Palio 1.6 Sports, they say perhaps I am the last person to get hold of the Formula Red color, per CONCORDE. Eventualy there would be only BLACK colors being manufactured, ok i think I am digressing here..

CONGRATS . Enjoy your drive !

..Later,
Siva

----

OOps,, Sorry..My system threw up some error message and hence I ended up posting the message once again while I found the first message was posted already..
----

Last edited by s3va : 22nd July 2009 at 13:10.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:06   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Feeling so good ,teambhp is back.

After test driving the punto several times last week i decided this is the car i should be driving car rather than my 2008 Swift VDi abs,after two days of negotiation ABS motors gurgaon offered me a good deal and i gave them my Swift and bought a Red Grande Punto emotion pack,as the pdi of the car was pending ill get the car tomorrow morning.

Reasons i bought the Punto for my Swift-

1.Looks and Character.
2.Ride and handling
3.Sturdy feel

Ill post the detailed story and Swift VDi goodbye report tomorrow.

BTW i cant stop dreaming about my sexy Red Punto.

Way to go ! One decision that you wont regret for your life time( of course with .000001 gm of salt about the TATA treatment)

I am infact awaiting my new Palio 1.6 Sports, and they(..CONCORDE) say perhaps I am the last one to get hold of the FORMULA RED color as FIAT will manufacture only BLACK color 1.6's henceforth...ok i think I am digressing.

CONGRATS, enjoy your drive, FIAT cars are a class apart

..Later
Siva
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks