Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 00:07   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
How is it in other cities? Is delivery time dependent on color?
Nope. The problem is, the dealer himself has no idea when his next lot of Jazzes are coming!

Bit of a sad news to report - they called me in the morning and after offering profuse apologies in the beginning, they said that they had no option but to bump my Jazz's delivery to mid-March!

Needless to say, I gave them an earful and said I couldn't wait THAT long for my Jazz. They said they will wait till December and see if someone cancels their booked Jazz X, and if I can wait for the same.

Already knowing how Honda has been hit by current natural disasters, I have decided to wait till December-end. But it seems like I will have to cancel my booking eventually, unless a miracle happens in the next 2 months.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd November 2011 at 00:08.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:24   #1232
BHPian

as much as i love the jazz, every time i read about an impending petrol price hike i am forced to reconsider. Even though i have paid up for the jazz, i am thinking of cancelling and looking at a diesel hatch.

Ah, if only i could find a diesel hatch as good in quality as the Jazz and as reliable Will go through the hatch threads again to decide.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:00   #1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Thanks for your prompt reply anachronix. I've paid around 40% of the amount after repeated assurance from the Capital honda south zone manager.The remaining will be paid after the PDI.
Have you taken delivery of the car? If so, how many days between payment and delivery ? I have also paid capital honda in full and awaiting delivery. They claim the delay is on account of online registration formalities and heavy traffic on the RTO website. Can any one please shed some light ?
Old 2nd November 2011, 14:23   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcray View Post
Have you taken delivery of the car? If so, how many days between payment and delivery ? I have also paid capital honda in full and awaiting delivery. They claim the delay is on account of online registration formalities and heavy traffic on the RTO website. Can any one please shed some light ?

Nope not yet, still waiting :( .I have paid the complete Ex-showroom price.I did my booking on august 24th.when was your booking done ? Has your vehicle reached the dealer? who's is the Sales person you are dealing with at capital honda?
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:01   #1235
BHPian

Just read this on Hondas FB page

I quote...

"Honda Siel Cars India Ltd., leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today announced a production reduction at its Greater Noida plant due to parts supply shortage, caused by the floods in Thailand.

HSCI, which was recovering from the impact of the Tsunami in Japan and was ready to resume full production from this month, is forced to make production adjustments yet again due to disruption of the supply of components from Honda plants in Thailand, as well as its suppliers, based in northern and central Thailand, which has experienced the worst floods in 50 years.

HSCI's production in the month of November will be severely impacted and December production too will be curtailed, but the full extent of the impact is still being assessed, as the parts supply situation is fluid.

The parts shortage will affect all the models manufactured in India, but the impact will be much more on the Honda Brio, Jazz and City because of their larger volumes.

Expressing his anguish at the devastation caused by floods in Thailand, the HSCI President & CEO, said "I express my heartfelt condolences to the people of Thailand for the loss of life and livelihood and wish them a speedy recovery from this tragedy. As Honda plants in Thailand have been severely affected, we are facing a parts shortage at HSCI too and are forced to reduce production. I would like to apologize to our customers for the inconvenience they are facing due to the situation. I would request our waiting customers to bear with us and seek their understanding in the matter. HSCI is making concerted efforts to resume full production as soon as possible.

Thank You for your support and patience."
Unquote.

Mods: I'm posting from the iPhone app and am not sure how to get it into a quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:35   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
as much as i love the jazz, every time i read about an impending petrol price hike i am forced to reconsider. Even though i have paid up for the jazz, i am thinking of cancelling and looking at a diesel hatch.
Been going through similar emotions. Was keen on Jazz, but the insane waiting periods and rise in petrol prices made me reconsider. Re-looked at the options and then thought of Swift Zdi. But here again, with the recent news that taxes on diesel cars may go up soon, and the large waiting periods, it was going out of budget.

So now, am forced to think one segment lower, and looking at i10 / Beat(D) / Figo(D). This car selection has become one infinite loop with no termination condition in sight
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:26   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Been going through similar emotions. Was keen on Jazz, but the insane waiting periods and rise in petrol prices made me reconsider. Re-looked at the options and then thought of Swift Zdi. But here again, with the recent news that taxes on diesel cars may go up soon, and the large waiting periods, it was going out of budget.

So now, am forced to think one segment lower, and looking at i10 / Beat(D) / Figo(D). This car selection has become one infinite loop with no termination condition in sight
i have booked a Jazz S and now been told that earliest i will get the car is march, and there hasn't been a commitment either.

i am willing to go for a higher segment and stretch my budget, but none of the cars seem to offer VFM which Jazz does.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:32   #1238
BHPian

called up my dealer to check on the status for deliveries. I have been postponing taking delivery waiting for Michelins. the previous lots all had goodyear which i really didnt want.

two things came out of that talk:

1. he said they are not getting any jazz shipment in Nov as production has been totally stopped. He is not sure if there will be any in Dec either. The current lot has MRFs and i have decided to take it.

2. I was also considering waiting for 2012 make now that its already Nov. He told me that there 'might' be a price revision of 10-20k in 2012. Now this could be genuine news or could be a gimmick to stop me from postponing my decision. However, since there are enough buyers who would lap up the piece should i decide to wait until 2012, his price prediction might actually be correct.

Also, has anyone installed the caska units on their Jazz or has any experiece with the same? The dealer might offer it for 40-45k. Not sure if it would be worth the investment. any idea how much would such a unit cost if procured outside.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:38   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Very contradictory news. Honda India had said they were actually going to ramp up production in November. The Thailand flooding is several weeks old (and still ongoing) so they were aware of the problems, if they were getting parts from there, so why make statement that there will be more deliveries in November / December? In October they sold 463 units of Jazz, which is not a very small number anyway. In some cases, people are getting delivery in 3-4 weeks.

With the new facelift, I am sure they have localised content further, therefore the price cut as well.

I suggest if you need your car immediately then not to wait. If not better to wait till 2012. Price increase is expected anyway with devaluation of rupee and general inflation.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:57   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Very contradictory news.

I suggest if you need your car immediately then not to wait. If not better to wait till 2012. Price increase is expected anyway with devaluation of rupee and general inflation.

The news is not contradictory. Honda has come out with an official statement saying the production has been severely hit. This thread is discussing the same:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ec-2011-a.html

If the price is going to increase in 2012, say by 20k, how does it make it beneficial to wait until then? The resale value of a 2011 vs a 2012 car will not be more than 20k over the next 5 yrs that i plan to hold the car for
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:59   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
The news is not contradictory. Honda has come out with an official statement saying the production has been severely hit. This thread is discussing the same:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ec-2011-a.html

If the price is going to increase in 2012, say by 20k, how does it make it beneficial to wait until then? The resale value of a 2011 vs a 2012 car will not be more than 20k over the next 5 yrs that i plan to hold the car for
Correct, does not make sense to wait. If you are getting delivery I would feel you should take it.

News is contradictory, flooding in Thailand did not happen yesterday. So when it was known several weeks ago, then why make previous statement of production ramp up in November? Now they are saying no production at all.

If this was the case, then I may not have booked at all now, but waited till Jan/Feb for picture to clear and decide about my car then. May still cancel booking and then wait or decide on alternate depending on my need.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 3rd November 2011 at 12:04.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:05   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
News is contradictory, flooding in Thailand did not happen yesterday. So when it was known several weeks ago, then why make statement of production ramp up in November?
Not sure about that. Maybe they were not fully aware of the impact of the floods or expected the situation to get back to normal sooner. Infact, they still dont have complete idea on what further impact the floods can have.

Anyways, lets take this discussion to the flood thread and let this be solely about the Jazz
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:32   #1243
BHPian

Spoken with some higher-ups in Honda India, they are apologising, but there is nothing they can do due to the floods. There is enormous confusion among the dealers, so that's exacerbating things.
Old 4th November 2011, 06:54   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhairavp View Post
Spoken with some higher-ups in Honda India, they are apologising, but there is nothing they can do due to the floods. There is enormous confusion among the dealers, so that's exacerbating things.
On a lighter note, dealers should put the pics of flooded Honda factories in their showrooms. That will reduce the pain and confusion
Old 4th November 2011, 13:07   #1245

I booked a Jazz select variant from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore in the 3rd week of Sep. Original promise was delivery within 2-3 months. Since then it slipped to 4 months to 6 months and finally they said no commitment on delivery date.

Last week I was given a choice to switch to Brio top end variant. I accepted the offer, because I dont like uncertainty , even though I was not fully happy with Brio and its small boot.

Taking delivery of my Brio tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks