Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 12:55   #1006
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I do not know the variants but I spotted few face lifted Jazz in Bangy, chrome strips look bad.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:19   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not know the variants but I spotted few face lifted Jazz in Bangy, chrome strips look bad.
These must be the select variant as only they have the chrome bits. What colours did you see. I have seen the UT and white colour in flesh and the chrome doesnt looks bad on these colours. It looks quiet blingy on the red.
Old 15th September 2011, 15:19   #1008
BHPian

I noticed a Jazz white select in Salarpuria office when I parking my vehicle in basement.
Saw 4 more white ones recently.

Chrome looks okay on white.
Suddenly I can spot more Jazzes these days .

Nice, is that a signal?
Old 15th September 2011, 17:19   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Yes. I am being told that there is a three month waiting period. I wanted to book the basic(Standard) version as there are not many bookings for that. But now I am being told that production for this car has not even started.

While somewhere in this thread, it says that production for the basic version will start in the first week of Sep.

Does anyone have insight into this?
. I have booked the standard version on Sept 1st as the dealer informed they had only 5 bookings till then. Some 40 bookings on the select and another 12 on X.

Some info on delivery schedule would be really helpful!
Old 16th September 2011, 19:37   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback

Chrome looks okay on white.
Suddenly I can spot more Jazzes these days
I agree. Saw the white in flesh today and feel the chrome goes well with the white when compared to the other options.

Test drove the new jazz today. Loved it like the last time. Smooth drive, extremely quiet, very spacious.

I was told by the sales advisor that the gear ratios have been tweaked for better low end drivability. Since the last drive was 2 months back, couldn't make out the difference.
Old 17th September 2011, 09:55   #1011
BHPian

I got a call yesterday eve from my dealer enquiring when was the delivery of the vehicle promised by the sales advisor!

I hope Honda are not going to deliver vehicles as promised by the sales guys at the dealers instead of following their own schedule!

Does that mean if the sales guy told me 3 months waiting period Honda will give away the vehicle to someone else only because its been one month since i booked the vehicle?

Last edited by Samurai : 18th September 2011 at 06:40. Reason: limit smiley to 2
Old 17th September 2011, 13:42   #1012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Poor level of equipment

EDIT in August 2011: The first point of disadvantage was the Jazz' terrible pricing. However, considering Honda's massive price cut in August 2011, this point has been removed.
Considering its current pricing, doesn't it have an equipment list comparable to the competition? I was trying to compare Jazz with Swift ZXi and Jazz scores equally if not better for only a little bit more money.
Old 17th September 2011, 18:44   #1013
BHPian

has anyone who has booked the jazz/ taken delivery been able to negotiate any freebies?

Given the new pricing its optimistic, but wonders do happen
Old 17th September 2011, 20:10   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
has anyone who has booked the jazz/ taken delivery been able to negotiate any freebies?

Given the new pricing its optimistic, but wonders do happen
I managed a mere 2.5k corporate discount.
No freebies
freak1201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 20:48   #1015
BHPian

i managed to get 2k corporate discount and the dealer agreed to give me floor mats, that was after negotiating for 45 mins and talking to sales reps' manager
Old 18th September 2011, 00:50   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos
i managed to get 2k corporate discount and the dealer agreed to give me floor mats, that was after negotiating for 45 mins and talking to sales reps' manager
Ah.. Floor mats that's it? Any idea how much are they worth anyways. And don't they anyways come with the car? Or are these those transparent washable ones? I was hoping with the petrol price hike I might get something.. Unlikely.

So there is corporate discount in the offing. Let me check with that on the dealer. They deny any corporate discounts on the jazz :(

Which dealer did you buy your cars from?
Old 18th September 2011, 18:30   #1017
BHPian

After reading most of the threads on the JAZZ great job :thumbs up, finally went to check out the Jazz at Sundaram Honda Secunderabad!! The threads do justice!!
A UT Select was on display!! Good looking color/car!! Was tempted to put down the initial amt. Quoted a on road price for the X : Rs. 726887/-(12% RT) & Rs.739207/-(14% RT), no freebies, no discount on cash down as of now, and what really put me off ..delivery by December!!:Frustrati
Was informed by the SR that the production has not started for the X on account of the Brio!! And was trying to sell me a City with a delivery in 10 days , almost a 1L off on the 1.5VMT @Rs 9.40L on road & about @80G on the 1.5VAT @Rs.10.60L on road(Petrol rate increase discount I guess) The Jazz was already a good buy now the City seems interesting at that PRICE!! Was going to put down full AMT on the JAZZ, now the SR got me thinking :Cash down for JAZZ +@Rs2.13L/@RS.3.20L (LOAN)= City VMT/VAT . Do I wait or go for the City at that price??
Old 19th September 2011, 13:31   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
Was going to put down full AMT on the JAZZ, now the SR got me thinking :Cash down for JAZZ +@Rs2.13L/@RS.3.20L (LOAN)= City VMT/VAT . Do I wait or go for the City at that price??
The city Vs Jazz debate can be settled only by your requirements. As far as interior space is concerned, i feel the jazz is as spacious as city. The city does have some added boot space, but the jazz's 384 lts boot space is more than adequate. couple that with the flexible seats and you can pretty much carry anything you might need.

For city driving, i would recommend the jazz as the compact dimensions, great all round visiblity will be a boon. But if you do frequent the highway, city might be a better buy due to its more powerful engine. Also to be considered is if you require an AT.

In most international markets, Jazz is priced higher/at par with the city. also city is sold only in specific markets whereas Jazz is a global product. Its only in India that because of the 'prestige' associated with a booted car, does the city command a much higher price.

If you can list down your priorities, maybe members will be better able to help you with your decision.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 23:10   #1019
BHPian

Pics of the UT jazz X posted by someone on the honda fb page. Quiet contrary to my earlier opinion, I don't like the grill so much. Atleast on the UT.
Attached Images

funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 11:51   #1020
BHPian

Very true funkyp.
The chrome makes the UT stand apart. The X UT is somewhat dull.

Most Viewed