Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 09:49   #1261
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
I was told that insurance is not bumper to bumper and gave example like front and rear bumper will not be covered under my current insurance policy, may be thats why its called bumper to bumper insurance .My question is what else will not be covered if i don't go for bumper to bumper coverage? Dealer is quoting extra Rs 7000 from bumper to bumper coverage.Is it worth spending 7000 on that?
Did you try taking a quote from outside for the Insurance? I will recommend you to go for the 0% dep. With the ever increasing traffic on our roads, its really useful to have that cover for the first 3 years in your brand new car. Tata Aig has some wonderful packages priced quite aggressively so do check with them.
Otherwise call Honda customer service and ask them about whats covered under the Insurance that you are getting. Dealers can tell you anything to sell there stuff, so be a little skeptical about what the dealer is saying.

Congratulations on your car.
Old 9th November 2011, 17:40   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Fabia 1.6 is cheaper I guess with same features as Polo. You can check that out.
Wow! Just checked out their website. Never knew that the Fabia came with a 1.6 mill. Just worried about Skoda after sales though. Also, is it fun to drive like the Swift?

Quote:
Gurus, My UT jazz select has arrived at dealer.Yipeee .Did inspection today and everything looks fine.
You are one lucky block to have finally got your car as bookings for Jazz have been stopped which is really disappointing. This is the best hatch so far.

Last edited by Epic : 9th November 2011 at 17:51.
Old 10th November 2011, 14:47   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
My UT jazz select has arrived at dealer.Yipeee .Did inspection today and everything looks fine.
Could you please tell us when you booked your Jazz?? Many prospective Jazz owners (me included) would like to get an idea about the booking - delivery delay.
Old 11th November 2011, 00:05   #1264
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes folks. Took delivery of the car today.Initial drive is really impressive.Almost 0 noise ,was feeling like driving a battery operated car,Reminded me of driving Prius.Reg Accessories i've put only the sumfilm.Need to browse through Teambhp on what else to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
What you can additionally buy is 0 dep insurance, which will give you 100% claim on even plastic parts. This is for an additional 4k.

A similar 0 dep insurance taken outside (like tata) will be about 17k, so u save 4k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I will recommend you to go for the 0% dep. With the ever increasing traffic on our roads, its really useful to have that cover for the first 3 years in your brand new car.

Did'nt buy the reverse sensor,instead opted for 0% depriciation endorsement.thanks to funkyp & drmohitg for enlightening about that.
The below thread was very useful in opting for 0% depriciation endorsement.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...worked-me.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
You are one lucky block to have finally got your car as bookings for Jazz have been stopped which is really disappointing. This is the best hatch so far.
Yes the delear infomed that they have stopped taking order for jazz.Right now they have close to 120 bookings in pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Could you please tell us when you booked your Jazz?? Many prospective Jazz owners (me included) would like to get an idea about the booking - delivery delay.
I did my booking on Aug 24th.But it was after follow up with the honda management.Because dealear had no clue on when the delivery will happen.
Old 11th November 2011, 16:38   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
But it was after follow up with the honda management.Because dealear had no clue on when the delivery will happen.
Could you please elaborate regarding how you followed up with the Honda management? A lot of us would like to do that!

And is anyone on this forum dealing with any Honda dealer in Kerala? Could you please share your experiences?
I'm dealing with Vision Honda in Kottayam. They are promising the delivery of my Jazz by December beginning. But the promis sound pretty unconvincing.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 11th November 2011 at 16:50.
Old 11th November 2011, 17:29   #1266
BHPian

I thought I posted the contact details,but somehow missed it during the copy paste.Sorry about that,Here you go.I Spoke to Mr.Tushar Wakankar who is zonal manager for south zone.Got his contact details from
Honda Siel Cars India Limited Zonal Office in Nungambakkam Chennai - Justdial
Wall-e is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 20:35   #1267
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping anyone can update if they have got any fresh news as to when bookings will start again? Apex Honda in Mumbai claim that they expect to start bookings again in Jan 2012.
Old 12th November 2011, 21:33   #1268

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to see this thread active. I booked a Jazz Select UT in the last week of August. After months of wait, media reports, dealer non-admittance & no sight of delivery this year, I decided to cancel the booking and booked another car. Just when I informed the dealers about my intent to cancel the booking & seeking refunds of the advance booking amount - I was offered a Jazz X, White. We were in a dilemma as on one hand there was a car full of cash discounts & freebies which made sense and on other hand was our first love (the Jazz), although not in the color and variant that we had preferred. It was a battle between mind and heart.

Finally, the heart prevailed ! We decided to cancel the booking of the other car & go for the Jazz. The paperwork has started and I expect to get the delivery of my vehicle by the end of next week. Going for a PDI tomorrow. Will keep the group posted on specifics.
Old 12th November 2011, 23:49   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
We were in a dilemma as on one hand there was a car full of cash discounts & freebies which made sense and on other hand was our first love (the Jazz), although not in the color and variant that we had preferred.
Could you please elaborate on the "other car" you considered??

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 12th November 2011 at 23:51.
Old 13th November 2011, 00:08   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Could you please elaborate on the "other car" you considered??
The other car was a Maruti Ritz Zxi. There was a 25k cash discount + Corporate Discount on this + a bunch of accessories.

Why the Ritz? I was looking for petrol only hatchbacks with decent FE, cabin space, interiors & availability. Apart from this:
Liva's interiors were very poor,
Swift's waiting period was very high,
Fabia, Figo, i20 & Punto lacked the FE & VFM proposition, besides having petrol engines that don't quite match up with the Hondas/Marutis.
Old 13th November 2011, 20:28   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzXBlore View Post
Finally, the heart prevailed !
Congrats on your Jazz! You're one lucky chap. Don't mind the colour or the variant. Sure it wil grow on you.
Old 14th November 2011, 13:56   #1272
BHPian

Congrats to all the fellow new Jazz owners. I have done close to 1000kms in my new Jazz since getting the delivery on Oct 3rd. FE is around 14 with 50% AC usage. More than anything else, its pure delight to be just inside the car. On all counts, I can only approve of the decision I took except for maybe petrol vs diesel. As I listened to my heart in making this decision, it also helps me get over all the petrol price rises
Old 15th November 2011, 13:47   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
Congrats to all the fellow new Jazz owners. I have done close to 1000kms in my new Jazz since getting the delivery on Oct 3rd. FE is around 14 with 50% AC usage. More than anything else, its pure delight to be just inside the car. On all counts, I can only approve of the decision I took except for maybe petrol vs diesel. As I listened to my heart in making this decision, it also helps me get over all the petrol price rises
Congrats on your Jazz Raghu. Hoping to see a detailed ownership report from you. There s generally not many ownership threads on jazz in t-bhp, and for the new jazz, there s hardly 1~2.
Old 15th November 2011, 14:05   #1274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I am hoping anyone can update if they have got any fresh news as to when bookings will start again? Apex Honda in Mumbai claim that they expect to start bookings again in Jan 2012.
My friend had booked Jazz. His dealer called him to the showroom two days back and returned the booking amount. They say honda hasn't given any timelines for deliveries to resume and have instructed to cancel current bookings for Jazz.

He was a big honda fan, but booked i20 half-heartedly.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th November 2011 at 14:07.
Old 15th November 2011, 19:52   #1275
BHPian

I called Dakshin Honda showroom today, they tell me that Honda has been sourcing parts elsewhere to accommodate the shortage caused by floods in Thailand, and that they will deliver the car by end of February.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks