Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:09   #1051
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
corporate discount is offered in 3 tiers as decided by honda. They categorize the companies as Platinum, Gold, Silver and offer discounts accordingly.

from what i know, for Jazz, the corp disc are 5k, 4k, 3k respectively. This should be the same throughout india depending on your company category with honda.
Very correct Funky. This is further split as 50% dealer's contribution and 50% Honda's contribution, so there is always the chance that the dealer doesnt pass on his part of the discount, hence the variances..
uday.ere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 10:19   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Took delivery of Rally Red JazzX from Capital Honda, Chennai on the 21st of September
Congrats anachronix on the X. Please put more pictures, especially the nice looking blue black interiors and the rear spoiler.
Old 24th September 2011, 11:09   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Even if you don't create a thread, do update about the FE - that is one thing I am very interested in. And, BTW, what were the other shortlisted cars before you zeroed in on the Jazz. Also, was the price-cut a major factor in tilting towards the red-beauty ?
Sure sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! And thats a super photo
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Congratulations Anachronix,Jazz x looks awesome.Wish you guys many more happy miles together.
Can you shed some light on any discount or freebies offered by the dealer? and If i may ask can you share the OTR split up?

@ bobcray I guess we need to wait a little longer to lay hands on the beauty. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats Anachronix, the Jazz X is an awesome buy at the current prices and definitely the best for ladies considering its ease of driving and the large glass area for added visibility. The Rallye Red with Gun Metal alloys is a stunning combination I must say.

Have you got any freebies / corporate discount from them and what accessories have you planned?

Cheers and Happy Mile Munching.
Thank you folks! I got a discount of 30% on the Insurance which was about 6K less spent on the Insurance. Apart from that No corporate discounts since I work for one of Honda's direct competitor

I will share the break up of the total money spent soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats anachronix on the X. Please put more pictures, especially the nice looking blue black interiors and the rear spoiler.
Thanks DJ.

Initital impressions on the Jazz:
1. The 1.2 iVtec is super refined. One can hardly hear or feel the engine running when its on idle.
2. The steering is super light at low speeds, however it does offer decent feedback with more speed which is good enough.
3. Space, oodles of space is something amazes everyone who checks out the car.
4. The front suspension has the typical 'thwack' sound of most of the Japanese cars. Something I need to get used to after being used to the Fords for a long time now!
5. The ICE is decent and it doesnt push for an upgrade soon.
6. I was unlucky to get the batch of Jazz which came with the MRFs. The tyres are crap. Period! I need an upgrade soon. Too noisy!
7. The average FE has been hovering around 13.7KMPL on the DTE for city B2B traffic. Good enough for me since my S has never got me more than 11KMPL in City conditions.

I will add more as I get to know the Jazz more. Till then, enjoy few more pictures from the delivery day!

When I did my PDI 2 days before the delivery schedule! This is how the JazzX is sent from Honda...

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc_0148.jpg

On the delivery day...

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_0177.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_0181.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_0183.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-img_0186.jpg
anachronix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 12:18   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Sure sir!

Thank you folks! I got a discount of 30% on the Insurance which was about 6K less spent on the Insurance.

I was unlucky to get the batch of Jazz which came with the MRFs. The tyres are crap. Period! I need an upgrade soon. Too noisy!
Congrats Anachronix on your sweet ride! Hope you have many years of enjoyable and trouble free 'Jazzing'!

How did you manage to convince the dealer for disc on the insurance. i tried the same and hes not willing to budge. i am planning to take a 0 dep insurance from outside (TATA or Royal Sundram) which is about 5k cheaper than Honda Assure.

Are the MRFs that bad? Earlier on the forum it has been posted that they are almost as good as michelins and definitely longer lasting. Have you experienced the Jazz on the Michelins to be able to compare the noise. I will most likely be getting Goodyears :( but cant wait a month more so going for it..

Do share more of your experience with the car and anything in particular which should be kept in mind/looked into before taking delivery.
Old 24th September 2011, 12:27   #1055

Honda's will always be the segment leaders in performance. Driven the jazz a number of times. I have to say it's better than any hatch out there right now.
Old 24th September 2011, 12:30   #1056
BHPian

@anachronix : Congrats on your new ride. Jazz looks cool in red.

The front grill in the PDI pic is different from the one your Jazz sports when delivered. Why is that ?
Old 24th September 2011, 14:53   #1057
BHPian

Congrats anachronix,

Your Car looks awesome. I am now considering changing my booking from UT to Red.

Couple of questions.

Has there been any change in the low end behavior of the Jazz? Couple of BHPians had mentioned about changing of gear ratios for the new Jazz.

The FE you mentioned is it based on your calculations or is what is the displayed in the car?

Cheers,
Naveen
Old 25th September 2011, 15:00   #1058
BHPian

[quote=anachronix;2516465]Took delivery of Rally Red JazzX from Capital Honda, Chennai on the 21st of September

CAONGRATS!! anachronix!! lovely red!!looks striking!!
what was the OTR!! did you pay extra 8gs for the spoiler and the grill!!
Old 26th September 2011, 09:38   #1059
BHPian

@anachronix : Congratulations for the new car which has class of its own!

None of the BHPians who bought the new Jazz are starting new ownership thread! Hope someone will start soon...
Old 26th September 2011, 11:23   #1060
BHPian

I had booked at the end of aug and was promised a 45 day delivery period. Now today when I called the dealer - he mentioned they might not be able to meet those dates. He mentioned only folks who have booked in the 2nd/3rd week of Aug are receiving their cars.

His estimate for receiving is 'sometime before january 2012'. *** is how I feel right now
Old 26th September 2011, 12:05   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I had booked at the end of aug and was promised a 45 day delivery period. Now today when I called the dealer - he mentioned they might not be able to meet those dates. He mentioned only folks who have booked in the 2nd/3rd week of Aug are receiving their cars.

His estimate for receiving is 'sometime before january 2012'. *** is how I feel right now
Maverhick, which dealer did you book the car with ? and what version?
Old 26th September 2011, 12:06   #1062
BHPian

Jazz X, Apex Honda, Mumbai
Old 26th September 2011, 14:24   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post

I booked an X in the third week of August. The last update from the dealer ( Linkway) was that he was not even sure of a Nov delivery as of now. Seems Honda is not dispatching more than 10-12 Jazzes a month.
Been through all the stages of grief now: Denial ( am sure I'll get it by oct) , Anger( How can they do this to me?) , Bargaining ( with the dealer.. at least give it by Diwali) , Depression ( call it the Jinx and not Jazz!!) and now Acceptance ( took an informed decision.. cannot think of an alternate car.. might as well wait)
Old 26th September 2011, 14:42   #1064
BHPian

Yes, I know the feeling. But I also can't help feeling that this is ridiculous. Waiting 3/4 months for a car - not like its a Bentley. If a better car shows up, I'd feel really happy to cancel the booking and get a different car. May be one more petrol fuel hike will exhaust my patience faster than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
I booked an X in the third week of August. The last update from the dealer ( Linkway) was that he was not even sure of a Nov delivery as of now. Seems Honda is not dispatching more than 10-12 Jazzes a month.
Been through all the stages of grief now: Denial ( am sure I'll get it by oct) , Anger( How can they do this to me?) , Bargaining ( with the dealer.. at least give it by Diwali) , Depression ( call it the Jinx and not Jazz!!) and now Acceptance ( took an informed decision.. cannot think of an alternate car.. might as well wait)
Old 26th September 2011, 15:19   #1065
BHPian

@anachronix,
Lovely car you've got there!
Jazz looks smashing in red!

Btw, where you at the Marina beach last night? at around 8:30 ~ 9:00PM??
i remember seeing a new Jazz just like yours and was drooling over it!

Most Viewed