Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 13:30   #1216
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I did the PDI before I paid up the full amount. Capital Honda's stockyard is right behind their showroom in airport road and the SE dint show much fuss in letting me do my PDI.

Try reaching Madhan from Capital Honda, he was helpful in the complete delivery process.
Thanks for your prompt reply anachronix. I've paid around 40% of the amount after repeated assurance from the Capital honda south zone manager.The remaining will be paid after the PDI.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:50   #1217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
Update: went to the dealer today, was told jazz production is halted and those who have booked in aug can expect delivery only in Feb. delay is due to the shortage of parts from Thailand.
Looks like we are not the only place where Honda's work has been halted -

Honda Malaysia halts CKD plant due to parts shortage
Old 27th October 2011, 08:36   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I opted for the Jazz X. Other alternative was to go for seat covers, but then you do not get (and cannot add) any of the X features, like fogs, folding OVRMs, seat height adjuster, etc.
Is it true you cannot add fogs? The dealer I was speaking to in fact suggested going for the Select over the X and said one could get good quality fogs installed for about Rs 5000.

OS
Old 27th October 2011, 13:51   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinestuffa

Is it true you cannot add fogs? The dealer I was speaking to in fact suggested going for the Select over the X and said one could get good quality fogs installed for about Rs 5000.

OS
As I understood, on the select model bumper there is no specific space for the fogs. So one has to cut the bumper for after market fogs fitment. This will be a messy affair.
Old 27th October 2011, 16:49   #1220
BHPian

That is correct. There is no space to add fog lamp on the Select. Either you have to cut the bumper and risk your warranty or change the bumper (which will be of the X). Changing the bumper will cost you a bomb. I heard a dealer quoting an insane price of 28K to put fog lamps with new bumper.
Old 28th October 2011, 18:05   #1221
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz sold out till March 2012!

Quote:
Demand for the Jazz rose after prices were cut by as much as 23% in August. At least 500 units were sold in September against an average of 200 per month before the price cut. The Jazz is sold out until March and Honda’s newly launched small car Brio until January.

Given the demand, the company will start a second shift at its plant in Greater Noida next week to double production, Sen said.

“We shall be able to produce 9,000-10,000 units from next month onwards with the second shift,” Sen said.

Details - Honda stops Jazz bookings as parts shortage hits production - Corporate News - livemint.com
Old 28th October 2011, 18:42   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Jazz sold out till March 2012!
Very Nice..... sadist comment for prospective buyers, but I can enjoy my exclusive ownership till then.

On a serious note, is this because of the Thailand floods or priority for the Brio? Either ways, its hurting the car's image. I recently had to give my car for test drives to some friends because even tests are not offered by dealerships. One friend got it delivered in Kerala (no sales in chennai), the other guy is still waiting.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 20:59   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Very Nice..... sadist comment for prospective buyers, but I can enjoy my exclusive ownership till then.

On a serious note, is this because of the Thailand floods or priority for the Brio? Either ways, its hurting the car's image. I recently had to give my car for test drives to some friends because even tests are not offered by dealerships. One friend got it delivered in Kerala (no sales in chennai), the other guy is still waiting.
I agree. Jazz does not have the brand value of Swift that people are going to wait ~6 months for it. Honda will lose out some customers, i guess they should have planned Jazz price cut + Brio launch better.
Old 28th October 2011, 21:02   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
i guess they should have planned Jazz price cut + Brio launch better.
Nobody could have planned for the type of Thailand floods that are taking place this year.
Old 28th October 2011, 21:04   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Nobody could have planned for the type of Thailand floods that are taking place this year.
Even before the floods started, Jazz had a 3-4 month waiting period. One of my friends booked his Jazz in September and was quoted December delivery, another one booked in Oct first week and has been quoted March.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:22   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Even before the floods started, Jazz had a 3-4 month waiting period. One of my friends booked his Jazz in September and was quoted December delivery, another one booked in Oct first week and has been quoted March.
That might be because dealers were instructed to clear existing stocks. And also, the dealers would have been waiting for fresh stocks of the face lifted Jazz. Hence the waiting period. But the floods in Thailand have worsened the situation now Poor Honda, not only Petrol prices and competition, even nature is against it now!
Old 29th October 2011, 23:41   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm! So the Jazz shall remain an exclusive car forever!
I booked mine on 7th of October from Kottayam. The SA told me a waiting period of 25 - 30 days!! Not that i believed him completely. Anyway no signs of the car yet. SA says there are 3 Jazzes allotted to the dealership in November and that one will surely be mine.

But is it likely that the deliveries could be quicker in smaller towns compared to the metros?? Like the gentleman from Chennai who mentioned his pal who got delivery from Kerala. Also the ownership thread by Aaren says he got the Jazz X without much fiasco from Indore.

Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting!
Geo_Ipe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 13:55   #1228

The SA called up yesterday and offered a white/ silver for immediate delivery against the red that i had booked. I decided to wait for more time and not compromise on the color. How is it in other cities? Is delivery time dependent on color?

Booked: Aug 21st@Bangalore Magnum Honda
Old 1st November 2011, 12:28   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
The SA called up yesterday and offered a white/ silver for immediate delivery against the red that i had booked. I decided to wait for more time and not compromise on the color. How is it in other cities? Is delivery time dependent on color?

Booked: Aug 21st@Bangalore Magnum Honda
i booked a Jazz Select from Dakshin on September 2. I was told that my car wouldn't be available before February after giving an estimate of November 10th earlier. I am surprised that you are being offered a car for immediate delivery.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:55   #1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
i booked a Jazz Select from Dakshin on September 2. I was told that my car wouldn't be available before February after giving an estimate of November 10th earlier. I am surprised that you are being offered a car for immediate delivery.
But not of much use as it is not the color i wanted. The dealer might have had a cancellation from a customer who had booked for White/ silver earlier than me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks