Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 12:53   #1441
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I get an sms today (from I do not know, probably some dealer when I was making inquiries) saying Jazz bookings are now open. But my dealer says it is rubbish, they have no word from Honda and even this month they are not getting many cars. X variant is still a problem. Expected date is mid-April only.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 6th March 2012 at 12:58.
Old 6th March 2012, 12:58   #1442

Hi Guys,
After the looong wait, i am finally getting delivery of a red Jazz that i had booked in August, tomorrow - March 7th. Reading this thread, i am not sure whether the wait was worth it. :P. If Honda phases out the jazz model, then the resale value would automatically fall down...also, waiting for soo loong for a petrol car?? having second thoughts of whether it was really worth it. Anyway taking delivery of the car with color of my choice tomorrow - without any interest or freebies for the wait. Hope the jazz lives up to my earlier expectations - space, smoothness, and a joy to own.
Old 6th March 2012, 20:20   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hi Guys,
After the looong wait, i am finally getting delivery of a red Jazz that i had booked in August, tomorrow - March 7th. Reading this thread, i am not sure whether the wait was worth it. :P. If Honda phases out the jazz model, then the resale value would automatically fall down...also, waiting for soo loong for a petrol car?? having second thoughts of whether it was really worth it. Anyway taking delivery of the car with color of my choice tomorrow - without any interest or freebies for the wait. Hope the jazz lives up to my earlier expectations - space, smoothness, and a joy to own.
Congratulations buddy!
Believe you me, youre going to love the car and forget the wait very soon!
Old 7th March 2012, 10:45   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hi Guys,
August? That means I have yet to wait at least a month. Congrats and all the best for your car.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:56   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post

But somehow, i get this feeling that Honda is hell bent on pushing other products - The Brio and The City onto the customer who steps in to buy the Jazz.
Maybe, the Jazz is not that profitable a product in the companies product mix
Do not think - profit will be a question. Considering there are basic maths in revising the price to 1-1.5 lac less. It could be the Market Strategy !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
And since Brio and City cost and margin are "BREAD N BUTTER " for honda , the main focus is there!
City - yes. it was/is the market lead on petrol. But Brio is new entrant (or say late entrant to indian - talk about i10, swift - flooded roads already).
Indeed the CE version of City taken all the Jazz bookings.

Again - can sense a marketing strategy here - than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
I don't think Honda will be phasing out the Jazz from India. Avilability is an issue, I agree, but with the wait comes exclusivity. I say so because I am the proud owner of a Dec '11 Jazz Select.
Thanks for those nice words. I really like to see Honda comes back with the good news soon.

Wonder - if they can increase the Brio & City sales to great heights (check feb sales figures) - am sure, they could as well turn-up the jazz production through alternatives.

Honda indeed made a great move in 2011 placing 3 different segments (B2, C1 (though jazz qualify for premium B2 !), C2) with tight pricing. Why kill it. Unless they really have something really in store.

Wait & Watch.

Note - am moving towards booking a City, but crave to go for Jazz (c'mon - City is all over the city & i like to jazz around) !!!
Old 7th March 2012, 20:47   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer
Hi Guys,
Congrats buddy. I took mine with color change last friday and feel that wait was worth the drive pleasure.
Have a great and safe drive !!
Old 8th March 2012, 14:44   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Have no doubts Redeemer. You're doing it right. You'll agree With me the moment you drive her out off the showroom.
Old 9th March 2012, 00:39   #1448
BHPian

I've booked a Honda Jazz X (Rallye Red) too! Not sure when would I get it though! My heart has been set on it for quite a while, so didn't want to even consider any other car!

So, given the looooooong wait that I would have to endure before getting the car, I'm trying to figure out what accessories are recommended with this model?
Also, would a tire upgrade be feasible (w/o voiding any warranties), so that I get a little better drivability as well as save the bottom of my soon-to-be-car from Bangalore's highly scientifically designed back-breakers (read:speed-breakers)? What specs are recommended?
Old 9th March 2012, 06:42   #1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91
so that I get a little better drivability as well as save the bottom of my soon-to-be-car from Bangalore's highly scientifically designed back-breakers (read:speed-breakers)? What specs are recommended?
I got mine with michelin tyres , and having driving Civic and Zen , both used to scrape on some speedbreakers in my locality. But now Jazz with 4ppl doesn't touch. Haven't tried with luggage though.

SA mentioned that any change in tyre size wud void the mechanical warrenty. May be experianced gurus can clarify this better.
avikannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 09:45   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
But now Jazz with 4ppl doesn't touch. Haven't tried with luggage though.
Thanks!! That information really helps! I'm not going to travel with 4 people 99% of the time! Just the 2 of us!

Also, since you mention, is there a possibility of "choosing" which tires I want, given the amazing waiting periods!! Since I have only just booked, can I insist on Michelins? Do the Michelins make that much of a difference?
Old 9th March 2012, 11:41   #1451
Senior - BHPian

I intend to change my tires immediately to 185/65. 1 upsize ought not to bother anybody too much but the increase in OD will improve ride and GC as well as grip, especially if I get some OEM rubbish.
Old 9th March 2012, 12:39   #1452
BHPian

Quick thing - Do anyone here has a contact with factory folks - just to see what is cooking on the Jazz front ?.

The dealers are in City-SELL mode and not interested in talking about Jazz at all.

One part of brain says - be patient & wait for miracle to happen - come april, but other says - nothing going to change, move-on buddy !!!.
Old 11th March 2012, 10:18   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Quick thing - Do anyone here has a contact with factory folks - just to see what is cooking on the Jazz front ?.
Honda has already committed to finish the backlog of all Jazz bookings by June. So, I say, if you can afford to stay put for 4 months, go ahead and book one! At least, if you already have a booking, do NOT cancel!

I don't think Honda is going to mess up on deliveries front anymore. I don't think they can afford it. In case the upcoming budget doesn't levy any heavy duties on diesel vehicles, then Honda will be under even more pressure to make sure that the customer doesn't have time to think again about getting their cars!
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 11:24   #1454
BHPian

I booked in Mumbai at the end of August, UT XMT, but no news about it yet and neither are dealers giving any dates. I wonder how long new bookings would have to wait, but I assume it will be more than a couple of months
Old 11th March 2012, 11:24   #1455
Senior - BHPian

And if the budget does levy additional duty on diesel cars, then Brio/Jazz/City and petrol models of other cars will be back in demand.

I understand that they should be clearing all August bookings by end March and even some of September. Balance all will be cleared by mid/end-April.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 11th March 2012 at 11:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks