Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 01:12   #1366
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Have no doubts about the fact that the Swift K12 is an absolute gem of an engine, and a hoot to drive to top it off. I have taken delivery of the new K12 a few days back, and boy oh boy, am I enjoying the engine or what. And I have not even completed my first servicing and nowhere close to exploring even half the potential of the car. The engine just begs to be revved, and I am finding it massively difficult to keep it in the 2k rev band. Its smooth, silent, powerful and has brilliant handling characteristics.

What you do need are fatter tires (I have upgraded to 195s), and you are good to go. Though the Jazz is no doubt a fantastic product, when I test drove it several times back to back with the Swift, it simply did not compare to the sportiness and awesome fun to drive factor. For a family with requirements of space and interior packaging, and VFM considerations, the Jazz probably wins hands down. But for the throw-it-around-corners kind of hooliganism, it just has to be to be Swift for me!
Thanks for the suggestion, i will be upgrading to 15" or 16" , the only problem is i dont want the Fe to drop too low, since we only get 205 tire size in 16" Afaik. How much Fe do you get ?
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:22   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Servincing once every six months is a good idea if the car runs high mileage. Otherwise in my opinion servicing every 10K along with oil change should work.

Try getting an annual service package from the dealership. Your bills should come down drastically.

My car gets serviced every 4-5 months but that is because I chose the dealer service package. My other car sees service center every 8-10 months or 10K whichever is earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
For most cars (swift and other marutis, i10/20) also insist on service every 6 months. IN fact Honda sometimes wants every 3 months. No option till warranty period is over. After that - upto you. AFAIK, they do not bother you too much about it unless they notice heavy running and no servicing.
I get call from Honda authorised Service Center every 3 months for servicing. Every time I tell them that I have bought Honda for peace of mind and not for visiting service center every 3 months. Whats the point of buying a Honda if I have to visit them every three months! At that time I am told that this is the recommended interval by Honda and my warranty will lapse. I used to own a Honda before and that was not the case earlier. I wonder if 3 months is the recommended time by Honda for servicing or is it just a ploy adopted by service stations to sell their AMC plans.

My running is about 10K per year and I get my Jazz serviced every 6 months. And some rubber part related to power steering has already been changed by them under warranty.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:14   #1368
Senior - BHPian

The last time my car went to the service station, they called me 6 times for some consumable or the other to make me pay.

Since I had only got my car serviced 2-3 months earlier I strictly asked them to carry out the work for the coupons available and charge me rs. o.

At the end of the day they charged me 250rs for two punctures.

Hope everyone gets my point.

I will try to check and see whether the warranty terms regulate the same as per the manual.
Old 24th January 2012, 13:00   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
The last time my car went to the service station, they called me 6 times for some consumable or the other to make me pay.

Since I had only got my car serviced 2-3 months earlier I strictly asked them to carry out the work for the coupons available and charge me rs. o.

At the end of the day they charged me 250rs for two punctures.

Hope everyone gets my point.

I will try to check and see whether the warranty terms regulate the same as per the manual.
I guess the Honda Dealers in Ahmedabad are being greedy.
So far not many complaints in pune. My 1st servicing went trouble free with charges of Rs. 193 for pickup and drop of the vehicle.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:22   #1370
BHPian

Has Honda reopened bookings for Jazz ? Any idea if the increased 165 mm GC of the City will also be copied over to the 2012 Jazz models--it cant be that hard for Honda to do ? Fiat has done it for Linea and Punto , and have also offered an option for earlier model owners to increase the GC.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:03   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Has Honda reopened bookings for Jazz ? Any idea if the increased 165 mm GC of the City will also be copied over to the 2012 Jazz models--it cant be that hard for Honda to do ? Fiat has done it for Linea and Punto , and have also offered an option for earlier model owners to increase the GC.
I got a call from Magnum Honda Bangalore regarding my previous visit with interest with the Honda city, i asked the sales executive about the Jazz bookings, was informed that the jazz booking are being taken by them and the waiting period now stands at 8 to 9 months!
Old 24th January 2012, 20:46   #1372
BHPian

Is there a booking or some reference No# thats assigned once you do the booking. I had booked it with Olympia Honda OMR Chennai in mid October and there s no update from either them on Honda. I'll try and reach the dealer soon to find out.

However i see that there are 2 contrasting messages coming out in this thread.
1. Honda will get to normalize and complete backlog by Mar-12
2. The waiting period still stands at 6-8 months.
Which of this is true?
Old 25th January 2012, 11:06   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Is there a booking or some reference No# thats assigned once you do the booking. I had booked it with Olympia Honda OMR Chennai in mid October and there s no update from either them on Honda. I'll try and reach the dealer soon to find out.

However i see that there are 2 contrasting messages coming out in this thread.
1. Honda will get to normalize and complete backlog by Mar-12
2. The waiting period still stands at 6-8 months.
Which of this is true?
Point one is the official communication from Honda.
I guess you should speak to someone at their regional office and start marking mails if you are getting different versions from the dealer.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:18   #1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201

Point one is the official communication from Honda.
I guess you should speak to someone at their regional office and start marking mails if you are getting different versions from the dealer.
Hi,
I tried sending mail to customer relations at honda, but always get routed to dealer who gives all random responses and schedule possibility. I'm waiting since August and have already started paying emi since nov.( cry) . If only i could get mail or contact detail of any honda marketing and sales guys.

Fingers crossed!
Old 25th January 2012, 18:45   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan

Hi,
I tried sending mail to customer relations at honda, but always get routed to dealer who gives all random responses and schedule possibility. I'm waiting since August and have already started paying emi since nov.( cry) . If only i could get mail or contact detail of any honda marketing and sales guys.

Fingers crossed!
Paying emi? On booking amount? Rs. 25k or Rs. 50k? How can dealer ask for full amount without delivery?
Old 25th January 2012, 20:44   #1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108

Paying emi? On booking amount? Rs. 25k or Rs. 50k? How can dealer ask for full amount without delivery?
Emi on full amount !! I was an idiot to accept their bbid that interest rate are going up to 12.5% from 11%. So i went on to start paying , all this after the dealer promised to delivery car within 2 months.

Actually i was ready to wait and sure that jazz would be the car. So started paying. But now frustrated with whom world around asking "where is the car?"
Old 25th January 2012, 21:31   #1377
BHPian

I spoke to Capital Honda today to ask if they are accepting fresh bookings for the Jazz. He just said No. I had to further the conversation by asking what is the expected opening date. His response was "no Idea". Is it just me or the Jazz has irritated Honda dealers?
Old 26th January 2012, 00:32   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
If only i could get mail or contact detail of any honda marketing and sales guys.
avikannan ,I was in the same scenario in oct'11 when the dealer had no idea of when i would be getting the car.But I got hold of a honda south zone manager ph number and one phone call turned things around. I've Posted the ph number link below.Hope this helps.

http://www.justdial.com/Chennai/hond...112123259-L6A3
Old 26th January 2012, 00:49   #1379
BHPian

As I have posted elsewhere on the forum, thanks to Honda's delays, I booked a Linea this Sunday. The Jazz suited my needs perfectly and was my first choice, but looks like it was not to be!
I had booked the Jazz on 1 sep 2011, and even today I am number 33!!
For once, Honda's loss became Fiat's gain.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:23   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avikannan View Post
Emi on full amount !! I was an idiot to accept their bbid that interest rate are going up to 12.5% from 11%. So i went on to start paying , all this after the dealer promised to delivery car within 2 months.

Actually i was ready to wait and sure that jazz would be the car. So started paying. But now frustrated with whom world around asking "where is the car?"
I still am unable to understand. Without the car being 'allotted' to you with VIN #, etc. how can dealer even accept / ask full amount payment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks