Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 16:26   #1066
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I guess the wait got a little longer now.During booking of my jazz select on aug 24th I was told that the delivery will happen in 1.5 months,at max 2 months.Called up my sales exec and now he is telling waiting period of 3 months.2 weeks back i got a call from the same sales exec and he offered a ralley red jazz xMT.Guess i should've took that offer. I thought only the new bookings are having long wait time,can't believe that the existing bookings are also getting delayed.
Old 26th September 2011, 17:36   #1067
BHPian

checked with my dealer, the same bad news. i had booked the jazz x on aug 29th, delivery was promised by november, but now the delivery will be only in dec. the sales exec says its due to the launch of the Brio, looks ike Honda have cut down the production of the jazz to make way for the Brio.
Old 26th September 2011, 22:49   #1068
BHPian

Even i have got the same news. There are close to 170 bookings and till date only 12 jazz delivered. I am no.26 and expecting the delivery by Dec 2011
Old 27th September 2011, 10:54   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Yes, I know the feeling. But I also can't help feeling that this is ridiculous. Waiting 3/4 months for a car - not like its a Bentley. If a better car shows up, I'd feel really happy to cancel the booking and get a different car. May be one more petrol fuel hike will exhaust my patience faster than anything else.

Highly stupid of HSIL! All car makers make a stock before launching / relaunching any model! Was Honda sleeping? I guess they are going to face a similar problem with Brio!
Or is this a strategy to use the float on booking amounts of Jazz to launch the Brio?
If I do not get delivery of my car before the festive season, i might as well cancel the booking and book a diesel car!
Old 27th September 2011, 10:56   #1070
Senior - BHPian

The dealer yesterday told me 6 months waiting now. I handed him back the brochure / price list. Maybe go for Polo 1.6...? Typical of Honda - you will have to wait.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:30   #1071
BHPian

I agree ... these kind of waiting periods are a deal-breaker. It's not that they got some 80K bookings like swift, or are having labour issues. Even in that scenario, as a customer would likely not wait so long.

I got a follow-up call recently from Honda dealership, and they still don't have new Jazz for TD. I was told "nothing has changed, so I can do it on the old one itself". Doesn't work for me, i want to try out exactly what is being sold, and want to see the blue-black interiors. Anyway, hopefully other dealers will have the new one for TD.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:35   #1072
BHPian

With the Brio pricing, there will be an initial demand spike for it, and I guess Honda will put more production capacity there instead of Jazz. Means the wait could get even longer - ouch.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:56   #1073
BHPian

You people are not alone. I have booked a Brio and you ll be surprised to know that the there are no test vehicles for Honda Brio as of now.

Not sure what Honda are thinking?
Announcement with no vehicle on road is a big negative.

I Might consider a Ritz/i10 instead if it takes a lot of time.
Waiting with fingers crossed.
Old 27th September 2011, 21:06   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The dealer yesterday told me 6 months waiting now. I handed him back the brochure / price list. Maybe go for Polo 1.6...? Typical of Honda - you will have to wait.
6 months waiting period
That's way too long. A definite deal breaker for me.
Its still not easy to own a Jazz. At first it was the price and now the waiting period.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:49   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
the sales exec says its due to the launch of the Brio, looks ike Honda have cut down the production of the jazz to make way for the Brio.
Dont understand the Honda strategy here. They should have delayed the launch of Brio. 6+ months waiting for Jazz is surely a deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Yo I have booked a Brio and you ll be surprised to know that the there are no test vehicles for Honda Brio as of now.
Dude, you booked the Brio without a TD is it? Dont go by the reviews, TD it thoroughly before you book it.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:26   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300

Dont understand the Honda strategy here. They should have delayed the launch of Brio. 6+ months waiting for Jazz is surely a deal breaker.

Dude, you booked the Brio without a TD is it? Dont go by the reviews, TD it thoroughly before you book it.
Yeah man. Going for Brio test ride now. But I personally disliked ingress egress in the Driver seat yday. Lets hope it is not a deal breaker.

Shall update after test drive.
Old 28th September 2011, 14:41   #1077
BHPian

Can someone explain more about Honda's corporate discount policy.

One dealer says that corporate discount is applicable even if the car is taken on the father's name as long as relation is proved.
Another dealer says that corporate discount is only applicable if taken in the name of the beneficiary(employee) or the spouse.

Need to take the car in parents name as there is additional tax on owning a second car in Hyd.
Anybody knows what the stated policy is as different delaers cant have different rules?

Last edited by yeggina : 28th September 2011 at 14:44.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:07   #1078
Senior - BHPian

A suggestion - you can probably transfer your existing car to your parents name and buy this car in your name ?
Old 28th September 2011, 18:46   #1079
BHPian

Ethan. Wanted to avoid that.

But got clarification meanwhile. The rule book says beneficiary's name or spouse's name to avail Corp discount. It seems guys like Sundaram strictly follow this. Not sure.

Other dealers are fine with other members of family too as long as relation can be proved.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:46   #1080

Anybody getting delivery of Jazz in early October? It seems the waiting list is getting longer by the day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks