Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:09   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Punto Sport:
Well said .anshuman. Its a pity that even Linea manages to outsell the Punto. Both of them can really do with a boost in power.

Quote:
Regarding your concern with Figo FE:
I know a lot of the Figo owners are driving a diesel for the first time and it will take a toll on the FE. But what puzzles me is that the Figo looks to be really sensitive to the driving style/ conditions.

A friend of mine owns both Ikon TDCi and Fusion TDCi and he comments that whereas the Ikon is bullet proof in terms of FE, the Fusion's tend to vary a lot depending on the conditions.
He says, the monthly average fuel consumption of the Ikon is consistent but the Fusion varies from time to time. Even the Figo seems to be in same state of tune. Looks like I need to research a bit more.

Concorde (Kochi) is adamant that they quoted the price for BS3 Punto in Dec 09 to me and the price rise is for the BS4 conversion.

Have you driven the new BS4 Punto? Or is it all a spin?
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:16   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Unfortunately 'Active' doesn't have seat height adjuster, frankly even if it did. I wouldn't have used it...I'd hate if my head was to get any nearer to the roof.

Anshuman... I am right now in mumbai and look to be back in Del by month end, lets hook up for a drive on the NH8, I wanna check out the old Punto and see the NVH reduction you guys have achieved post solid engine run in. You know I have been thinking about it....How about we have all NCR Punto owners meet, I know a couple of them from the forum.What say...?

-B4W
Unlike in all my other cars, I keep my Punto's driver seat adjusted medium-high, this improves the Ergonomics a lot. I am 6'2" tall, with the seat adjusted this high there is lots of headroom left. The steering height adjust is a joke in Punto, at any position above lowest level it feels like the steering in Indica and Indigo, How can they expect our arms to be as long as the Ape's?

Why only Punto owners meet? We should plan an all BHPians meet soon.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:28   #318
Team-BHP Support

Brand specific meets not allowed fellows.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:43   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Unlike in all my other cars, I keep my Punto's driver seat adjusted medium-high, this improves the Ergonomics a lot. I am 6'2" tall, with the seat adjusted this high there is lots of headroom left. The steering height adjust is a joke in Punto, at any position above lowest level it feels like the steering in Indica and Indigo, How can they expect our arms to be as long as the Ape's?

Why only Punto owners meet? We should plan an all BHPians meet soon.
Well, with 5'11 frame I am on the whole okay with the hand to steering ergonomics. I think think the cutting radius is a bigger joke ! I keep banging my steering with a thudd, especially while doing a U turn. After this, I think I have a fair idea on how to do a 'U' in Truck/Trawler.

Yea, my need for first hand dope from Punto Owners got the better off me...lets do full ON NCR BHP meet where we folks drive up to someplace on the NH8 (Neemrana et all). Just one request if you are looking to open a thread...keep the dates for next month, I look to be back by then.

-B4W
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:07   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a call from ABS motors yesterday, I thought of ignoring the call but i picked it up, It was their Customer relationship manager, he said he along with a technician wanted to come to my place for a general check up, I gave them my office address.

They were at place at the promised time. The technician did a general check up of the car while the CRM took a note of issues with the car. Now they have asked me to send the car to the service center on any weekday and they will get all the issues fixed on the same working day. My previous experience with them has been poor but now this new CRM says things have changed, so i have decided to give them a last try. This service center is slightly better then the other two Tata-Fiat Service centers in Gurgaon.

Fiat is really working hard to keep the customers satisfied. The biggest hurdle in this process is the sub-standard Tata service stations and their staff. Though Fiat makes great cars the ownership experience is not as good as Hyundai or Maruti.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd July 2010 at 12:08.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:13   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat is really working hard to keep the customers satisfied. The biggest hurdle in this process is the sub-standard Tata service stations and their staff. Though Fiat makes great cars the ownership experience is not as good as Hyundai or Maruti.
Right on there. Its the TATA service which is hampering the overall ownership experience. Though in Pune at least we have a good service at BUB and I am happy with them. I am servicing my car (Palio and now Punto) at their service center since 2007 and I am thoroughly satisfied.

At least to me, 365 days count a lot on a car rather than max 7 days in workshop and process.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:10   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

I will post all the updates from now on in my new Long term ownership thread. Moderators Please close this thread. Thank you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks