Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 00:08   #1396
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
Anyone who boozed their Jazz in the month of September get any updates on the delivery date ? booked mine back in Aug, received a letter from the dealership stating a delay and that i would receive my car in Feb which was tentative again. Feb is here and still no update from the dealership
Officially there's been a delay upto 6 months.
Maybe you can expect something by this month or the next.
Old 7th February 2012, 10:24   #1397
Senior - BHPian

I was told Feb-end/March, but I have booked it a bit later (almost towards the end, when they closed the bookings). I do see a few new cars, but they are missing the X accessories (spoiler/front grill). So there yet seems to be problems at Honda's end. I think still August bookings have not been delivered, forget about September.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:35   #1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Is the dash height not an issue even when the driver seat is set at the lowest position. Since x has drivers height adjust, that could be the reason you don't have an issue?
I tried specifically with keeping the seat at it's lowest and still think the dash height to be a non-issue at least for tall people. I wonder if the base & select variants would be configured to the lowest seat height (I assume they should be set to a matching height with the adjacent seat, which feels good). Personally - to support the legs, I found the middle height range the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
Anyone who boozed their Jazz in the month of September get any updates on the delivery date ? booked mine back in Aug, received a letter from the dealership stating a delay and that i would receive my car in Feb which was tentative again. Feb is here and still no update from the dealership
I booked mine on 31st Aug. After consistent follow-ups (& settling for a different variant+color from what I'd originally booked), I got the delivery in Nov. Looking at the waiting time - I'm glad I made the switch & am enjoying the exclusivity & admiration on roads. I do feel sorry for the other customers though and it's high time that Honda lives up to its reputation.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:10   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
I tried specifically with keeping the seat at it's lowest and still think the dash height to be a non-issue at least for tall people. I wonder if the base & select variants would be configured to the lowest seat height (I assume they should be set to a matching height with the adjacent seat, which feels good). Personally - to support the legs, I found the middle height range the best.
Thanks! I will have to try it again before i decide. If driving position is not a problem i will go for the select itself as it will be quicker delivery and cheaper
Old 7th February 2012, 21:18   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda expects normal output by March as parts supplies resume!

"Honda will reach full production of the hatchback Brio by the middle of next month which will be followed by the Jazz."

Honda expects normal output by March as parts supplies resume - The Economic Times
How I hope and pray that Jazz supplies are resolved by March-April and that they re-affirm their faith in this outstanding hatch with sedan-like space. It would be a tragedy if Honda were to give up on Jazz in the way Ford wound up the Fusion. For sheer space and more space, both of these hatches remain my dream cars.

Last edited by misquitas : 7th February 2012 at 21:34.
Old 8th February 2012, 15:50   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
I own a Jazz X and have never found the height to be an issue (I'm 6" & maybe the height has already been adjusted at the higher end). Dashboard visibility is good.

Reg. the quicker delivery of Select, based on my personal experience - X would be the fastest in delivery. (I booked a UT Select and had to go for an X as Select's waiting period was much much longer). Even per the bookings, Selects are most in demand.
I have a Jazz 'X' and am not a tall person. Yet I find that the default seating position works fine for me. I have tried the Height adjustment just for the heck of it but eventually went back to the default position.
Old 8th February 2012, 22:34   #1402
Senior - BHPian

I am 5ft 3. I am happy with the default settings. Never felt need for height adjustment.
Old 9th February 2012, 17:46   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am 5ft 3. I am happy with the default settings. Never felt need for height adjustment.
Hmmm.. I guess i must try a drive again. If there is no requirement for height adjust, i will get the select and my wait time will come down!
Old 11th February 2012, 16:16   #1404
BANNED

Has anyone heard when booking for Jazz are getting reopened?

I was in market from September'11 for hatchback and had shortlisted Jazz (Wify and Mom both liked the car) over i20 and Fabia (even though I am aware of drawbacks - low ground clearance, sluggish performance in lower gears). However as luck would have it, when I was about to book the car, booking got closed becaues of Thialand Floods. So made my mind to postpone car buying till Feb'12.

I got a ray of hope when one of the Mumbai dealer said that bookings would get open in first week of Feb'12. However when checked this week, same dealer said that bookings are not yet open and might not start for next 2-3 months with deliveries post 5-6 months from now...

Now its difficult to wait till this much time as my current car has started showing its age. I am now thinking of test driving i20 (there is another thread for i20 facelift not sure when its goign to launch) and Fabia again.

Any one has any news when Jazz bookings are getting re opened?
Old 11th February 2012, 16:32   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Has anyone heard when booking for Jazz are getting reopened?
I spoke to Apex Honda (Sion off Eastern Exp Highway in Mumbai) couple of days back and there seems to be no progress on the Jazz front. They aren't taking bookings as of now. However, a friend of mine who had booked Brio in December is going to get her car delivered this month. The same dealership has asked her to be prepared with payment.
Old 11th February 2012, 19:58   #1406
BHPian

checked with Dakshin Honda today, where i booked a Jazz XMT back in Aug 30th, was informed that production will commence in full swing for the jazz by march/april and i would get the car only by may
oh and mine was the 62nd in the booking list for the Jazz
Old 11th February 2012, 20:26   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh

I spoke to Apex Honda (Sion off Eastern Exp Highway in Mumbai) couple of days back and there seems to be no progress on the Jazz front. They aren't taking bookings as of now. However, a friend of mine who had booked Brio in December is going to get her car delivered this month. The same dealership has asked her to be prepared with payment.
Officially Honda has said that they are going to give priority to the Brio
Old 14th February 2012, 13:42   #1408

Talked to Magnum Honda who told me that Feb-March would be devoted to clearing City and Brio backlogs.

April-May would be for Civic and Jazz....
Old 14th February 2012, 15:37   #1409
BHPian

As per Pearl Honda, Gurgaon Jazz Booking has reopened on 12th February. However fresh booking deliveries would be only after 3-4 months from now. Till then backlog Jazz bookings would be cleared.

I had gone to Pearl Honda to collect my refund amount of Rs. 50,000/- Booking Amount paid on 1st September (against a Rallye Red Jazz X). I was still Number 33 in the waiting list. Honda City Deliveries, though, have commenced and are almost steady now. One delivery was going on when I visited.

Since the cancellation in January I have booked a Linea 2012 and the delivery date is on 15.02.2012 (The car is Jan 2012 manufactured all right, have done a PDI yesterday at the Fiat Stockyard)

To Honda's credit they refunded my Rs.50k without fuss thru a cheque. It took them 9 days to get this done.

Hope this info hlps people out here.
Old 15th February 2012, 10:01   #1410
Senior - BHPian

i visited the honda dealer 2 days ago to enquire on Jazz and City CE. I was told that jazz delivery any variant any color will only be possible after Mid May and for City CE 1st week April if booking confirmed in this week. Also i was told that for CE in white color i might have to wait a little longer than Silver.

Hope Honda resolves their supply issues asap and get back into the game.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks