Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 11:10   #1381
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Hi,
I tried sending mail to customer relations at honda, but always get routed to dealer who gives all random responses and schedule possibility. I'm waiting since August and have already started paying emi since nov.( cry) . If only i could get mail or contact detail of any honda marketing and sales guys.

Fingers crossed!
You've already started paying EMI's?
Boss, you need to take this up. Forget mails, call up their Delhi no and start making some noise man! I booked my car on Aug 30th, but i started taking their case after Dec 01. Finally got my car on 25th Dec, though i showed the flexibility of changing colors.
I'm sorry, i dont have any individuals email id to share with you, as i also did mark my mails to the customer relations id and cc'd dealer.
Old 27th January 2012, 18:03   #1382

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201

You've already started paying EMI's?
Boss, you need to take this up. Forget mails, call up their Delhi no and start making some noise man! I booked my car on Aug 30th, but i started taking their case after Dec 01. Finally got my car on 25th Dec, though i showed the flexibility of changing colors.
I'm sorry, i dont have any individuals email id to share with you, as i also did mark my mails to the customer relations id and cc'd dealer.

I tried caling the zonal manager at chennai but again same response as one2one customer care, dealer will contact soon!
Now trying to get contact number of delhi guys, because its hard time i start direct contact than relying on dealers words of me being on high priority!
Old 28th January 2012, 15:46   #1383
BHPian

I spoke to the Honda dealer here in Bangalore , and he told me the Jazz has a wait period of 8-9 months still, and he is not taking bookings.
He advised to go for the 2012 City--he says the City is available with a Months wait even for the Corporate Edition, which I dont really believe given the reports from other people on the forum saying that dealers have a quota allocation for the CE Model.
Old 29th January 2012, 11:54   #1384
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda expects normal output by March as parts supplies resume!

"Honda will reach full production of the hatchback Brio by the middle of next month which will be followed by the Jazz."

Honda expects normal output by March as parts supplies resume - The Economic Times
Old 29th January 2012, 12:25   #1385
BHPian

I am moving to hyderabad next month and now forced to cancel my booking on Jazz. Pity, I couldnt get hold of the beauty.
Old 29th January 2012, 21:38   #1386
BHPian

test drove the new swift over the weekend. loved the interior design, specially the centre console.

now confused between the jazz and the swift zdi. Space and boot is at a premium in the swift, but for 35k more, i get a more fun to drive car which also runs on diesel

It will be primarily used by 2 people so am wondering if space is such a big requirement.

Have booked the swift also, although the wait is killing. Any views guys?
Old 29th January 2012, 22:17   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
test drove the new swift over the weekend. loved the interior design, specially the centre console.

It will be primarily used by 2 people so am wondering if space is such a big requirement.
2 people = no need for tank like space in Jazz.
Diesel = cheaper to run
You love interiors of Swift.

What's there to ask? Go for Swift, stupid!

A friend of mine is in 6th month of waiting for his Jazz (that too after being forced to change the color and model). So waiting time for Swift is not a minus point of Jazz.

But be warned that you might not get your Swift before April. By then price of diesel Swift might be hiked by 1 lac. If it happens then paying 1.4 lac for Swift over Jazz is not a good idea. How about TDing a petrol Swift if you liked diesel Swift? After the possible April hike, 2 lac difference will make petrol Swift cheaper to buy and run.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 29th January 2012 at 22:23. Reason: Adding last line
Old 30th January 2012, 10:28   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

But be warned that you might not get your Swift before April. By then price of diesel Swift might be hiked by 1 lac. If it happens then paying 1.4 lac for Swift over Jazz is not a good idea. How about TDing a petrol Swift if you liked diesel Swift? After the possible April hike, 2 lac difference will make petrol Swift cheaper to buy and run.
Thanks for the suggestion. It does look like a no brainer, but somewhere i still feel for the Jazz. I never thought that choosing a car could be this difficult.

I have booked the Jazz long back, and can get deliver in March. Swift they say has a wait of 6 months! so earliest i can expect is May. If the proposed excise on diesel cars is indeed levied, i am definitely going for the Jazz.

I did try the petrol swift, but did not like it as much. I have a soft spot for engines by Honda. IF its petrol, it will be the Jazz! i guess the budget will make the decision for me
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:59   #1389
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Currently i can see only one Ownership review for the facelifted Jazz (that be aaren). Can the other t-bhp members who have taken deliveries of their beauties put up owenership reports/initial impression with pics.

After having test driven the swift, i tried a friend's select and felt the seat was too low and almost ended up missing height adjust. I remember from my td of the jazz about 6-7 months ago that i did not find the need to height adjust.

Any comments?
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:15   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Seat too low? In relation to entry/exit or dash/visibility? Entry/exit may be the issue, since dash/visibility is generally very good in the Jazz.

I anyway intend to upsize immediately to 185/65 (Yoko or Mich), which will should improve GC and entry/exit (higher profile), grip (wider tread) and ride quality (due to higher profile). There will be a change in speedo, etc. and handling will suffer due to larger OD, but dealer says 1 size upsize is ok and I think the pros outweigh the cons.

I understand that they are going to deliver some cars by mid/end Feb and very large numbers by March and entire backlog will be cleared by end-April at the latest. New City also seems to have 2-3 months waiting for some models.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 3rd February 2012 at 18:33.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:24   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Seat too low? In relation to entry/exit or dash/visibility? Entry/exit may be the issue, since dash/visibility is generally very good in the Jazz.
i was hinting at the dash. visiblity was good no doubt, just that i felt i was sitting low in relation to the dash. Is the jazz's driving position set lower than the new swift?

This is a big factor and will help decide between select and x. Select will save me cash as well as quicker delivery.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:28   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
After having test driven the swift, i tried a friend's select and felt the seat was too low and almost ended up missing height adjust. I remember from my td of the jazz about 6-7 months ago that i did not find the need to height adjust.
Finally someone agrees with me! I also find Jazz's seat to be too low, the dashboard is too high and hampers my visibility ahead. You can try Jazz X which has seat height adjuster.
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:31   #1393

Quote:
i was hinting at the dash. visiblity was good no doubt, just that i felt i was sitting low in relation to the dash. Is the jazz's driving position set lower than the new swift?

This is a big factor and will help decide between select and x. Select will save me cash as well as quicker delivery.
I own a Jazz X and have never found the height to be an issue (I'm 6" & maybe the height has already been adjusted at the higher end). Dashboard visibility is good.

Reg. the quicker delivery of Select, based on my personal experience - X would be the fastest in delivery. (I booked a UT Select and had to go for an X as Select's waiting period was much much longer). Even per the bookings, Selects are most in demand.
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:11   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore

I own a Jazz X and have never found the height to be an issue (I'm 6" & maybe the height has already been adjusted at the higher end). Dashboard visibility is good.

Reg. the quicker delivery of Select, based on my personal experience - X would be the fastest in delivery. (I booked a UT Select and had to go for an X as Select's waiting period was much much longer). Even per the bookings, Selects are most in demand.
Is the dash height not an issue even when the driver seat is set at the lowest position. Since x has drivers height adjust, that could be the reason you don't have an issue?

Also, select may have the highest booking, but that's also the one which is getting produced. My dealer says x production will start only in April.
Old 6th February 2012, 23:29   #1395
BHPian

Anyone who boozed their Jazz in the month of September get any updates on the delivery date ? booked mine back in Aug, received a letter from the dealership stating a delay and that i would receive my car in Feb which was tentative again. Feb is here and still no update from the dealership

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks