Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 11:00   #1426
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus View Post
bansal98, the Magnum Honda guys have a TD vehicle. It seems the cars of their GM and hence available from Mon-Sat, with prior appointment. Let me know if you would need the sales guy's number.
Thanks. Can you please PM me the sales guy's number? If you are not able to send a PM, please mention it here itself.
Old 28th February 2012, 00:10   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
Thanks. Can you please PM me the sales guy's number? If you are not able to send a PM, please mention it here itself.
Sure thing, the sales guy's name is Bharath and the contact number is 9900061012
Peepsimus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 10:15   #1428
BHPian

I have decided to let go of my booking for the jazz and plunge for the swift zdi.

Yes, I love the driving of the swift, but would have still loved to get my hands on the jazz. Of only this country had a rational pricing for petrol and diesel..
Old 29th February 2012, 20:50   #1429

Hi ,
I'm going to take delivery of my Jazz XMT, Due to thailand issue and parts not delivered front grill and rear spoiler is not given.

Dealer says he will deliver and later he shall replace when stocks come. I need to pay 8000/- then.

Need you opinion as to is it normal that these parts of essential accessories thats charged seperately to ex-showroom price of the car?Are these not part of ex-showroom price?

Thanks for inputs.
Cheers,
Avinash
Old 29th February 2012, 23:24   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan
Hi ,
I'm going to take delivery of my Jazz XMT, Due to thailand issue and parts not delivered front grill and rear spoiler is not given.

Dealer says he will deliver and later he shall replace when stocks come. I need to pay 8000/- then.

Need you opinion as to is it normal that these parts of essential accessories thats charged seperately to ex-showroom price of the car?Are these not part of ex-showroom price?

Thanks for inputs.
Cheers,
Avinash
When I got a quotation for Jazz XMT, it showed an additional entry called standard accessories. IIRC, it was Separate from the ex showroom price.
Old 2nd March 2012, 08:48   #1431

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi ,

I booked my XMT in Aug & got the delivery in Nov. - The X grade kit is yet to arrive & the latest is that they're not expected for another 3-4 months (Till then, it's difficult to externally distinguish our XMT from a base variant).

The price of these 'optional' accessories were listed as a separate line item in the invoice as one can always choose not to go for it (one of my friends thought the honeycomb grill looked better than the body colored one & avoided the X-Grade kit altogether)
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:19   #1432
BHPian

Got a call from Arya, stating that my car will be coming in March, no red though, only Urban Titanium and White for March dispatch. Asked them to change to UT. Then they called back yesterday, stating that there is a price increase for the UT, to 6.90L OTR, up from the 678547 I was quoted earlier.
Utter rubbish! They stated that the price increase was from Honda themselves, and offered the white car at the original price. Have finally given them the go ahead for the white car, will be here by the 13th.
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:14   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
Got a call from Arya, stating that my car will be coming in March, no red though, only Urban Titanium and White for March dispatch. Asked them to change to UT. Then they called back yesterday, stating that there is a price increase for the UT, to 6.90L OTR, up from the 678547 I was quoted earlier.
Utter rubbish! They stated that the price increase was from Honda themselves, and offered the white car at the original price. Have finally given them the go ahead for the white car, will be here by the 13th.
This kind of news makes me really really sad. I sincerely hope there is no price hike for the Jazz. Having booked my 1st own car, stretching the budget, mentally prepared to patiently wait till August for the Jazz, moving to a new house to take care of parking issues...and then such news. Tried reaching the SA from Magnum Honda, Bangalore to confirm the above price-hike thing and he seems to be on leave. Can any other members confirm the news?

Thanks,
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:32   #1434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepsimus

This kind of news makes me really really sad. I sincerely hope there is no price hike for the Jazz. Having booked my 1st own car, stretching the budget, mentally prepared to patiently wait till August for the Jazz, moving to a new house to take care of parking issues...and then such news. Tried reaching the SA from Magnum Honda, Bangalore to confirm the above price-hike thing and he seems to be on leave. Can any other members confirm the news?

Thanks,
^^ i took my xmt delivery last evening and SA at magnum confirmed that from next delivery the rates will be +10k ! The cars invoiced until feb 29 have the previous rates.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:49   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
^^ i took my xmt delivery last evening and SA at magnum confirmed that from next delivery the rates will be +10k ! The cars invoiced until feb 29 have the previous rates.
In my opinion, Honda needs to make the Jazz (my dream hatch) more attractive to buyers. And adding Rs 10k to the price tag, at this juncture, is only going to annoy the few potential buyers at the Jazz showrooms.

Reducing the price tag by almost Rs 1 lakh did little to boost the sales of the Jazz. Then, the Thailand floods submerged Honda's chances of adding more Jazzes to the Indian market.

Instead of adding the extra Rs 10k, Honda should, on the contrary, offer freebies as compensation to those buyers who have been very patiently waiting for the Jazz for a number of months. Honda should be grateful that they have loyal fans and they cannot take them for granted.

Personally, I sincerely hope the Jazz becomes a successful product. It is a superb hatch for cabin/boot space and what impresses me is that even the base variant has almost, if not all, of the safety features.
Old 5th March 2012, 11:09   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
In my opinion, Honda needs to make the Jazz (my dream hatch) more attractive to buyers. And adding Rs 10k to the price tag, at this juncture, is only going to annoy the few potential buyers at the Jazz showrooms.

Reducing the price tag by almost Rs 1 lakh did little to boost the sales of the Jazz. Then, the Thailand floods submerged Honda's chances of adding more Jazzes to the Indian market.

Instead of adding the extra Rs 10k, Honda should, on the contrary, offer freebies as compensation to those buyers who have been very patiently waiting for the Jazz for a number of months. Honda should be grateful that they have loyal fans and they cannot take them for granted.

Personally, I sincerely hope the Jazz becomes a successful product. It is a superb hatch for cabin/boot space and what impresses me is that even the base variant has almost, if not all, of the safety features.

But somehow, i get this feeling that Honda is hell bent on pushing other products - The Brio and The City onto the customer who steps in to buy the Jazz.
Maybe, the Jazz is not that profitable a product in the companies product mix
Old 5th March 2012, 11:59   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201

But somehow, i get this feeling that Honda is hell bent on pushing other products - The Brio and The City onto the customer who steps in to buy the Jazz.
Maybe, the Jazz is not that profitable a product in the companies product mix
That sure seems to be the case. Well, jazz has had a price cut of over a lakh, and assuming Honda has kept the quality of all components same, that's a lot of reduction in margin.

Brio, on the other hand, has been designed to be priced at the point it is at. Hence the margins would definitely be what Honda wanted.

That could be the reason why they are prioritizing the brio over jazz, in sales and production.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:09   #1438

What i was told by SA was same as above , manufacturing cost of jazz is not justified with margin in inida so the major chunk of jazz made here is exported to europe and thailand region because the local plant there is not yet reopened after flood damage.

And since Brio and City cost and margin are "BREAD N BUTTER " for honda , the main focus is there!
Old 5th March 2012, 22:48   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
What i was told by SA was same as above , manufacturing cost of jazz is not justified with margin in inida so the major chunk of jazz made here is exported to europe and thailand region because the local plant there is not yet reopened after flood damage.

And since Brio and City cost and margin are "BREAD N BUTTER " for honda , the main focus is there!
I somehow get the painful feeling that Honda wants to discontinue the Jazz in India in probably the similar way that Ford discontinued the Fusion. Both were excellent cars with space, space and more space in mind.

Honda's completely misread the Indian market as far as the Jazz is concerned. First, it overpriced the car, then it lowered the price by Rs 1 lakh. The Thailand floods further ruined their attempts to salvage the car. And now, their efforts to give preference to the Brio sales and plans to hike the Jazz by about Rs 10k is only a feeble approach to keep the Jazz on a ventilator. Officially, the Jazz may still be in the showroom, but unofficially Honda seems to be closing the chapter for the Jazz, at least here in India.

And in a bid to extricate itself of this mess, Honda (or at least their sales executives) will cook up some theory that "manufacturing costs of Jazz is not justified in India."

I envy those Jazz owners on a daily basis who have the pleasure of steering one of the most spacious (cabin/booth) hatches for its specifications. I love the concept of the Jazz and I hate to see this beauty disappear in the near future.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:31   #1440
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Honda will be phasing out the Jazz from India. Avilability is an issue, I agree, but with the wait comes exclusivity. I say so because I am the proud owner of a Dec '11 Jazz Select.

We get to read so many positive reviews 'bout the Swift since there are so many of em out there. And I would opine that handling maybe the only field where the Swift has an edge (a very narrow one, let me add), and the Jazz is better in every other aspect.

"The pleasure of the kill, lies in the chase"!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks