Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 16:19   #1456
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

indeed Adroit_91. i shall wait. come may - we may have better visibility as well.

please do keep this thread posted - if anyone hear about jazz booking open.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th March 2012, 17:10   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
This kind of news makes me really really sad. I sincerely hope there is no price hike for the Jazz. Having booked my 1st own car, stretching the budget, mentally prepared to patiently wait till August for the Jazz, moving to a new house to take care of parking issues...and then such news. Tried reaching the SA from Magnum Honda, Bangalore to confirm the above price-hike thing and he seems to be on leave. Can any other members confirm the news?

Thanks,
I had booked a car in September and was told that a car is available by end of the month and i have been asked to shell out additional 10k because of the price hike. The Sales Rep said he can't help. I have refused to pay more.
Old 13th March 2012, 04:22   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
I had booked a car in September and was told that a car is available by end of the month and i have been asked to shell out additional 10k because of the price hike. The Sales Rep said he can't help. I have refused to pay more.
First the wait of 6-8 months and now they are asking people to shell out additional amount. Not a good strategy by Honda. I dont think dealer can do anything here if its the direction from the manufacturer.
Old 13th March 2012, 14:25   #1459
BHPian

Picked up my white Select yesterday from Arya Honda, Prabhadevi. Short drive back home to Jaslok, in a fair amount of traffic. Good car!
Old 13th March 2012, 14:39   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
Picked up my white Select yesterday from Arya Honda, Prabhadevi. Short drive back home to Jaslok, in a fair amount of traffic. Good car!
Great news for all of us waiting patiently. Congratulations.
Old 17th March 2012, 00:40   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Guys, why dont we cut the delivery woes from the thread? Last few pages are only these issues.

Any updates on the car ownership, mods, accessories?
Old 18th March 2012, 12:10   #1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys, why dont we cut the delivery woes from the thread? Last few pages are only these issues.

Any updates on the car ownership, mods, accessories?
I wish to share a recent experiment I tried to do with my (actually that of my wife) Jazz. Since I drive this car in turns for a week or more at a stretch from Delhi to Gurgaon, I was quite eager to have a bluetooth and USB port for the stock music system. I searched various forums and had discussions with the 2 dealers in Gurgaon and finally zeroed in on the Caska unit for Jazz.

That was the beginning of a nightmare. I contacted the distributor of Caska and he advised that he did have a Jazz unit readily available. I jumped at this and went to his outlet. Saw the unit which was actually a universal unit with a frame to be used for mounting.The agreed price was around Rs 35,000 with all bells and whistles including Map My India card. That was the good part.

The installation was done very badly with jugaad frames (used inside dash) used to affix the unit and the result was a misaligned and very non oem looking finish. The distributor agreed and said that he will speak to Caska and ask for a company personnel to come and re-install the system. Then began my follow ups and the promised 3-4 days became more than 2 weeks.

When I was asked to come again for a resolution of the issue by Caska engineers, it actually turned out that the same installers will try their luck again. I threw a fit, spoke to Caska guys and said all I could and immediately demanded a full refund.

Thank God that this was given on the spot since the distributor completely agreed that the Caska unit was a complete misfit on Jazz.The Stock unit was installed back and my shortlived experiment ended there.

My 2 cents here are that the Jazz Caska unit is anything but OEM fit and finish and the stock unit looks so beautifully integrated that I will now look for the X-Carlink solution for Bluetooth and usb.
Old 18th March 2012, 15:07   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brags View Post
My 2 cents here are that the Jazz Caska unit is anything but OEM fit and finish and the stock unit looks so beautifully integrated that I will now look for the X-Carlink solution for Bluetooth and usb.
Sad experience there!!

Has anybody ever considered importing the "Touchscreen + Navigation" ICE spare-part from the UK? That seems plug and play to me! Just wondering if anyone has considered it. I am!
Old 18th March 2012, 15:11   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brags View Post
I remember seeing one of the caska units fitted on the display car at the dealer. It fit in nicely, and though not as integrated as the existing dash, it did not looks out of place or non-OEM.

This was on the pre-facelifted model, though that should not change anything as interior on the facelifted model is exactly the same.

It could be that the guys you went to for the fitting did not go a good job
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:21   #1465
Senior - BHPian

It seems we also have now to bear a disproportionate hike in prices because of the budget. Honda has increased prices of Jazz by Rs. 15,000/- while Brio gets only a Rs. 5,000/- increase and City only Rs. 10,500/-.

Shame on you Honda, Jazz price increase due to 2% hike should be only Rs. 6-7,000/-, not Rs. 15,000/-.
sandeep108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:29   #1466
Senior - BHPian

^
sandeep108, 2% hike on a 6L car will amount to 12K.

But it looks like Honda has the least margin on the Jazz when compared to the City and the Brio.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:54   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
It seems we also have now to bear a disproportionate hike in prices because of the budget. Honda has increased prices of Jazz by Rs. 15,000/- while Brio gets only a Rs. 5,000/- increase and City only Rs. 10,500/-.

Shame on you Honda, Jazz price increase due to 2% hike should be only Rs. 6-7,000/-, not Rs. 15,000/-.
Those numbers seem to be misquoted. The City will attract a higher price rise than the Jazz going by the ex-showroom prices. The Jazz is more likely to see a rise of around 10-12K.
Old 26th March 2012, 18:22   #1468
BHPian

The on road price increase for Jazz works out to around 25k which is around 4% bracket. I had booked a base version for 656 k and now it seems to be around 680.
The dealer had called me and informed that they had got UT Select version in the current lot and asked me if i was willing to trade both version and color and i agreed. UT was my second color of choice, silver was the first one.
Additionally there were some concerns on vehicle registration tax going up in TN, and hence they were keen on registering the car within this week. The vehicle had arrived in today and i had a look at it in Captial honda yard at GST Road. Saw couple of silver Select versions of jazz as well. Looked at the exterior and was ok. didnt find anything out of place. the tires were Good year..
Old 27th March 2012, 15:43   #1469
BHPian

Congrats Vignesh. Indeed a good news. BTW - When did you book this car ?.

When spoke to Sundaram, he said - it will be only in June/July. Also, any cancellations - they are happy to refund & no filling the slot etc.

What is the story with Capital Honda - on new bookings ? Cancellations ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
The on road price increase for Jazz works out to around 25k which is around 4% bracket. I had booked a base version for 656 k and now it seems to be around 680.
Old 27th March 2012, 18:26   #1470
BHPian

Captial Honda also said that there aren';t any cancellations inspite of delay in delivery. I did my booking on 20th Oct. I guess they went with priority list and i think somebody refused and i got hold of one.
BTW, have you also booked one..
In the current cosignment i saw about 3 Jazz. Rest were all predominantly Brio's and few City s. I think the next consigment may be in mid-april. Please check with your dealer on your priority no. and when is the next consigment.
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks