Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 18:33   #1471
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

No. As they stopped booking for sometime now - am waiting !.

Please do post - if you get any update from Capital Honda on cancellation/Booking start etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th March 2012, 10:36   #1472
Senior - BHPian

In Mumbai, I feel Jazz X version price may increase by almost 40-50k in view of the hike in excise and state taxes, coupled with cascading effects onto octroi as well. But I guess same will be for almost all cars in same bracket.
Old 30th March 2012, 10:49   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
No. As they stopped booking for sometime now - am waiting !.

Please do post - if you get any update from Capital Honda on cancellation/Booking start etc.

Thanks in advance.
Sandeep I spoke to SM of Capital Honda- OMR and he said he can take the booking. Officially they are maintaining a wait period of 6 months, but again he said that from April, they might be getting atleast 30 car lot per month and hence he might be able to deliver it earlier as well.
Let me know if you need his number. I'll PM you.
vigneshA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 14:39   #1474
BHPian

Thanks Vignesh. Please do PM the contact details. I spoke to sundaram motors - SM now.He is still in the same stand. No clarity yet. For practical reasons, would prefer to go to Sundaram. But let us see - as long as someone delivers the product - why not !
Old 1st April 2012, 22:59   #1475
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my Urban titanium Select today. Its a paradigm shift from Alto. The delivery process did go smooth. Yet to come to terms with everything about the car.
Will try and update more of my experiences through Ownership thread.
Old 1st April 2012, 23:10   #1476
BHPian

Congrats on the UT Jazz ! Must have been a long wait until delivery.
Awaiting pics and write up on ownership thread.
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:36   #1477
BHPian

Congrats Vignesh on your purchase of Jaaz, after the price cut it has certainly become the best buy in its segment. It is worth the long waiting period. Honda will always bring you smiles, do post some pictures & a write up.
Old 2nd April 2012, 10:20   #1478
BHPian

Thanks Ricci and Srikanth. Ofcourse the wait was long - for about 5 months from Oct,with some dilemma in the middle about switch to diesel, mind or hear etc. But after this 1 1/2 days of ownership - heart feels right to have gone for this. Lets hope the mind too feels right ( car keeps good with no issues). Will get an ownership thread created soon.
Old 4th April 2012, 22:52   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Finally got the delivery of my Urban titanium Select today. Its a paradigm shift from Alto. The delivery process did go smooth. Yet to come to terms with everything about the car.
Will try and update more of my experiences through Ownership thread.
Whoa, a shift from Alto to Jazz is surely a paradigm shift. Indeed, the 'sound' of Alto is quite different to that of the Jazz. By the way, are you a musician or do you like owning cars with musical connotations? Just joking.

As others have stated, I'm also looking forward to your ownership experiences. As I have mentioned many times in this forum, my wife and I simply love the Jazz for its space (cabin and boot) management as well as the features/fitments it provides on even the base model. My heart skips a beat whenever I walk past a stationary Jazz. It is extremely unfortunate that the Jazz hasn't jazzed up more sales in India.

Last edited by misquitas : 4th April 2012 at 22:53.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:00   #1480
BHPian

I got a call from a Honda Dealer today saying Jazz bookings are now open, and he said he can deliver by May end if I book this week. He says they have started getting regular deliveries now, and backlog will get cleared out by May.
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 15:49   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
I got a call from a Honda Dealer today saying Jazz bookings are now open, and he said he can deliver by May end if I book this week. He says they have started getting regular deliveries now, and backlog will get cleared out by May.
Which dealer is this?And by any chance they have a demo car?
Old 5th April 2012, 15:54   #1482
BHPian

Magnum Honda on Kanakapura road. I did not ask about TD vehicle, as I have been tracking the Jazz story since last year, and i dont really believe the projections the dealers give, as they dont really have that good visibility into Honda production schedules or overall backlogs.
I told him that I will take a TD next Month hopefully by then the waittime will be lower and with Ertiga launch around the corner, I want to check that out too.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:37   #1483
BHPian

I honestly dont believe that the dealer will sell you a TD vehicle now. Almost all, may be with exceptions dont have either a display or TD Jazz, and if they had, they would have sold that too.
I am keen to start on my thread, but a lot of commitments is hodling it off.
Misquitas - looking at your signature, seems that you had your i10 pretty recently? Are you considering upgrade?

Last edited by vigneshA : 5th April 2012 at 18:40.
Old 5th April 2012, 20:45   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Misquitas - looking at your signature, seems that you had your i10 pretty recently? Are you considering upgrade?
I would love to have bought the Jazz, when I was looking to buy a car in December 2010. At that time, the Jazz was overpriced and my budget was Rs 5 lakh. A few months after we bought the i10, the Jazz prices were reduced by about Rs 1 lakh and I may have considered stretching my Rs 5 lakh budget to about Rs 6.15 for the base Jazz, if we were still on the lookout for a new car.

Also, sometime in July 2011, we happened to visit the Jazz showroom and a salesman informed us that a customer wanted to sell off his fully loaded 2010 Jazz for about Rs 5 lakh! Had this offer been available a few months earlier, my signature could have read: "A Jazz lover"

What makes the Jazz even more desirable to me are the following two reasons:

1. Wife simply loves the Jazz for its cabin/boot space and the magic seat system.
2. Petrol prices have dropped by Rs 11 here in Goa (Petrol is now Rs 55 per litre), making the Jazz an even more attractive option for regular use.

With our i10 barely over a year old, it makes no economic sense to pop it off for the Jazz, no matter how much my heart yearns for the Jazz.

Last edited by misquitas : 5th April 2012 at 20:46.
Old 6th April 2012, 09:07   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Magnum Honda on Kanakapura road. I did not ask about TD vehicle, as I have been tracking the Jazz story since last year, and i dont really believe the projections the dealers give, as they dont really have that good visibility into Honda production schedules or overall backlogs.
I believe that his estimates may have been correct because I was quoted a 5 month waiting period last month, and last week Honda re-opened the Thailand plant at full throttle!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks